Definitely on the Struggle Bus today

Old 07-18-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Definitely on the Struggle Bus today

Hey everyone. I just wanted to voice out today. I haven't been very strong these last few days. I missed out on my AA meeting this week. I drank while I was at work, and when I left work. I'm happy and doing well when I'm sober. I'm really anxious today. My body is screaming at me to not drink. How stupid am I? I'm hurting my body. No more. When can it be no more? I'm honest to God afraid to drink but now my body is so dependent on it. I just wanted to voice that out. I'm going to an AA meeting tonight. I need to do something, right? I need to stay on the wagon, and hold on like hell. Instead of staying in my head, I wanted to say that on here. Thank you for listening.

Zana
Old 07-18-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by zanabanana View Post
How stupid am I? I'm hurting my body. No more. When can it be no more? I'm honest to God afraid to drink but now my body is so dependent on it. I just wanted to voice that out. I'm going to an AA meeting tonight. I need to do something, right?
You're not stupid Zana. You're addicted. Join the club. Lots here that still are. Lots that were.

You probably know already the physical addiction passes quickly, a couple of days. The mental takes longer. Meetings help with that. The more the merrier at first. Sounds like you've been reading the Big Book already. Honest to God... that's the ticket for licking this thing for good.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

zanabanana,
this has nothing to do with stupid or smart.
nothing.

and yes, doing something concrete, action, is more likely to get a better result than staying in the head.

worked for me, anyway.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Get up after you fall down. Leave your fear behind. Listen to the AA meetings. Dont give up easily.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by Frankynstein View Post
Dont give up easily
... or ever.