Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hi MacGrubber and Glitter...
Thanks for your very reassuring words. Today is exactly 1 week. I have to admit I am still somewhat gittery but I guess that goes with the territory. RLS is great with the Neurontin, sleep could be better but am taking a small dose of Trazadone to help with that and finally, yes finally, the diarrhea is beginning to subside. My brain is going 100mph but my body can't stay up to it so I'm sort of daydreaming about what I should be doing.... I do have lots of aches and pains but am taking Aleve for that - it is kind of helping, but not really - I think I'm playing a mind game with myself.
Hope the both of you are doing well... We CAN do this....
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by shestruggles View Post
Time, time, time, my friend! The days seem never ending, but it just takes time to wd from oxy.

I've done it so many times & I soooo hate it.

Drink lots of water, no caffie, ibuprofin for aches and chills. Hot hot hot baths. Get comfy, can some magazines or books, and and some good movies if you can. Just try to keep your mind busy, and get a little exercise (ie walking around the house)

What is boils down to is that you're gonna feel like crap, no way around it. It's won'y last forever, you just have to wait as the poison gets outta you.

The best advice I can give is - don't quit! If you give in and take something you'll be back at day 1.

I wish you all the best!

Keep posting here if you can. SOmetimes it helps to talk to others who have been through the same hell.

Much Love:SS
Bump couldn't have said it better myself
Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Red face Hello...

Hello, everyone. I hope I am replying to this topic correctly.

The following is the first time I will ever say this to anyone on the planet: I am addicted to opiates.

I have been using and hiding it for so long, that I can't even tell you when I started all this. I always destroyed any trace of evidence like bottles. All I know is that, these days, I can't remember a time I wasn't either high or trying.

The weird thing about this situation is, I haven't really had any negative consequences. I can't give details about how I score, but I was able to get large quantities of many different kinds of opiates... Pretty much unlimited, for free. When I reflect back on my years of use.... It was mostly so very happy. I read this whole thread, and back a couple pages this mother talks about how oxy made her so happy to do anything, and now she can't even imagine being happy. I relate to that SO much. Oxys are like a ticket to happiness for me... I can talk to anyone, try anything, do anything, and feel pure joy.

But, I am addicted... and I'm not even sure who the "real me" is anymore. It's not good. I am also motivated to quit because I'd like to get pregnant in the next year, and I plan to drop all my habits by 2011 (including alcohol and cigs).

This is the first real attempt I've made to quit. Prior to this, I was using between 200-300mg of oxycodone daily. I have read all the posts here and I am pretty afraid. I am still trying to hide this addiction and I am trying to detox without anyone knowing. Worst case scenario, I am really trying to get all my work done at work so that it's not a real burden on my place of business if I call in sick for the next two days.

I am also ashamed to say that I have hidden this whole thing from my best friend in the world, my incredible husband. I just kept telling myself, "this is the last bottle, so I don't need to tell him." I think that when I enter the throes of detox and am very sick, I will tell him what's up. I also find myself starting to write him an e-mail and erasing it... Really mature, I know.

So.... I used my last oxy about 40 hours ago. I am actually trying to taper a little bit with Norco. I never really liked hydros, so I'm not really worried about picking up a new habit - plus, they have APAP in them, so I am limited in my dosage because I don't want to kill my liver. I took 4 hydro's during the day yesterday (day one), and took another at 4AM because I had such bad RLS. Today, I took one hydro and 0.2 mg of clonidine when I started sweating. I also have some Lyrica that I plan on trying for the RLS this evening. I have some saved up Klonopin in case I start to freak out.

So, I have all the tools.... But is the spirit willing? I just love the way opiates make me feel.... and I just keep making excuses to myself... no one will know, just one more bottle of happy...

