Notices

Nearly a Year and a Half off alcohol

Old 05-19-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nearly a Year and a Half off alcohol

But about 6 months into a increasingly more dangerous and expensive, isolating drug addiction. And not just one drug. Cocaine. Dihydrocodeine. Diazepam. Amphetamine. I have probably lost about 3 stone. Cant remember my last meal, that I made. Im using late at night, not even enjoying it, get tense and scared, but keep at it till thats done then od on anything that aids sleep and repeat next day. Eventually told doctors. No real help offered. I badly badly want rehab. Dunno why there isnt an emergency nhs admissions. Because if this gets any worse, the debt, the constant lying and not being who I am. I could return to booze. And that will kill me. I just need rehab. I think all this got worse when I let a friend move in for a bit. My using, id say, 70% increased then. Hes still here. In my spare room. Seems the only thing me and most of my friends really have is our habits...
Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know it's hard to be around other people when they are using Eunectes, but YOU don't have to use.

Do you have your friend staying because it helps with rent, expenses, etc? I know, I'm living off the smell of an oil rag myself. . But I'd rather live on beans and rice than share my flat with someone who was using/drinking.

I notice that you come from Scotland. Do you not have free rehabs in Scotland under NHS as here in Australia? Or is it a matter of waiting til a bed is available?

Maybe it would be a good idea to go to an NA meeting (even if you don't like 12 Step Recovery) because people in those rooms have a lot of inside knowledge on how to go about getting yourself help. They will offer you support, no risk.

You introduce as being nearly 18 months off the grog Eunectes and take my hat off to you.

This in itself shows that you CAN do it. You've just got to take that next step into ditching the rest and getting support through here to start Eunectes. Keep posting.

If your consumption has increased by 70% since your friend moved in I'd be asking him to move, and give the reasons why. That is, you want to get well. And that ain't no lie. Good start.