Notices

Nar-anon message board

Old 06-13-2001, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Nar-anon message board

if you or someone you know is suffering because of someone ELSE"S drug addiction, there's finally a place for yu to share and air out your frustrations too...
hop on over to the nar-anon message board.
we're here for you.
Old 07-04-2001, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ncsthbell

My father died from alcohol & drug abuse, I have one sister in prison for it, another that is a user (just hasn't gotten caught) and a brother that is on the run. There are 2 of us siblings that have never been users. Now, my son is hooked on crack and has lost everything he owned and this week he stole from us to buy drugs. I am always the one everyone turns to for help, I am also raising 2 more children, plus my sister's daughter. My son has admitted he is an addict and needs to go to a treatment center but we can not find one because he does not have insurance. Do you know anyway we could find a place for him? We live outside of Raleigh, North Carolina. People that do the drugs do not realize the affect they have on others. I have spent so many days with my stomach in knots, sick and many, many nights crying myself to sleep. Can you help?

Old 07-04-2001, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ncsthbell, sorry to hear of your loss and pain. I can try to help you out with a placement. since I have not done an assessment on the person. you will have to call or visit the facilties and see which one fits your needs.

Pathways Counseling Center
2809 Highwoods Blvd
Raleigh, N.C. 27604
919-872-7373

ARP/Phoenix
Recovery Partnership
3900 Barrett Drive
Raleigh, N.C.
919-782-6554

New Leaf
1209 Linwood Avenue
Durham, N.C.
919-956-9452

Durham County Substance Services
Halfway-House
508 Gordon Street
Durham, N.C.
919-560-7746

I hope this information causes you no stress and addresses the prblem in a comprehensive way to your satisfaction. Take care and post back so that we can continue to help out, fellowship and support your efforts. You are not alone.
Old 07-04-2001, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ncsthbell

Smile

Pernell, thank you so much for responding to my posted message. As I have been reading through many of the postings, I see that I am surely not alone in the situation. My sister was transferred several months ago to an intense drug rehabilitation center called Mary Francis in Tarboro, NC. I went to visit her today and she told me that it is the best thing that ever happened to her. She is getting the help she needs. I appreciate the information on the treatment centers that you posted. My son has been calling places all day to try to find somewhere to go. Maybe one of these will be a fit for him. Thank you again, you made my day!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wings

I moved your post to a new thread in nar-anon.

Here is the link.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...n-89392-1.html