Notices

Cry for help?

Old 06-15-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cry for help?

Hi I was wondering if any former addicts might be able to give me any insight on if my ex is looking for help. He told me he just got out of detox (heroin) and came over all messed up and blatantly drinking in the middle of the day. He hasn’t come around in months. When he left I found multiple unused cigarette filters on the ground. I told him I would help him if he wanted it and he seemed to listen but five minutes later he told me he was ‘doing good’ and ‘getting back on track’. I know he has to help himself and all that but I’m just wondering if he is possibly thinking he MIGHT be ready or if I should just leave him be. Just didn’t know if it’s a cry for help or not. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2020, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome nicb

If your ex hasn't been around for months and then showed up all messed up I wouldn't put too much store in what he said.
If he really wants to get back on track he'll do it himself.

It doesn't sound like he's thinking about quitting any time soon to me tho.
If it was me, I would leave him be.

D

Old 06-16-2020, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you offered to help, then it's about all you can do. If he made an attempt to detox then it shows some effort to change.
is this an ex hus and, ex boyfriend? Are you sure you want to continue to be in his life?