Notices

Remember Me ?

Old 11-25-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Remember Me ?

I used to be a regular poster , when I had my first run on opiates that ended in 2008 . Had 41/2 years clean and started taking Oxys for bone on bone hip. Had a hip replacement stayed on Oxys and started snorting Heroin as well . I was doing amounts of both that were off the charts . Finally got myself off to a Detox in California , they tapered me for a week Gave me some comfort meds . It sucked of course , but I did it I will be 60 in Feb. it's been about 30 days I just don't feel I'm bouncing back , I even did IVs of NAD ( touted as miracle addiction cure ) for 5 days out there . Mentally I feel pretty sharp physically it's like 60 is the new 80 . Thankful I have zero cravings seeing a therapist that specializes in addiction . I have osteoarthritis. So pretty stiff and sore . But just so blah and empty ! Before I smoked a little weed and drank socially after I had kicked the opiates for a while . This time I'm all in Can pee clean for first time since like age 15. Just tired of feeling like crap . I'm a person who is used to getting things done . I changed a light bulb put some clothes away and had to lay back down . WTF !
Old 11-25-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Glad you are here!!
Old 11-25-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're back vicodaniel. All in is the only way it works for me too

D
Old 12-23-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

vicodaniel how are you doing?
Old 12-24-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, how are you?? I hope you are feeling better.
We are here for you.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Vico-I don't remember you, but am pleased to make your aquaintance if you are still around. I hope all is well with you and you have a good Christmas. Take care...
Old 07-17-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

after almost 9 months opiate free I 've had a couple days where I took a couple vicodin. Obviously helped immensely with my pain . Got stuff done , had no problem stopping the next day , but seemed even more blah , than I had been recently . Too bad some of us cant use them normally for pain . Dont feel like Im going to get addicted , but reminded me how goodI felt at first . I guess you just learn that you just cant mess with them ! Does anybody have a similar experience of using a little and going backwards in how well they feel. I still dont think Im 100% after 9 months ?
Old 07-17-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dont feel like Im going to get addicted
Not to be that guy but I've seen you post that before Dan.
I reckon I said it myself a few times too with my drugs of choice.

I think long term use of drugs can change the way our brain is wired.

It makes sense to me that even a little bit of our drug of choice can make us unsteady on our feet again.

I reckon you'll feel better the more time you put between yourself and that little relapse.

D
Old 07-23-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Any chance you can have someone hold them for you and give when needed? Just a though...I know you don't want to fall back in that black hole