Notices

here's where I am now....

Old 08-22-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

here's where I am now....

Age 39, guess I first realized when I had a problem when I made an account on this forum in 2010...sigh....I'm the kind of person that drinks always saying, I can quit next week or Ill start tapering next week, rinse and repeat and time just goes on by. I've finally decided I'm done with drinking....I'd say on average I'm a 8 beer per day dude, some days it might end up 10-12 beers but not usually unless I start drinking at supper time. I only drink in the evening and job is fine, I'm basically functionally fine. I probably only missed 3 weeks of drinking in the past 10 years when my father in law died of pancreatic cancer at age 52. I've been trying to tapper of the last little bit but wasn't working too good until a few days ago I noticed a dull off/on ache in my right rib area which scared me. After all the googling of the last few days it scared me straight. The last bw I've had done was probably 3-4 years ago and all was normal but my GP does not know I have an issue. I'm due for bw now and seeing my doctor in two days. I went from 8 beers 3 days ago, to 6, to 4 last night and will only be 2 beers tonight. I'm thinking I should come clean with the doctor on Thursday just for piece of mind and to ask for my lft's to be checked and get him to check me over as I'm worried about what damage I might have caused my liver. if any....I must have fatty liver after 10 years of daily at least.....I'm still done with drinking....but also worried about any withdrawl even with tapper and PAWS.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Fancy

If you're concerned about withdrawal, seeing a Dr really is your best bet, I think?

Feel free to reintroduce yourself in the Newcomers Forum as well

D
Old 08-22-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

doh, wrong forum, your right, will copy over, thx.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

not the wrong forum - you might get more responses over there tho
D