View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Hello meme, and welcome!

Good old sis. Alanon is an excellent suggestion, and I'm glad you found us, too.

I have had many occasions to be grateful that Dino never pointed the finger of blame for his using at me. If he had, I think I would have said something like "I know a really quick fix for that." But I've read lot's of people's stories that echo yours. It's nonsense, of course.

It occured to me that your husband might benefit from attending CoDA as well as AA. (Codependents Anoymous) If he's looking to you or anyone else to be his salvation from the terrors that make him drink, then he's doing what us codies do in spades. Expecting someone else to make our life run right. Hang onto that belief that his drinking is not your doing. It isn't.

I hope you will look at the "power posts" at the top of this, and the naranon forum. They're a collection of messages from our members that we've thought give really good infomation or express some poignant thoughts that would be especially helpful to our newcomers. And know this... you are not alone.

Keep posting!
Hugs,
Smoke