Notices

All my savings gone and coughing up blood...

Old 06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
You've got to want it bad enough. It just doesn't happen overnight by thinking I want to change. You have to work at it. NA or AA whatever it takes.

As far as not enjoying life? It's your addiction holding you back. Honestly, what is there to enjoy about spewing up blood? How can you have fun when dealing with that. It's the nature of the beast. You need some help. At the rate you are going, you will die sooner than later if you continue to use. The clock is ticking. You are in major denial my friend. You need to clean out the cobwebs, then learn how to enjoy life. You've got things backwards. Using isn't living, it is dying. I don't think you want to die. You just need help. You're caught in the riptide of addiction. That is a tough one to get free from. It sounds like you are tired of swimming and are having a tough time staying afloat.

I hate NA and AA... I've finished the required meetings for my court order and i DO NOT want to go back.

Even when i was sober i didn't enjoy life...i didn't think "Hey, let's try coke for the hell of it"... i did it because i saw it as a softer option than going back to the brown and one that would allow me to live life more...normally. Ok blah blah blah... i know it wasn't wise... but i still feel better than i did when i was sober. Feeling pain is better than feeling nothing at all. If you don't feel anything then you're no longer a person.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Paused

I hate NA and AA
Speaking about AA only, so did I. I hated AA. I wasn't court ordered, but I went anyway. I hated being drunk enough to do something about it. I wanted to get sober. I kept going back until it started to make sense to make. Ask yourself this. Why do you hate NA/AA so bad? Is it because it takes work and honesty. Is it because the truth hurts?

Even when i was sober i didn't enjoy life
Most of us didn't. That is why we turned to drugs or alcohol. The programs help us to deal with our painful past and teaches us how to feel again. I thought I would never feel joy or contentment in my life. I was wrong, I learned how to feel and live again. I finally enjoy life. It's been a very long time since I've been able to say that and actually mean it. Don't give up on living a happy life. There is a solution. There are ways to deal with your pain other than what you are doing now. You can feel more than just pain. You need to heal before you can grow. It takes time to heal. You need to get some help Richey. Don't choose misery because it is easier. Work at bettering your life.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Richie... you sound like someone under the influence. I know because I used to sound just like you and now I sponsor people who begin sobriety sounding like you and then, some quickly and others not, magically transform into happy, solution orientated creative people with hardly a problem in the world.

Grow up, Get a life and stop all this whining.

Yours in sobriety,
Michele
Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by michski
Richie... you sound like someone under the influence. I know because I used to sound just like you and now I sponsor people who begin sobriety sounding like you and then, some quickly and others not, magically transform into happy, solution orientated creative people with hardly a problem in the world.

Grow up, Get a life and stop all this whining.

Yours in sobriety,
Michele

**** you! Seriously...get OFF my case!

Of course I'm under the bleedin' 'influcence!! It's not like it makes me ******** or something!

If you don't like me #whining' then **** off and a don't read my posts!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Speaking about AA only, so did I. I hated AA. I wasn't court ordered, but I went anyway. I hated being drunk enough to do something about it. I wanted to get sober. I kept going back until it started to make sense to make. Ask yourself this. Why do you hate NA/AA so bad? Is it because it takes work and honesty. Is it because the truth hurts?

Most of us didn't. That is why we turned to drugs or alcohol. The programs help us to deal with our painful past and teaches us how to feel again. I thought I would never feel joy or contentment in my life. I was wrong, I learned how to feel and live again. I finally enjoy life. It's been a very long time since I've been able to say that and actually mean it. Don't give up on living a happy life. There is a solution. There are ways to deal with your pain other than what you are doing now. You can feel more than just pain. You need to heal before you can grow. It takes time to heal. You need to get some help Richey. Don't choose misery because it is easier. Work at bettering your life.

It hate it because everyone's a hypocrite...load sof them are still drinking or using and ask for forgiveness and all this sympathy when they slip uo but treat you like you're scum when you do!
Also it's full of attention seekers who oh-my-gosh drank 3 times a week and now need dozen fo people hugging them daily... ******* hell!

