Notices

Finally Quittin OC's

Old 03-24-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally Quittin OC's

Well, I'm new here. only 21 years old. I started doing oc's about 2 years ago. Ive never had any medical need for pills but we found out about snorting o's and me and my best friend fell in love with. I'm up to 120mg a day to get by can do it on 80mg but it isn't as easy. I did my last 40 12 hours ago. I'm tired of being like this and having to depend on something to function in life. I did my last 40 8 hours ago and I am really feeling bad now. I know the next few days are gonna be hell, but it's something I've got to do. I will get on as much as possible with updates and so forth. Thanks in advance for all your help and support
Old 03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
I'm proud of you for taking the first step by realizing that there is a problem and reaching out. That is BIG! Life is much better without substances. Stick around and keep posting. There is so much support here!!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey man glad you're here & congratulations on taking a huge step. I thought that since I was only 22 I couldn't have developed a problem either. But thanks to SR and all the wonderful recovery programs that are available to us today, some of us can be spared of that 10 or 15 years of literal hell.
I was hooked on OC's for 2 years starting at 18. I didn't stop because I was too young to be a drug addict, but my using eventually turned into heroin and anything else I could get my hands on. I can't stress to you enough that reaching out for help is such a great leap in the right direction. Good luck with the withdrawal, I know how difficult it can be and if you feel the urgency you might want to consult a physician.

Good luck bro!

Paul
Old 03-24-2006, 10:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Thumbs up

Hey Pat,,

Great to have you here !!!

Congrats from here as well on the BEST decision you have ever made in your life. It is one that you will not regret.. It all just takes time, as you know,.. But I wanted to just repeat what Paul said, I know that people do it by themselves all the time, I did at times, but I always ended up going back, now that is not at all what I am saying about you, because there are people that don't, I just wasn't one of them. But if you find that it becomes to be to much, please, go into an ER, or call a doctor. They do make meds that make detoxing easier, and there is always a stay in a detox,, I have done that many times, and that makes it much more manageable. I do know though that there are people that would just rather suffer it out. But know that no matter what your decsion is, we are here for you the whole 9 yards. We will be here..

Many prayers for you,,

Becky
Old 03-24-2006, 10:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by USCBigPat
I will get on as much as possible with updates and so forth. Thanks in advance for all your help and support
Welcome, USCBigPat. Glad you found us.

Yup, the detoxing is going to be NO FUN. But you can do it. I suggest, too, consulting your Dr. for help. Doctors are pretty cool these days. Thsy don't even blink when one of us comes in for help for an addiciton. '

Hang in there. Keep reading and posting. We're her 24/7 to spport you.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Yup...you sure CAN do it!! One thing I know for sure...it gets WORSE every time you go back out and get hooked again..I must of kicked opiates at least 20 times and know addiction is NOT like cheese...it does NOT get better with age!!! Only more painful!! So maybe you can break this cycle of destruction now and not have to go on to the depths of hell..thats what it was for me...lockdown detox for 10 days...no meds..I would of left but I couldn't climb over the fence!!! Poor mans detox I guess!!

The one thing that helped me through it alot this last time...please god!!!....was I tried to force myself to keep busy and do things ...like walk..type...make something to eat or brew a good tea...moving as much as I could force myself really helped with the muscle aches for me...

Keep posting !! Its OK to feel like Crap for awhile!!!!! Detox ON!!!!!!!!!!!...norhtbelle
Old 03-25-2006, 05:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

good luck with it. it'll be a bitch and a doc can help with withdrawal symptoms. stay hydrated (gatorade, powerade) !!! get some immodium for the diarrhea. ibuprofen helps if you can keep it down. hot baths, sauna help if you can handle it. if you smoke cigs, well, stock up on them.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by USCBigPat
Well, I'm new here. only 21 years old. I started doing oc's about 2 years ago. Ive never had any medical need for pills but we found out about snorting o's and me and my best friend fell in love with. I'm up to 120mg a day to get by can do it on 80mg but it isn't as easy. I did my last 40 12 hours ago. I'm tired of being like this and having to depend on something to function in life. I did my last 40 8 hours ago and I am really feeling bad now. I know the next few days are gonna be hell, but it's something I've got to do. I will get on as much as possible with updates and so forth. Thanks in advance for all your help and support
Good for you----It is the BEST thing that you will ever do for yourself...I , too quit a very dangerous drug....cold turkey..please talk to your DR. He/She may be able to give you some pointers. Windysan had some good ones. I am praying for you as you start your new journey into SANITY......PEACE.......Kahlia
Old 03-25-2006, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well I'm here to at work right now. the ativan and muscles relaxors are really helping a lot. I dont feel near as bad as I did last time I quit only two more hours left here then I can go home./ I will post more when I get off
Old 03-26-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Pat,

How are you doing? I am coming off Percs right now and feel so blah. How about you. I know we can both do this.

tryingthisagain