Notices

Sad and Lost

Old 03-13-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sad and Lost

Where was I when I found SR? Sad and lost I guess is the best way to describe myself at the moment. I have been sober three days now after getting drunk Sunday and being verbally abusive to my wife. She is a great lady and has put up with a lot from me in the few years we have been together. I have tried to quit on my own before but realized Monday I need help with this.

I went to my first meeting last night and realized that it was just what I needed. I will start counseling for anger management next week as well. I don't feel the need to drink very often but when I do I am not the greatest of people since I consume whatever is in front of me and lash out after.

Hurting my wife with the things I have said just kills me. Sorry for the long post, just trying to get my true feelings about how I feel at the moment out. Thanks for providing this great site.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR SPM0923

You'll find an incredible amount of support here

Check out our Newcomers Forum too

Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
D
Old 03-13-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome SPM0923!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Hi!

Hi! and Welome Great to see you here. I'm sure you'll get both great relief and support on here from all in SRC and the Forum threads and posts...
Old 03-14-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi
Old 04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have tried to quit on my own before but realized Monday I need help with this.
You know exactly how I felt when I tried to quit. It was incredibly difficult and I couldn't understand why??? Now that I have been in treatment and going to meetings I know why. I need help too! I have found a WE program of recovery and I no longer try to do it alone. Much easier and many more friends now!
Glad you are here, keep coming back!!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you get the help you need. One reason i quit was for my loved ones. I was not treating them as I should and that hurt me more than I was hurting them. Good luck and stay strong.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome and congratulations on recognising your problem and trying to make a change. you're already making progress. I'v been drinking for many years and didn't realise I had a problem until i tried to stop. I started SR over a year ago and AA six months ago. I'm still drinking. that's not to say that SR and AA don't work, I believe with my heart they do but you have to work the program. The reason i still drink is that it is still a secret i keep from my husband and that secret is keeping me sick. I've decided this week to tell my husband. I believe it is a turning point in my recovery because i'll be able to go to meetings whenever i need to without hiding it. It's a point I had to arrive at on my own. My point is, this is your journey my friend. You will recover when you are ready to. I hope that is now. I wish you much love and support.