I don't care about the truth hurting... everyone knows horrible things about themselves...it's like when you tell a fat person they're fat people look on you like you're a bastard but you can call an laocholic or any kind of addict whatwever you want and it's all supposed to be 'helpful' but it never is... i know worse stuff about myself than anyone ever knows so i dno't need every tiny mistake shoved in my faceconstantly!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Paused

I never been to any AA meeting like the one you just described. I don't agree with your view on AA. Sorry, I just don't. Not everyone is a hypocrite. I wasn't treated like scum when I slipped up, only with opened arms. I never had any mistake shoved in my face either. I think people get disappointed when they see others continue to fail because they don't try. I just view things a bit differently than you do on that matter. After all, I am sober and you are under the influence. We are at two opposite ends of the spectrum. Things get pretty misconstrued when stretched that far. Take care Richey. I hope you keep coming back. I'd like to see you find peace.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Recovering from 10 yrs of Weed

OMG..can you say ....DENIAL

We all saw ourselves in you. And remember that period in our lives..when we thought..the drugs were not hurting us..but making us better. Hell...last month I was thinking that.

I went without my drug of choice for days and was fine. But after a few days..I was making sure I got some..cause I sure as hell wasn't going to quit. It was my anti-depressant. I needed it. While I was off my drug on those days...I didn't find sex that enjoyable...It took almost a month of being off my DOC to actually start really enjoying it again.

Well you have fooled the doctor..how clever you are. If you ever decide to quit ..just remember..you will be using that same cunning behavior to get yourself back on those drugs.

This is a dangerous path you are deciding to take. You might be right..you are not that sick yet..but wait...months..or maybe years down the line..that blood that you think is comming from your throat..is actually comming from your lungs now...but you are in denial..so you will think it is your throat again.

Being smart...can be the death of you. Use your intelligence..to get yourself outta this mess..before it becomes too big for you. Before you ruin your life and hurt the ones who love you.

I know you will have a clever answer for this post...but don't bother. I already know what you will say. Maybe when you are at a low point you will remember all our posts. We wanted to help you. Maybe you wanted to help yourself by comming here.

Ok..I'm out.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Richey.... I really did not mean to insult you by saying I thought you were just coming here to poke fun. I also said I don't think that anymore, but I did, because the things you said just seemed like some of those I have heard that just plain want to defend the use of drugs and poke fun of those of us who are really trying to get our life together.. Finally... I have been where you are, when I was younger. But the years catch up, and the drugs caught up, and they left me laying behind in the gutter, friendless, and very sick, while the people i partied with, the people I called my friends stepped over me, moved on, got a life, and there I was... Who the HE-- wanted to be my friend?? I sure didn't... I hated me, why would I have expected anyone else to like me?? Let alone love me.
Like I said,we HAVE all been where you are.... The difference is, we choose to live and attempt to make life BETTER. Drugs DO NOT make life better, they weigh you down, make you sick, take everything, and everyone you have, leave you to die alone, and yet the drugs DO all of this crap to us, and WE STILL go back for MORE.
You really hit me in a sad spot, most I can say whatever to, if,, no matter what is said they continue to defend the drugs and use the drugs, no matter how sick they get they just DON'T get it. I did that too, but they are making you sick, yes COKE is making you sick, you may not understand now,, but I pray it doesn't kill you, or even come close before you realize how bad COKE is too. My problem is opiates. I had this love hate relationship with them, and I suppose I still do.... I also used many other drugs, oh but give me the opiates, because to ME, they hurt me the most in the end, and I felt I DESERVERD to be hurt, But I don't want that anymore.
But back to why I am so drawn to you,,,, I have a son your age, and I have had ALMOST this exact same word exchange with him. he said the same things you are saying, only it is about pot, MOSTLY. You know, POT DOESN'T HURT YOU. Well, that is not how I feel, but that is his defense to me. I know it is more than pot.... I have nightmares about it. That is what has drawn me to you, that is why I feel so compelled to keep posting to you, even though I don't know that you are ready just yet to say you've had enough. But maybe, just maybe we can say one thing that someday MAY help you. When you are ready to have help.
There is no one here that is 'picking' on you, or trying to be on your back. Everyone REALLY understands what you are saying, because we have ALL been where you are. Just hard to see someone waste their life on drugs. You seem so intelligent. You could get your life in order and straightened out now, and live a very long, happy life. I want that for everyone that has been to hell with drugs. Sounds to me like YOU have done ENOUGH "time". Stop now... While you say it has no effect on you other that being tired and apathetic, hey there are worse things. You will find out just how far COKE can also take you down, if you stay on the road your on....
Stick around here Richey, we will care about you, if you allow us to. One day maybe you will care enough to give it up. If you hate NA, well there are an awful lot of other recovery programs out there that are not 12 step, and do not involve god, if that is just not something you can do... Maybe someday you will change your mind though. You don't need to be effected by the others at NA, if they seem to be hypocrits. You can go to the meetings and as they say, take what you need and leave the rest. Do you honestly believe they are ALL hypocrits? Or some?? We all have our own issues. There is a guy with the username Tyler, here at SR. He can maybe give you some names of other recovery groups, and how to get in touch with them. Maybe you can PM him? I know maybe you aren't interested, I am just trying to give you other options though, incase you might be interested.
Good luck Richey, please stick around here, like I said, we care, because we have all been where you are. That is the purpose of this board, to try to help eachother. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Maybe try some help??
Love,,,,,,,,, Becky
Old 06-03-2005, 11:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
The Steps Work

