Notices

How much valium is too much?

Old 02-15-2003, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

How much valium is too much?

I have been prescribed valium for the past four years. I never take more than 5-20mg at a time and was just curious as to how much valium would cause unconsciousness or whatever happens to you when you take too much. What I want to know is, how much valium is too much?

Curious.

xox
Old 02-15-2003, 10:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Joanna,

I can't answer the question of how much is too much. I would definitely say it is different for everyone depending on thier weight, height, how much food is in their system, etc. The smartest and safest way to take your medication is to take it exactly as your doctor perscribes it. This will insure that you do not take more than you're suppose to. If you feel as if the drug is not working for you like it used to, it would be best to tell your doctor so he could discuss safe alternatives with you.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Im Ok - youre OK

valium is a benzo diazepine, actually one of the safer drugs in overdose,but its seriously not a good idea to mess with large quantities as your tolerance to it gets massive and its an absolute bitch to come off.also you need more and more to feel ANYTHING if you start to mess with high doses.Dont even think about it (if ya were that is) in my opinion any valium is too much valium cos of the problem it causes when you try to quit.If you do ever try to quit,this is not,repeat not,one you can quit alone,you need hospitalisation,i tried and nearly died. Dont mean to depress you but this one mean little pill.you should only ever be prescribed it for 4 weeks max, really. try to discuss it with your doctor if you have concerns.

love clancy xx
Old 02-18-2003, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Clancy,

It sounds like you know about it first hand. Thanks for giving us the information.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it is extreme to say any is too much, however, all agreed to be cautious and discuss with dR

live
Old 02-19-2003, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Hey I'm no exspert, nd it is best to talk to your doctor. they gave me valum last year, I threw it out! I once saw a lady going through detox on valum and it was horrible! God know I never ever want to see my self go throuh that kind of withdawl. I guess I remember when I first cae in the rooms, that a drug is a drug is a drug is a drug,we can abuse anything that we can get our little hands on! I never knw I was a pill poper becaus I ws so far into my denile, I also would use anything els too just to sleep. I am using my seriquil to sleep, because I have been acting so crazy. I feel better today,but very sleepy still. Like they said tough, ask your doctor.
Zoomer