Notices

Dihydrocodiene 30mg

Old 08-17-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dihydrocodiene 30mg

Hi,im new ive been scouring this site for any posts about dihydrocodiene and withdrawal.but I cant seem to find any,unless I'm lookin in the wrong .ive had enough of running out of my weely prescription days before its renewed and h
aving to go buy bottled codeine linctus (and lots of it) to even touch me now with the amount of tablets I take at once and topping them up all the time..I'm roughly takin 11/12 30mg dihydrocodiene and a 200ml bottle of codiene linctus A DAY! Its just not touch in me anymore..I'm scared I wont wake up one day..I'm also really scared of the withdrawals too from the things ive read on here.its the state of mind part that worries me the most coz I'm all ready sufferin with long term depression and do take meds for but they make no difference really so still deppressrd..if I'm depressed now how the hell will I feel if I withdraw from the codiene?? If it affects your state of mind so much after comin off it? I really dont want to go to my Dr either
Id rather stay home and do it myself..anyone gone through this please? How did you do it? Did you do it? Id love to hear please..and thankyo so much for takin the time to read x ps forgot to say ive been on dihydrocodiene for around 13 years now .

Last edited by Empathic1; 08-17-2017 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 08-17-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Empathic

I have no expoerioence to share except tho say that support really helps =- if you're not going to a Dr at least log in here every day and read a little post a little...you're probably not in for the a great couple of weeks, but you're not alone

D
Old 08-17-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aww thankyou,means a lot
Old 08-25-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im still here and still trying,i come on here everyday,sometimes just to read quietly in the background.or sometimes replying to others battling their own demons bless them and hoping they get comfort and encouragement from knowing they are not alone.I feel for them so bad I am trying so hard to be free of the dihydrocodiene! I went cold turkey and failed miserably after 2 days.the withdrawals were unbearable and I had things that needed done and places I had to be and without my tablets I cant even get out of bed in the morning or function thats how dependant I am on them anyway I had to take an unreal amount to make the withdrawal stop and even more to feel anywhere near enough normal to actually get up and deal with life.I felt disgusted in myself but somehow still wanted to fight this addiction.so instead of giving up im trying a different way.I spent days online looking for anything and everything that helps with mood and motivation (because thats what dihydrocodiene does for me...well USED too) I came across something called l-theanin and read lots of great things about it from people that take it so orderd it.it came the next day and I took 1 straight away and another before bed.I woke up the next day feeling different "in a good way" it was my day to collect my script from the chemist and all I had was about a 3rd of a 200ml bottle of codiene linctus that id had to buy the day before because of running out of tablets early like I always do.anyway I took a l-theanin with my coffee (works even better with coffee,so it says) and strangely had no rush in me to get to the chemist for my tablets "very VERY odd for me!" usually I cant get there fast enough for them and if im having a really bad morning I have sometimes came out the chemist and put 7 straight in my mouth without a drink just to get them in my system as quick as I can! Only someone who takes them will understand how disgusting they taste,but when youre desperate,you're desperate eh.then once home id probably take another 4 so the other day I eventually picked them up,came home and took 6 only and went through the day with no urge to take more,and didnt..bobbed along through the day nicely.tidying the house and did lots of laundry lol (feeling happy and proud of myself) how the hell I did so much off 6 tablets and abit of codiene linctus is beyond me.day 2 woke up and took the same amount again and managed even more even going into town! Today (day 3) I have no codiene linctus left so im taking 6 tablets only and seeing how the day goes..I have to tackle the super market today which I hate but feeling ok and still proud..one day at a time I keep telling myself.if I can get through today with only 6 then hopefully I can take 5 tomorrow and keep dropping daily untill I take none.is it the l-theanin helping me or purely mind over matter? God knows,all I know is im coping and hoping that this is it and I will beat this addiction..sorry for rambling,just wanted to share my bit of hope
Old 08-25-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Empathic1 View Post
Im still here and still trying,i come on here everyday,sometimes just to read quietly in the background.or sometimes replying to others battling their own demons bless them and hoping they get comfort and encouragement from knowing they are not alone.I feel for them so bad I am trying so hard to be free of the dihydrocodiene! I went cold turkey and failed miserably after 2 days.the withdrawals were unbearable and I had things that needed done and places I had to be and without my tablets I cant even get out of bed in the morning or function thats how dependant I am on them anyway I had to take an unreal amount to make the withdrawal stop and even more to feel anywhere near enough normal to actually get up and deal with life.I felt disgusted in myself but somehow still wanted to fight this addiction.so instead of giving up im trying a different way.I spent days online looking for anything and everything that helps with mood and motivation (because thats what dihydrocodiene does for me...well USED too) I came across something called l-theanin and read lots of great things about it from people that take it so orderd it.it came the next day and I took 1 straight away and another before bed.I woke up the next day feeling different "in a good way" it was my day to collect my script from the chemist and all I had was about a 3rd of a 200ml bottle of codiene linctus that id had to buy the day before because of running out of tablets early like I always do.anyway I took a l-theanin with my coffee (works even better with coffee,so it says) and strangely had no rush in me to get to the chemist for my tablets "very VERY odd for me!" usually I cant get there fast enough for them and if im having a really bad morning I have sometimes came out the chemist and put 7 straight in my mouth without a drink just to get them in my system as quick as I can! Only someone who takes them will understand how disgusting they taste,but when youre desperate,you're desperate eh.then once home id probably take another 4 so the other day I eventually picked them up,came home and took 6 only and went through the day with no urge to take more,and didnt..bobbed along through the day nicely.tidying the house and did lots of laundry lol (feeling happy and proud of myself) how the hell I did so much off 6 tablets and abit of codiene linctus is beyond me.day 2 woke up and took the same amount again and managed even more even going into town! Today (day 3) I have no codiene linctus left so im taking 6 tablets only and seeing how the day goes..I have to tackle the super market today which I hate but feeling ok and still proud..one day at a time I keep telling myself.if I can get through today with only 6 then hopefully I can take 5 tomorrow and keep dropping daily untill I take none.is it the l-theanin helping me or purely mind over matter? God knows,all I know is im coping and hoping that this is it and I will beat this addiction..sorry for rambling,just wanted to share my bit of hope