You are full of crap - lying to yourself and to us. Your replies are not filled with denial nor are they a call for help. You are getting the attention that you wanted. I'm surprised so many fell for it. Fool us once. Get out!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Paused

Pssst...doubtingthomas. Richey has been coming around here for awhile now. Some of us are familiar with his situation. I for one want him to keep coming back. He needs help. Yes, he is seeking attention. Yes, he is also crying out for help. I hope we can help him in any way possible. Keep coming back Richey. Life doesn't have to be that way. There is a solution and it isn't drinking and using.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Recovering from 10 yrs of Weed

I just noticed that Richey is around 19 years old. Kinda makes sense now. I remember thinking how invincible I was at 19..and not really caring about my health.

I just keep thinking that he will someday ..remember our words and it will not be too late. Let's just hope.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Yes Richey, please do come back. One day, I truly believe you will be helping people here with your experience. i know you will also understand one day the frustrations of others here, that just want to see people get better. You may be that one frustrated someday And.... you may know better how to handle someone who frustrates you. Ok, So please, just come back... Don't get all angry, all have different views. If we could all put ourselves into others shoes, it'd be a better world. Guess that's a little difficult anyway, when all we can do here is read from our monitors. There is ALWAYS so much more to the story than the little some put in message boards. Smile, Love, Becky
Old 06-03-2005, 11:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Richey,
I read your whole thread and all your replies to the members here who responded...and I remember feeling the same way {as many here have}...that I didn't have a problem with the drug I was abusing, that I needed it to be happy and that it wasn't really hurting my body. That is called DENIAL and it is the drug talking to you! When you go without it for a period of time {varies for everyone}, you will see the problem!

JMO, but I would see an Addictionologist about helping you wean off the coke and get into some sort of therapy...It very well could change your life and you might discover that happiness can be found in all the simple things we take for granted...or forget because of the drugs.
You have nothing to loose by at least trying this and everything if you continue putting that crap in your system.
I wish you strength and foresight!
Jane
Old 06-03-2005, 11:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
The Steps Work

My sponsorship line is built of tough men. Whine twice and we listen - the third time you'd better offer a solution or follow instructions. For every one I waste my time on, there are a hundred waiting to do the work. When I spend time on that one, I am standing in Gods way and I am unable to see the next right thing. I know that women can be more gentle and nurtering - that is good at the right time. I say drink (or use) and die so that we are reminded.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

I gotta agree with 2daysmuse here Richey...major denial going on. You would enjoy life...you would have fun...you would care...if you weren't using drugs. You are killing yourself everytime you take another line...f@'n scary??? f@'n rights it is!!!! I started my coke addiction with lines..soon, i wasn't getting what i wanted from it....we build up a tolerance see...so i went to crack...didn't take long before that wasn't giving me what it was to begin with...i ALWAYS said..i'll never stick a needle in my arm...you know what?...not long before my bottom i was really starting to consider it...thats the nature of this beast. Powerful, cunning, baffling...and patient..You say you made some good money in between H and the coke...so you know what it's like to be productive.
you're fooling yourself thinking that one can't get addicted to coke. It almost killed me...it took away everything and everyone i loved and cared about. you say you don't care? I can understand why you don't!! Your brain is all doped up. Can't see throught the fog Richey. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, there is another way to live...but you gatta want it...honestly. If not...jail, institution and death. Death is the ultimate bottom Richey..and one never knows just how close to that bottom they are if they are using. What did i lose most of all? My self respect...once i lost that i didn't give 2 flyin' f...s about anything but dope...My 2 beatiful girls left me and went to live with their dad...i lost my job, my car, my home...i lived on the streets for almost 4 years. Your spirit cares Richey or you wouldn't be here. Your ego has taken over. The battle between ego and spirit. But you know what? Spirit is strong and ego is weak. Which one wins? The one you feed!
Even if you have no close friends...I didn't either..except active druggies....even if your family doesn't want contact right now....mine didn't either..they gave up on me, literally...under neath it all you are worth this fight. YOu deserve to live, clean and sober.
I would honestly stop comparing the level of each drugs addiction. It just doesn't matter, a drug is a drug..is a drug..

