Notices

Amy

Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Amy

Amy;

I just wanted to let you know, and I'm sure I'm not alone, that you are such a kind, caring person.

I feel like you're the mother hen of this board. Every day you check on each and every one of us faithfully, and I just wanted to say, and I'm sure I speak for not just myself, but many others here, Thank you. You rock!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Content with my past

I love Amy, she was the first person to befriend me when I first came to SR. She sent me a private post at my darkest times to addiction. I am hoping that I can take her to Mexico someday. We have talked about it. Have a few cabana boys at our service. lol Maybe all of us girls should plan a Mexico getaway. What happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico...................
Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!!! :-)

WE WUV YOU ****{AMY}}}!!!:ghug3 You are a wealth of information and your kindness and concern for others is a real blessing!!
********{HUGS}}}}}
Jane
Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto that, AMy you are a beautiful person who has helped me more than you can ever imagine......... i truly love you and wish the best for you..... I am proud tohave such a positive, upbeat person for a friend
Old 01-09-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG....you guys are wonderful!!!

I just woke up, and REALLY want a cigarette, but will not give in, so came to check in on everyone instead and I found this post

I'm just glad the "real me" is back....not the self-centered witch that I was when I was on crack.

You all really are the greatest....I honestly can't sleep if one of you hasn't checked in, so guess I am a "mother hen" and that's okay Thanks for being such good friends.

And, BTW.....10 months clean today, 3 days without cigarettes.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-09-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WOW you have to tell me your secret to stopping smoking, since I do smoke.... You are so strong and brave and such a beautiful person.... I LOVE having you as a mother hen, and I NEED you in my life, justlike I need food or air..... Friends for life
Old 01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Amy, Yeeeee Haaaaa .....10 months clean !!!!!! and 3 days off cigarrettes !!!

Your doing so freakin great !!!

You're a very strong person indeed.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks again!

For what it's worth, I am glad I waited until I had some recovery under my belt before quitting smoking. Last night I was irritable, frustrated, and panicked about money (it was dead at work....no customers=no money)...just wanted SOMETHING to make me feel better.

Luckily, I quickly realized that it was just a feeling, and I got through it. Have to admit, though, I DID have half a chocolate milkshake it was the best of my alternatives!

Thanks for being such great friends!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hugs to ya ((((((Amy))))) ..

Thanks for being here ........and givein the way you do ....!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and am so proud of you quitting the smokes. I need to do that also. I smoke more now then ever. But, one addiction at a time. I need more time under my belt. I hope everything is ok and just think how much money you will save. Cigs are way too expensive!!!!
Love ya girlie!!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Amy, How are you doing today? I know that you had a slip with the smoking but I also know that you have quite a few days behind you. Keep up the good work and I am happy you and CC get to have some fun together. Make sure you take your digital camera with you and take some pictures for us to share. I am proud of you and hope someday I get to meet you too. Hang in there, you are needed here badly. Love ya!!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Amy ! I believe in my heart that your going to be succesful in quiting cigarettes once and for all.
It goes without saying that you are doing wonderfully with the no dope thing too!!!

When your cravings are at there worse ...go and cudle Elvis....cats are very understanding. Especially when there crunchie dish is full.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone...back to not smoking again. My boss said "5 cigarettes in one night!!!!" I reminded her "5 cigarettes in now 8 days....not so bad, since it used to be 20 cigarettes a day".

Not feeling as grumpy, so hopefully didn't go back to square one....not as much nicotine in my system. Still putting money in my "moving fund" and now have $400....not much, but considering a month ago I couldn't see how to save $20, I'm pretty darn proud of myself Of course, I'm also praying nothing else goes wrong with my car. Wonder how long it takes before we aren't waiting for something bad to happen every time things are going good...trying to remind myself that stuff happens, but as long as I'm clean, I can handle what comes.

Thanks again to my wonderful friends here....you guys have helped me out SOOO much!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-14-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Hi Amy, Good for you!!!!! Thinking of you and hoping your week goes well and you make a lot of money to sock away.