One Thing I Did For Myself Today Part 6 - Page 8 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Women In Recovery
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Today, 07:09 PM   #141 (permalink)

CT, I hope Amazon works out!

I went out to pull weeds, and I was shocked at how few there were! The whole job only took about 20 minutes.

So I continued my time outdoors by walking down to the tiny village museum. About ten families have lived there for generations, and interviews and descriptions of life in the old times were written in binders.

They had so many interesting things crammed into a very tiny brick building.

Across the street the museum inherited a tiny church whose congregation had slowly died off; they put up a display on the altar of how things actually looked when things were at their prime; plus, they got all the other little churches in the area to put up their own artifact displays in cases all along the wall.

In the back room there was a library of old books, especially Civil War histories (many local mustering sites around) and family genealogies.

In the far back room was a treasure trove of old portraits and photographs of people's ancestors from the 1800s. The pictures were cool enough, but the heavy gilded and ornate frames on most of them were unbelievable!

I stayed there mesmerized till closing time, at which time the curator and her assistant went off to an ice cream social and I took the "weed walk" back up to my house.