An experience not to be missed ...

Old 12-18-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

An experience not to be missed ...

Apparently, one of the intrigues and motivation for science and all the research that accompanies it, is the not knowing or fully understanding the subject or subjects involved. Which often lead on to other greater knowledge or understanding.

Applying the same principle to my recovery it has allowed me to recognize and accept myself, for all my faults and failings, real or imagined, in both my eyes and the eyes of others.

From this has flowed the , as I see it, unlimited potential to, in just being myself, grow spiritually, mentally and physically in all areas of my life.

Simply by attaching myself to those people and things that offer a healthy, positive influence on my life, often leading me onto others, providing the unlimited potential for personal growth. Which makes it an ongoing process, with no claim to knowing or fully understanding and certainly no claim to perfection!

And detaching from those that don't, not least my former, delusional life lead in my drinking days....

All I can say of this is, that it's an experience, especially in recovery, not to be missed!

I also view all that this entails, including the not knowing or fully understanding, as a form of 'escapism' providing a relief from a life that once was, and an, metaphorically speaking, into a life with unlimited potential for growth, in simply being me. Exactly the person I was always meant to be.

Which, I'd suggest, in recovery, is a common goal we're all trying to achieve...
Old 12-18-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is incredibly well-spoken.

It should be in the BB.

Recovery (and living a normal life) have been an amazing journey for me - the complete opposite of the dead end lifestyle I lead when I was drinking.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Thank you ...

Thank you,BB? 'Big Book' really? Praise indeed, I didn't see that one comin' lost for words now....thanks.