Hi keep coming here and write how you feel. Im almost 8 days in from opiate abuse and heroin abuse. It gets better but what you need to do is tough it out for the first few days and it gets easier.... first 3 days were the hardest for me, but if u want it bad enough which i can see u do then i dont see why you couldnt do it .. your not in this alone and we are here for you, but only you can make the decision of just stopping and never renegotiate that choice and it gets better. im assuming its just like an opiate withdrawal, it wont kill you even tho it may seem it will, and it truly gets better as long as you dont use at all. Telling yourself that you wont feel like this forever truly helped me look for the light at the end of the tunnel, and if i am able to tolerate the withdrawals there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to either. Im not any better than you, believe in yourself shoot if u have to take it one hour at a time and just dont use, and next thing you know you have some clean time and just dont want to give it all up. Listen these withdrawals wont last forever, and you never have to go through these withdrawals anymore. i believe in you and i know you can do it.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Aww bless your heart for replyin with support thankyou! Yes they are in the opiate family and its hell,but I got through another day which is a blessing.I like going to bed feeling happy and content with myself knowing that tomorrows another New day and another step closer to being free.its a good feeling 8 days wow! That is amazing..you should be so so proud of yourself,massive well done from me! Truly inspiring
Old 08-28-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im so close to being free.ive stuck to my plan of reducing and not once craved or been tempted to take more thank god! My body is letting me know its missing something now but I dont care..im riding this out to the end I swear!! I will NEVER touch these pills again once im free.I would rather be in agony with my leg (3 steel plates and 17 screws) and crawl on my hands and knees honestly.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good job, Empathic1!! Keep going. All the hard work you are putting in is going to pay off huge in the long run. Keep us posted.....
Old 08-28-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Empathic

D
Old 08-30-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thankyou guys,dont know how id get through this without the support of this forum.I really appreciate it 💖
Old 09-01-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you doing Empathic1?

Remember, we are here to support you.