What's recovery for me

Old 08-16-2011, 02:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What's recovery for me

For me recovery somewhat resembles eternity: in both cases there's an endless path to follow. Does anyone have the same feeling? :-)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shadeofplato View Post
For me recovery somewhat resembles eternity: in both cases there's an endless path to follow. Does anyone have the same feeling? :-)
It resembles the end of self destruction and a journey to self-discovery.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I like those! Yes, me, too!!
For me, it's my journey of self discovery and restitution to the world. I'm sure I've hurt others just by my attitude all those negative and cynical years.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beating this demon for GOOD

to me it is a new, much better, clear-headed way of life, and a path to self-discovery wherein I can meet "myself" as the person I truly am, not the self-righteous drunk who knows everything.

I was watching the movie "28 Days" today and there was a very poignant scene wherein Sandra Bullock's character and Viggo Mortensen's character are having a conversation over things they did crazily while drunk/drinking. Viggo's character freely shared his, and over time so did Sandra's albeit reluctantly at first. His character then says to her, "those things are not YOU. They are just some things that you did." I love that!!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

I myself, believe in reincarnation. So yes, it is about eternity. IMO alcoholism may have been that worst thing that ever happened to me in this life, but it may end up being the best thing that ever happened in all my life times.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do. And I like it very much. To me it feel like a horrendous fog has lifted, it lifted slowly and continues to do so. Recovery from alcoholism has truly impacted every single facet of my life for the better. It isn't always easy at all but I am so very thankful for it.