Old 08-03-2006, 08:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Interesting the God/ religious implications associated with the word Spirituality. I suppose because it involves the intangible, ethereal, non-quantifiable that they're all presumed to deal with that realm of mystical/ magical/ ritual inherent to God-speak. But spiritual relies heavily on mind, intellect, and understanding of connections within the natural world. One isn't compromising their position about being secular by accepting the concept or term "spiritual".

I'm certainly no expert on quantum mechanics either, but it's such a new science, no-one really knows for sure...not that we really know for sure much about anything, as history reveals. Just working with information to the best of our knowledge at present. I got those percentiles from a NOVA program on PBS. They're based in what can be measured in individual atoms, the amount of physical material of the atom, compared to the space it occupies.
Since all in nature appears to be repeating patterns, differing only in scale, they came about those numbers as rough estimates. Point being, there's so much we don't know. So vastly much more that we don't know than what we do, and what we do know is all subject to change the more we learn. It's quite humbling.

Originally Posted by bobby4444
...we need to consider how our humaness influences how we perceive. Most people allow their emotions to alter their ability to perceive. It's crazy. The psychology of it all adds a whole other realm to this.
"Illusions are painfully shattered, right where discovery starts. In the sacred wells of emotion, very deep in our hearts..."-Rush (the band of course).
Oh people DO like to cling to their illusions. Without awareness, emotions rule us.

It seems we are simply defining things a little different to suit our own personal comfort zones. That is fine. When two people such as our selves can agree to do something like that, we seem to may find ourselves discovering we have a great deal in common after all. It is the very thing that I wish the human race could do.
So difficult to step ourside of ourselves, our own ego, to see what IS, and why and how things work the way they do. And how they affect everything around them. People would so rather cling to rigid beliefs of right and wrong, very narrow constricted, exclusive views, all-or-none, heaven and hell, good and evil. Completely overlooking the fact that BOTH sides can and do exist simultaneously, in fact are dependent on each other for the other side to exist (i.e. there is no such thing as a one-sided coin). Oh there I go again off on that tangent...

I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to consider the things you had said, the things you think. I enjoyed reading your words and that they provoked me to consider my own position. That is what I thirst for. What you had done, particularly how you done it, was very thoughtful. Very cool!
Indeed. It's at the heart of my recovery approach, to think things through, to see WHY I think/ act/ react the way I do. There is no religion, no God, no program that's going to do that for me.