Anyhow, this is turning into a ramble. I just wanted to say hello and make a connection with you guys... I think this is a really significant first step for me. I am finally admitting that I have a problem. Now, let's see what else I can do. Man, I would be so proud to not need these ******* pills anymore. I'd like to imagine there will be a day where I don't take any pills, drink any alcohol, smoke any weed, or even drink coffee.... And I feel happy.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Soccer

As embarassing or uncomfortable as it may be, I reccomend sharing with your husband. He can help you through the days and weeks to come. You will need someone understanding as you go through this. You have made the first step, now I think, it is time to let someone else in. I will say a prayer for your recovery, prayers were my biggest help.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

need help with my problem

i need help very bad im on 700mg oxycodone a day ,, need help to stop , im 37 year old male ,can somebody help me please ,till what to do ..
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sam
Welcome to SR

Have you seen a Dr for advice?
That might be a good thing to do.

I'd also consider something like NA - support is pretty important.

You'll find a lot of support here too
Good to have you with us

D
Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Soccer

Support is the most important item anyone can have when trying to beat this problem (my opinion). I don't think anyone can go through the withdrawl alone, we all need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen to us.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Angry 3rd day of withdrawel from Oxycodone

This is my this is the third time in my life that I am withdrawing from pain medication. I can't believe I ever start taking the stuff again once I get off. I have been wanting to quit Oxycodone 10/650 four times daily for years. I have TOS and arthritis in my neck from when I was hit by a drunk driver at 21 years old. I am 34 now, married, and I want to be free of this addiction so we can start a family.
I was on duragesic 50mg patches for my pain at one point. That was terrible. Those patches caused me so much pain I wanted to die. Then I started to take percocet for my pain. What a slippery slop pain medication is. It started with 5/325 once a day, to twice a day, 3, 4 then 5 times a day before my dosage was increased to 10/650 once a day, twice, then 4 times. Everyday withdrawals after a few hours of taking a pill. I would wake up 2 or even 3 times a night to take another pill. I would cut the pills in half to try and make them last longer. I would take my prescribed 4 stay up until midnight so I could have another officially the next day. I couldn't remember a lot of stuff, very forgetful, names of people I know well would slip my mind. I felt like I was losing my mind. I was once a highly intelligent young woman recognized by the local newspaper as a one of the top 40 under 40 years old people with a bright future in the community. That was before the second car accident and the introduction to drugs.
I have been wanting to quit badly for years, but the withdrawels are so scary and the pill so alluring that I wasn't able to do it.
I read on here that people say that quitting cold turkey is the way to go. I tried quitting cold turkey, I made it 26 hours before my body just started convulsing and the pain became unbearable. I took one whole pill of oxycodone 10/650. The next day wasn't too bad, I felt like crap all day but that was to be expected.
24 hours later at 2 am at night I took 1/2 pill oxycodeone, melatonin, advil pm and was able to get to sleep. Now here I am, looking for support. I feel bad, my body aches, my stomach nausaues. I have been on my knees and crying all day. Please God give me the strength to never take pain pills again.
I can't change the choices I have made in the past, but the future can be anything I want it to be, if I can get off this DRUG!:rotfxko
Old 10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Coping with life without drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes id going to be the hardest thing you will ever do. Learn coping skills. Decide how you are going to deal with triggers that come up in your daily life that lead to popping a pill, drinking, or having a cigarette. It is a slippery slop down the same road. Good luck to you and I will keep you in my prayers. I am withdrawing right now too, and would also like to start a family with my husband.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sam1974 View Post
i need help very bad im on 700mg oxycodone a day ,, need help to stop , im 37 year old male ,can somebody help me please ,till what to do ..
I am in the same boat as you but only half the amount. I started a couple days ago with a drastic reduction because my attempts at cold turkey were so hard... hang in there and work on it. Get doctors advice and help if you can. And I am learning there is a lot of support here!

