What we all want ...

Old 12-20-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

What we all want ...

Whilst many social commentators point out that we live in a self absorbed society.

Recovery is not just about being safe, sane and so0ber, it's a bout having the clarity of mind and self awareness to have the ability to put the needs of others before self.

Which as the Festive Season approaches, but for now and the future, however long that may last. Allows us to wish for others, those things we would wish for ourselves.

Peace, health and happiness, wherever you may find it together with prosperity according to our needs.

Which I'd suggest, especially in recovery is what everyone wants both for others and themselves...

On a personal note, I'll take the opportunity to wish all on here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...
Old 12-20-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
waking down

Thanks, man. I have to confess I've been on a downer lately, especially when I'm thinking about myself rather than keeping busy with or for others.

Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

The odd thing...

The odd thing, than many don't realize, that applies in life, especially in re4covery, is that in forgetting self and putting the needs of others first, we find ourselves.

Which is why in the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous', there's a chapter devoted to the subject, titled,'Working with others.'