Things you noticed being sober/clean

Old 05-11-2004, 10:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I can sit in the square of my village and see tourists taking in the olive trees and the 9th century Abbey that I have taken for granted for too long, I talk to flowers in my garden, wonder at the salamander in my pond and see my life so different like being born over with better vision, hightened awareness of the love and joy that fills my life, I feel alive.

lOVE indigo
Old 05-12-2004, 12:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I thank you all for the coments of this being a great thread. Thing is Mike telling of the moon is what started the thoughts of this thread.

Great thread MIKE.

The trees out behind my work flower every year. They fill the whole parking lot with the fragrance of beauty. Last year I took vacation for 3 days just before the trees flowered. A rain storm over the weekend before my coming back had taken all the flowers off the trees. Once they passed, all I could do is remember the year before and hope to be around when they flower this year. (maybe next week) It truely is a blessing to read the posts you all put here. As I read and reread them, I am feeling they would be here when ever I wanted to return. If the peace I feel inside ever leaves, a return to read your posts I am sure will bring back that peace.
Another thing I will be looking forward to this year (one of many) The rumble of Harley pipes in a tunnel. For any who have rode or ride they would understand the beautiful music that is to the ears.
Could fill pages but rather then sit here and type, I will be out looking for the sites and sounds of things that get listed here. A return when day ends will bring more memories (if I slow down and take things one moment at a time.)
We are on this earth but for a blink of an eye... enjoy every moment to the fullest.

Last edited by best; 05-12-2004 at 01:20 AM. Reason: cause I don't know how to type
Old 05-12-2004, 12:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

Thanks for the reminder best! I was on a break at work this afternoon sitting behind the restaurant just enjoying the nice breeze, listening to the sounds of the birds and the traffic, and the gun shots in the distance from the gun club down the street. I never even noticed the gunshots before today. Just hearing all these things while I watched a stray cat loitering around the dumpster. I just felt peaceful and aware and my mind wandered towards this thred. I started picturing what it must be like to be that cat, I was picturing in my head the people mabey a mile away or more shooting their guns at targets at the club, watched the firemen sitting in their folding chairs in front of the station across the street, wondering what heroic acts they each have made just for a paycheck, to pay their rent, mortgage, ex. yeah getting out of my own head is just a great feeling, thanks to everyone for giving me more things to help with it.

mike
Old 05-12-2004, 05:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great thread,

I love watching my kids play. Rolling over and seeing the outline of my husbands shoulder in the dark. being able to love another human being with all of my heart. Watching someone come into recovery scared and beating and seeing them blossom over time into happy humans. and so many other things.

Laurie D