Originally Posted by TiredofPain View Post
This is my this is the third time in my life that I am withdrawing from pain medication. I can't believe I ever start taking the stuff again once I get off. I have been wanting to quit Oxycodone 10/650 four times daily for years. I have TOS and arthritis in my neck from when I was hit by a drunk driver at 21 years old. I am 34 now, married, and I want to be free of this addiction so we can start a family.
I was on duragesic 50mg patches for my pain at one point. That was terrible. Those patches caused me so much pain I wanted to die. Then I started to take percocet for my pain. What a slippery slop pain medication is. It started with 5/325 once a day, to twice a day, 3, 4 then 5 times a day before my dosage was increased to 10/650 once a day, twice, then 4 times. Everyday withdrawals after a few hours of taking a pill. I would wake up 2 or even 3 times a night to take another pill. I would cut the pills in half to try and make them last longer. I would take my prescribed 4 stay up until midnight so I could have another officially the next day. I couldn't remember a lot of stuff, very forgetful, names of people I know well would slip my mind. I felt like I was losing my mind. I was once a highly intelligent young woman recognized by the local newspaper as a one of the top 40 under 40 years old people with a bright future in the community. That was before the second car accident and the introduction to drugs.
I have been wanting to quit badly for years, but the withdrawels are so scary and the pill so alluring that I wasn't able to do it.
I read on here that people say that quitting cold turkey is the way to go. I tried quitting cold turkey, I made it 26 hours before my body just started convulsing and the pain became unbearable. I took one whole pill of oxycodone 10/650. The next day wasn't too bad, I felt like crap all day but that was to be expected.
24 hours later at 2 am at night I took 1/2 pill oxycodeone, melatonin, advil pm and was able to get to sleep. Now here I am, looking for support. I feel bad, my body aches, my stomach nausaues. I have been on my knees and crying all day. Please God give me the strength to never take pain pills again.
I can't change the choices I have made in the past, but the future can be anything I want it to be, if I can get off this DRUG!:rotfxko
I'mthe in the same boat but much higher dose. Tried cold turkey but was just to hard. Right now I am on my third day of a drastic reduction and I have to say is much easier than second or first. get doctors help if you can. But my own opinion is your dose is much lower than mine or poster above so it should be easier. Yes you are probably physically addicted but seems you have kept very low considering your injuries and the amount of time on them. I am not sure I can live with no pain meds after three back surgeries and now another herniated disk, but I am going to try. I have already got down to one third and this seems very doable. Good luck to both of you and God Bless!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Administrator

just a reminder to all to stay on the good side of our medical advice rule

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
talking about our experiences is fine - but diagnosing, or making suggestions or recommendations about treatment etc. for others is a no no.

D
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

hello everyone im new here and ive read most of this thread its def a lot of good info and helps to give others the idea that it is possible.. and for that i want to say thanks and you all are doing very good things for yourselves and others.... ive visited the past couple days and took in as much as i could but i would like to tell wut ive been going thru the past week to get clean and a little about my history and see if any one has any advise for me

ive been addicted to oxy 30's for about a year now tried a couple times to get off but only to start 1 or 2 days later again... ive had daily doses from maybe 2 or 3(90mgs) a day to i hate to say like 30(900mgs) a day i was doing 10 at once like 3 times a day i kno it was bad but im glad to see how i used to be and how i am now... i have a very big job oppurtunity coming up and will be tested in about 7 days ive been waiting 3 years for this job and while waiting i picked up the habit thinking nothing was going right for me now its time to end it

so sunday the 24th i took 1 and a half 8mg subs so 12mgs(oh and the week before i took the subs i was down to about 3 30's a day(90mgs)) monday the 25th i took 4mgs of suboxone made it 2 whole days to the 27th without anything and just trying to sleep all day a little bit of RTLS and shivers shakes nausua but nothing to serious and on the 27th my back was hurting so bad i took 2 perc 10s at the end of the night to go to sleep... and today the 28th was prob the worst day for me in terms of back pain and theres really nothing wrong with me but i know that a side of the wds are bone and muscles hurting made it through the day with just alieve and i actually felt great... but then when i went to my gfs house to see her my back pain started really bad again and i sliped and took 1 p10 which i think is barely anything and i hope it doesnt make it harder for me to stop i was really motivated and i could have taken 5 p10s or even a couple of 30s if i wanted but i only took 1 to help the pain

.....and i know wut u guys mean about the paws and emotions i cryed and sang along with the national anthem for the world series tonight and then called up my gf and told her im sorry for anytime i treated her bad or lied while i was on drugs she takes them also tho.. i really didnt want to type tomuch so u guys will act read this
Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

so my question is do u guys think that by taking the 1 p10 today and the 2 yesterday that i might be prolonging my withdrawl or do u think that it will help and make it more tolarable... im just really hoping the worst is behind me
Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ATR

You really need to ask those kinds of questions of a Dr.

