Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Women In Recovery
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [3]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Suboxone Information

Anyone wondering if it comes up on drug tests.
I've been wondering it for days now and finally found what I hope to be a legitamit answer. I just hope it is true. Anyone who has any experience with it....I'd love to hear about it

Does buprenorphine show up in an employer drug screening?

Buprenorphine has to be specifically tested for and isn’t commonly included on standard drug screen panels. Buprenorphine will NOT cause a positive result on tests for other opiates. The typical urine tests used to detect methadone, oxycodone, heroin, and other opioids check for a different metabolite than that found with buprenorphine and will not show a positive result in buprenorphine (only) maintained patients.

There are in-office tests specifically for buprenorphine that will detect it. These tests are not common but can be purchased on the internet, however we know of none that are CLIA-waved.

When reading in-office dip-strip tests be aware that faint lines are not ‘false positives” see this image of how to read this type of test correctly, and follow the manufacturer instructions: Reading test results

A typical employer multi drug screen might consist of a test for Amphetamine (AMP); Barbiturates (BAR)(Phenobarbital, Secobarbitol, Butalbital); Benzodiazepines(BZO)(Valium, Xanax, Librium, Serax, Rohypnol); Cocaine (COC); Marijuana (THC); Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)(Ecstasy); Opiates (OPI); Oxycodone (OXY); Phencyclidine (PCP); Propoxyphene (PPX)(Darvon compounds); and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCA)

Employers that expand their tests might include some of the following: Hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin), Methaqualone (Quaaludes), Methadone, Ethanol (Alcohol)

It is very unusual for an employer to test for buprenorphine, at least for now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Suboxone sample...

As a former prescription pain pill addict and a patient of a suboxone rehab clinic I can tell you from experience that unless tested for suboxone specifically, it has never shown on a ordinary drug test, FOR ME. As a patient, I would have to test every visit for drug use through urine tests and suboxone never shown, not once! I took 12 urine tests for my doctor. As for hair follicle tests... The same is true! I just took a hair follicle test for the job I was just hired for 2 weeks ago, the results? Negative for all drugs... I even took a suboxone 2mg that morning and still negative. I made sure I had the proper paperwork from my doctor when I took the test unless something came up, but I never had to use it. I also spoke to my doctor about if it shows in hair follicle tests and he told me that it shouldn't unless they test for it specifically...

I hope I was of some help for somebody...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

hey this question has been plaguing me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmealislove View Post
I've been wondering it for days now and finally found what I hope to be a legitamit answer. I just hope it is true. Anyone who has any experience with it....I'd love to hear about it

Buprenorphine has to be specifically tested for and isn’t commonly included on standard drug screen panels. Buprenorphine will NOT cause a positive result on tests for other opiates. The typical urine tests used to detect methadone, oxycodone, heroin, and other opioids check for a different metabolite than that found with buprenorphine and will not show a positive result in buprenorphine (only) maintained patients.

There are in-office tests specifically for buprenorphine that will detect it. These tests are not common but can be purchased on the internet, however we know of none that are CLIA-waved.

When reading in-office dip-strip tests be aware that faint lines are not ‘false positives” see this image of how to read this type of test correctly, and follow the manufacturer instructions: Reading test results

A typical employer multi drug screen might consist of a test for Amphetamine (AMP); Barbiturates (BAR)(Phenobarbital, Secobarbitol, Butalbital); Benzodiazepines(BZO)(Valium, Xanax, Librium, Serax, Rohypnol); Cocaine (COC); Marijuana (THC); Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)(Ecstasy); Opiates (OPI); Oxycodone (OXY); Phencyclidine (PCP); Propoxyphene (PPX)(Darvon compounds); and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCA)

Employers that expand their tests might include some of the following: Hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin), Methaqualone (Quaaludes), Methadone, Ethanol (Alcohol)

I wonder if anyone else has this answer ...
Old 12-31-2008, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

also ...

has anyone else heard that suboxone causes false positives for oxycontin ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmealislove View Post

Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

I hope you are correct ...

However, I know for a fact that suboxone can cause false positives for oxy in urine samples ... not for opiates...but when they test specifically for oxy .. suboxone can cause false positives in urine tests ... and I wonder if the same is tru in hair follicle tests..

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggynelson View Post
As a former prescription pain pill addict and a patient of a suboxone rehab clinic I can tell you from experience that unless tested for suboxone specifically, it has never shown on a ordinary drug test, FOR ME. As a patient, I would have to test every visit for drug use through urine tests and suboxone never shown, not once! I took 12 urine tests for my doctor. As for hair follicle tests... The same is true! I just took a hair follicle test for the job I was just hired for 2 weeks ago, the results? Negative for all drugs... I even took a suboxone 2mg that morning and still negative. I made sure I had the proper paperwork from my doctor when I took the test unless something came up, but I never had to use it. I also spoke to my doctor about if it shows in hair follicle tests and he told me that it shouldn't unless they test for it specifically...

Old 12-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

please tell us more details about the type of urine screen you had and the type of ha

please tell us more details about the type of urine screen you had and the type of ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggynelson View Post

Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

unfortunately

i know when they test specifically for oxy,hyrdo, etc... in home urine tests that suboxone can cause a false positive