View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
equus

A road less travelled....

ARGHHHHHHH!!!! This book by Dr. Scott Peck was the first I found cheeply for my new course (listed as suggested reading). IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!! Anyone else read it? (Very famous)

I so want to vent but I'd get too heated and give a rotten view of myself. I have dragged my butt through the first 50 odd pages (can't seem to read more than half a page at a time) and have bought a new Oliver Sacks book as reward for when I finish this one.

So shoot me for arrogance but if that plonka comes up with one more cheesey one liner or insanely stupid statment (which seems to be the entire contents of each page) - ok I'm just going to have to keep reading because I'm determined.....

I mentioned the book to a friend I saw yesterday, an old head teacher who's a star and giving me a hand with my presentations. I tried a semi polite summary and then had a brain fart and called Scotty a flippin' idiot - she gafawed laughing and added the word 'freak'.

Come back Mr. Sacks, with your sense of wonder, sense of all that we don't yet know and wipe the memory of Peckland with it's self smooching, half baked panacia to life!!

Oh and do I REALLY need half page long descriptions of why any client refusing his treatment was sicker than he had first thought? Not to mention the dreadful sickness of those who keep coming back and never get anywhere! It left me wanted to say 'Why Peck - you're a very sensitive flower aren't you?'

My review - the book is a brain blender!!