Notices

Wondering if God could forgive the addicted

Old 06-26-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling like the one lost sheep asking where are the ninety and nine?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

we are here,chuck.
Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

its not CAN God forgive. God DOES forgive. it takes change though. He loves us all. that love is unconditional. but he doesn't like us living like we are/were( that being living in addiction)

so, whats up? wanna open up a bit?tell us whats going on? we cant help the lost sheep without knowing whats goin on.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

to answer this question from your other thread:
"Question did anybody have really bad dreams during recovery? "

yes, in early recovery I had terrible dreams( when I could sleep). the drugs and alcohol were leaving my body and my brain was startin to fire up again- electrical paths starting to be used again that had been short circuited by drugs and alcohol for a long time. them dreams subsided as I worked on me- lookin at my past and seeing what made me tick, doing my best to fix the damage I had done to everyone, and changing me.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chuckieinoz View Post

Repentance plays a most important part here

A gift that might only be given by the Holy Spirit

REPENT'ANCE, n. 1. Sorrow for any thing done or said; the pain or grief which a person experiences in consequence of the injury or inconvenience produced by

repentant REPENT'ANT, a. 1. Sorrowful for past conduct or words. 2. Sorrowful for sin. 3. Expressing or showing sorrow for sin; as repentant tears; repentant
Old 06-26-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Tomsteve how much should I open up here without offending people who don't believe
Old 06-26-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can God forgive the addict? He forgives all
Old 06-26-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Conditions of Forgiveness

Originally Posted by airwick View Post

Can God forgive the addict? He forgives all
if he forgives all I guess Hitler is in heaven

and all of the other (unrepentant) ones who have ever lived

he forgives all is a new age teaching that has only became popular in these last days

MM

Although God is always ready and willing to forgive us, He requires two things of us as conditions of forgiveness: repentance and forgiveness of others.
Repentance
Repentance means a sincere resolve to turn away from sin and toward God.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." (NIV, Matthew 4:17)

True repentance involves sorrow for acts of sin and leads to a fundamental change in attitude. We are all sinners in our own ways (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8), and we may fail time and again in our attempt to avoid sin. God is always willing for us to start over and make another attempt. However, if we ask for forgiveness with the intention of sinning again, we have not really repented.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Tomsteve how much should I open up here without offending people who don't believe
as much as ya want. if it offends people(nicluding me) they have the right to ignore.
we are here to help!
God talk doesn't offend me.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well I feel I have blown all. Got saved from speed acid pot alcohol and the lifestyle that goes with that. Got radically "saved" ( Christianeze) felt the calling of God became a youth pastor walked with God for 24 years burned out in leadership wanted to leave my position in Church Pastor would not let me, but one day my Son got into trouble that ended him up in jail so the Pastor sent the assistant Pastor to tell me I was being released then got depression struggled with all that goes with Christians and depression started on the pills and here I am feeling like God should not waste His time on me because I have blown it.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
if he forgives all I guess Hitler is in heaven

and all of the other (unrepentant) ones who have ever lived

he forgives all is a new age teaching that has only became popular in these last days

MM

Although God is always ready and willing to forgive us, He requires two things of us as conditions of forgiveness: repentance and forgiveness of others.
Repentance
Repentance means a sincere resolve to turn away from sin and toward God.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." (NIV, Matthew 4:17)

True repentance involves sorrow for acts of sin and leads to a fundamental change in attitude. We are all sinners in our own ways (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8), and we may fail time and again in our attempt to avoid sin. God is always willing for us to start over and make another attempt. However, if we ask for forgiveness with the intention of sinning again, we have not really repented.
Your right I struggle with being numb and not wanting to abuse God's kindness why waste His time on me might seem strange but hard to see beyond that.
By the way you guys can be hard on me I will not be offended
Old 06-26-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"here I am feeling like God should not waste His time on me because I have blown it. "

that is a lie satan is telling you!!
satan works on us in many ways. im sure you know scripture and that scripture can prove that.