If you scroll up a couple of posts ^ you'll see our medical advice rule - we can't ask for, or give, medical advice on these forums.

D
Old 10-29-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I wanted to thank everyone who posted here and offered help to those who are withdrawing from opiates. This forum has helped me as I am on day 7 of withdrawing from a daily 80-100mg oxycontin habit that started a little less than a year ago. I am a 44 father/husband who started taking the pills orally for fun and ended up snorting them for the last 3 months.

I knew I was in trouble when i began to get anxiety/shortness of breath around 5 at night before i would ingest the pill. Then the anxiety began to attack me earlier and earlier in the day to the point I was taking the pill at noon at work just so I could make it through the day. I decided to quit and limited myself to 60 mgs oxy and waited until 5 at night to take them. This went on for four days and on the fifth day I could barely move. Called in sick and took 30mgs that evening.

I make decision to fake the flu and go cold turkey from here, no mo poison. Days 1, 2, 3 felt like I was going to die. Anxiety and shortness of breath, chills, body aches, restless legs. no energy whatsoever, basically bedridden. Days 4, 5, 6, get a little better but not by much. Today, day 7, still have the chills and aches but I can function and have energy and can eat but still not to the point where I could function at work. I have got a weekend ahead of me so I hope I have healed enough to get to work on day 10.

This is what helped me: bananas, lots of water, multivitamin, calcuim magnesium zinc vitamin, cookies, tylenol pm and reefer. Prayer helped and reading these forums let me know that this will get better at some point. My advice is to take the time from work. I cannot believe I ever let myself get to this point. Good luck, it sucks but it can be done.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi ATR

You really need to ask those kinds of questions of a Dr.

If you scroll up a couple of posts ^ you'll see our medical advice rule - we can't ask for, or give, medical advice on these forums.

D
yea im sorry i know i didnt mean to sound like i was asking for medical advice i guess i kinda did in a way but is it ok if i ask if any one has had the same kind of experience and how it went for them... im definetly not taking any more pills from here on in and its just scary not knowing wuts in store for me
Old 10-29-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the point is trying to self manage your condition - few percs here, some subs there - is not really going so well is it ATR?

The responsible thing to do, and the best outcome for you, is to seek professional medical advice for both your pain and your addiction...not guessing what might be good for you on the basis of other people's experience here.

D
Old 10-29-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

and also just to let everyone know my experience last night after i posted and researched somemore... i think that by me taking the p10 last night was a bad move i tossed and turned all night till 8am and finally fell asleep around 9.. i had rls and my whole body ached it felt like rls of the arms and especially my wrists i got up around 5pm tried to sleep as long as possible... today i feel ok just alittle weird in my stomach i hope its done soon i got halloween partys to go to think of good things people!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think the point is trying to self manage your condition - few percs here, some subs there - is not really going so well is it ATR?

The responsible thing to do, and the best outcome for you, is to seek professional medical advice for both your pain and your addiction...not guessing what might be good for you on the basis of other people's experience here.

D
thanks D
i completley understand what you mean .. i guess im just looking for someone to say its gunna be ok youre gunna make it through this i was the same way and now i feel great i think we're all looking for that...but like i said you are right and i think i will just keep to posting about my experience getting clean in hopes that it will inspire me and hopefully others
Old 10-30-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

i feel absolutley great today i think its actually over with i dont want to jinx it but i have no aches or pains im not running to the toilet every 10 mins no chills at all.... actually i didnt sleep at all last night i tossed and turned for a little not because i didnt feel good but i had really bad heartburn not sure if thats a symptom but i think the worst is done and im actually happy to not be suffering...ill will post again if anything changes it just goes to show its possible to feel like u did before u tried to quit there just might be a good ending to this after all stick with it