Notices

I messed up with new job

Old 05-12-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I messed up with new job

I have been clean off the hard drugs for some time. I recently was given a great job opportunity and the first two weeks things were going great.

Then I got a pay check and I told my self I would celebrate the weekend on landing my new job. I bought some meth.well it kept me up all weekend. When Monday morning came I had nkot had any sleep in almost 54 hrs. I went to work cause I didn't want to miss a day . of course when ingot there I was not able to hide it and everyone knee I was high on something. I wasent fired but nke I'm embarrassed and ashamed too go back and shoe my face.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated . should I just not go back or should I face the music c and go back and let it be a lesson learned?

I now know that complete abstinence is the only way to avoid repeating these mistakes.

What should I do?
Old 05-12-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

If it really is a great job opportunity, why not go back instead of throwing it away?

For me, complete abstinence was the only way to go if I wanted any sort of a decent life, but I needed some sort of a structured plan to ensure that. Just not drinking/using never lasted.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would definitely go back. It's hard enough to get a job these days without throwing one away.

You may have to some consequences if you haven't been there since Monday tho.

If you still have the job, go on and live your life the way you know you want to - clean and sober - people will soon forget the one day.

D
Old 05-12-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its a job that offers a steping stone to something better.

I just tsalked to my boss and she said not to worry about the days I've missed and to come in Monday

I'm just going to suck it up and use hit as a lesson learned and go back . I'm tired of letting the drugs beat me and cause me to give in and lose .

I'm going in on Monday and outworking everyone and showing that i deserve to be there
Old 05-12-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you - I'm really pleased you have a second chance Ultron

D
Old 05-12-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Addiction is a memory problem forgetting what the drug really does leading to the thought "it will be different this time".

"It will be different this time" ask yourself next time why is that ??

Why was it not different last time ?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ultron1987 View Post
Its a job that offers a steping stone to something better.

I just tsalked to my boss and she said not to worry about the days I've missed and to come in Monday

I'm just going to suck it up and use hit as a lesson learned and go back . I'm tired of letting the drugs beat me and cause me to give in and lose .

I'm going in on Monday and outworking everyone and showing that i deserve to be there
doesn't sound like a bad boss to have
Old 05-16-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The Universe handed you another lifeline...this time, recognize it and respect it?