GOD WILL NOT WASTE HIS TIME ON YOU!!

remember Saul? he slayed christians in the name of Christianity! im sur eyou know what happened and how he turned around and became one of the greatest deciples( that's my opinion about the greatest).

there are so many more examples int he bible of this- more than I can think of right now.
romans 5:6-For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly

He is there and will help IF you put in the footwork and change( repent).

this is addiction- it is not something that I alone could conquer. I not only needed God, I needed others to help me. I turned to face to fac support. im gonna send you a Pm with a good suggestion for ya!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

why waste His time on me might seem strange but hard to see beyond that
please reconsider
for we should never think that
for if God made us in his image (I do believe this)
he desires to spend plenty of time with us (his time is immeasurable)
we only need to be willing and call on Him (capital H)

The Extent of God's Love (John MacArthur)
The Extent of God's Love (John MacArthur) - YouTube

have a blessed sober day
Mountainman

immeasurable IMMEAS'URABLE, a. immezh'urable. [in and measure. ]That cannot be measured; immense; indefinitely extensive; as an immeasurable distance or space
Old 06-26-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

God meets us where we are and He is always there.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do hope we can focus on the OP and share our experience and our beliefs and not turn this into a denigration of things we don't agree with...

This is one of my favorite Bible quotes Ralph

Psalm 103:12
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
I believe God can does and will forgive me my sins.

I didn't believe in God when I got sober.
I was the stumbling block - I didn't forgive God or forgive myself for the mess I was in.

It took me a few months to get a clear perspective on all that, but yeah - I believe God forgives everyone who asks for forgiveness

D
Old 06-26-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well I feel I have blown all. Got saved from speed acid pot alcohol and the lifestyle that goes with that. Got radically "saved" ( Christianeze) felt the calling of God became a youth pastor walked with God for 24 years burned out in leadership wanted to leave my position in Church Pastor would not let me, but one day my Son got into trouble that ended him up in jail so the Pastor sent the assistant Pastor to tell me I was being released then got depression struggled with all that goes with Christians and depression started on the pills and here I am feeling like God should not waste His time on me because I have blown it.
1 Timothy 1 (NIV)

12 I am thankful to Christ Jesus our Lord. He has given me strength. I thank him that he considered me faithful. And I thank him for appointing me to serve him.
13 I used to speak evil things against Jesus. I tried to hurt his followers. I really pushed them around. But God showed me mercy anyway. I did those things without knowing any better. I wasn’t a believer.
14 Our Lord poured out more and more of his grace on me. Along with it came faith and love from Christ Jesus.
15 Here is a saying that you can trust. It should be accepted completely. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
And I am the worst sinner of all. 16 But for that very reason, God showed me mercy. And I am the worst of sinners. He showed me mercy so that Christ Jesus could show that he is very patient. I was an example for those who would come to believe in him. Then they would receive eternal life.
If Saul/Paul can be forgiven there's hope for us all

D
Old 06-26-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Open mouth, insert foot again lol
Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

It was life changing for me to realise that God Himself hung on that cross FOR me! I knew Jesus was the Son & that He was as equal as the Father but in the flesh was another view hadn't thot of all this time. Absolutely, He forgives every kind of sin; He's even forgiven me for the future ones. Always rem this: if earth had no sinners, heaven would be empty
Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Absolutely.

I felt the same way. My sponsor taught me the problem is not God's forgiveness, it was my lack of acceptance of who I was and what I had done. Once I became willing to face that, I began to learn to forgive myself and stop playing god.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi guys day 3 and fog lifting your posts are awesome encouragement
Have been meditating on Lamentations 3:19-23 Especially v 21

New International Version (NIV)

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Great is His faithfulness.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

I firmly believe God does and already HAS forgiven us for our sins. He hasn't given up on us at all. I went away from God for a long time during the lowest point of my drinking. I lost everything, did some stupid stuff, and thought God had given up on me. However, that was not the case at all. He was and still is ALWAYS there when you need him. Read my quote in my signature. I truly believe if you do your part in staying strong and addiction free, then God will do His part and rescue you. I stopped praying because I was ashamed of myself and thought God would be too. I started praying to Him again. Even though I was and still am ashamed, I know He will always listen and be there. Just like my guardian angels, and just like your guardian angels. All we have to do is ask for forgiveness, and let Him take over.