Reading your words Richey i can hear your spirit screaming out for help. Get help! Please..you cannot do this alone...i couldn't ...i can't.
You are in my thoughts and prayers Richey....hugs to you, Wendy
Old 06-04-2005, 12:09 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Paused

Please don't waste your time on anyone. I don't find your approach useful here. Richey is not a member of a 12 step program or are you his sponsor. Lighten up? What do you say? I understand what you're trying to do, but the tough guy thing...not always the best approach for everyone.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
The Steps Work

There is no best approach for everyone. My opinion is just that. My experience is just that. I see two threads devoted to this guy and the game just goes on. This is an honor system and I don't believe him. Richey - if you are cut up so badly how goes the typing?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Pssst...doubtingthomas. Richey has been coming around here for awhile now. Some of us are familiar with his situation. I for one want him to keep coming back. He needs help. Yes, he is seeking attention. Yes, he is also crying out for help. I hope we can help him in any way possible. Keep coming back Richey. Life doesn't have to be that way. There is a solution and it isn't drinking and using.
I second this -

And you're still in my prayers, richey -

Crack pulled me down further and faster then any other drug i abused -

Please keep reaching out -

and go to a Dr about the lung bleeding -

that is a result of crack... sometimes its made with rat poison, here in detroit... The strychnine scars the lungs, and blocks coagulation - to getcha higher - Youre smoking poison, richey - no SH!T -
Old 06-04-2005, 12:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Aa Vark...i believe Richey is doing lines and stated that he is trying to steer clear of crack. I actually meant to add that in to my post above...they are really the same thing,...crack is coke that has the crap you mention taken out of it. At the same time?..meth is slowly being added to coke...at least in my area anyways. The thing is none of it is doing us any good...period.

Just a question to doubtingthomas...what is it that you are trying to accomplish by your approach?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:18 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey, I have to say, although I used for far longer, the 3 or more YEARS I STRUGGLED between USING and SEEKING HELP, I often while in the depths of despair and using, also sounded much like Richey does, although inside I was BEGGING FOR SOMEONE to help me, on the level, I was defending the drug use. I came here to Sr and people HERE were very nice to me, they DID NOT try to turn me away. I lost ALL of my friends,and alot of my family had given up on me, but there was always SR and this one very special man I met in treatment a few years before, that stayed sober, through AA, as well as other resources he used, that heard something in me, he says, that said this is an intelligent person, that is just having trouble "getting it". He did not give up on me. He did not push real hard, but was there emailing me and calling every now and then, just saying hey, how ya doing?? Are you ready yet?? I CARE.... It was in the end his words even when he did not realize it, because I was pushing him away, making excuses, that got me int he end to my hopefully last treatment, detox. I am now in this for the long haul, yes I do NA, not as regularly as some, but it has helped me. Today, I am clean, and I plan on staying that way. I am working very hard to stay that way. BUT, if there was no one left with any words of encouragement, in the end, I WOULD probably still be out there. See, I didn't feel I was worth the effort... We addicts DO NOT have the greatest self esteem, and often are seeking attention, even if it is in negative ways, it is still attention, and any attention we get can say, to us, hey I do mean something.... I AM worth it.
So you see, Doubtingthomas,the same approach does not work for everyone, and the tough approach could hurt some. We are not here to PUSH people away with our negative words, or approaches for that matter. I do know that if you'd have talked to me like that, I would have filled my mouth full of pills, and said, screw you, no one cares. I am not worth it. Richey is young. I WISH at 20 or 21 I would have begun the process of attempting to get help. HE IS seeking help, no matter what you think he sounds like, he is, or he would not be here. I wondered AT FIRST his intentions also. But I don't anymore.
So please consider how you approach people. He may not be the only person you turn away. I know you would have turned me away. We want him, to get help.
Love, becky