Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Old 01-21-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Is the picture chickens?

Been smiling as I read, good stuff.
Congratulations on year one.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Enjoy your posts tod!
Old 01-22-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi AnonWife! Welcome!

Yes those are chickens! LOL I'm their Momma and they are Daddy's spoiled little girls! The white one (Maria) will be 7 yrso in March! The strawberry blonde (Sherry) is only about 5 months old!

TOD
Old 01-22-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thank you teatree!

There's been a lot going on and I haven't gotten here as often as I want to! We got hit by a thunder bomb last night and I lost my Internet and TV! The outside flood light also went off! And right now it's snowing on top of an inch of ice we got earlier! And ppl didn't think it snowed in my state? LOL

I got myself so tickled earlier this evening while working on the big girls pit area I had tears running down my cheeks. Me and Jethro had to clear the top of the pit area to fix an area that had fallen down. The two big girls ran underneath the boards to hide on the inside! I told Jethro I can just see Lilly saying: "The sky is falling! I promise never to pick on Lenora again if you'll make it stop!" Then I said: "Lenora is probably sitting on her tail feathers with her feet together praying - Dear Lord! I'm a good girl! Please make the sky stop falling down on top of us!" I ended up in one of those moments where a person get's the giggles and can't stop! ARGH!

Then the one long board going all the way across the top was bowed and pointing to the sky! I kept telling Jethro it wouldn't flatten out! He started stacking stuff on the end to get it to lay down! Well then the other end popped up! OMG! I started laughing at everything that was going wrong and then I pictured the two girls under the boards again. I started getting tickled all over again!

And here I was getting colder and colder while trying to get the roof put back together on the pit area!

This is what it looks like outside right now!

TOD
Old 01-22-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Here's the link: NOVA - Official Website | Life's Rocky Start

Maybe you can watch it on the Internet or thru the On Demand program? It's well worth watching!

TOD
Just catching up. Thanks for the link. They have the best programs!

That's a pretty picture outside your window. I know how scary those ice and snowstorms can get. Sometimes we get stuck up on our hill for a couple of weeks if the temps don't rise. But it sure can be pretty. Sounds like you had a good long laugh which is a great thing in my book.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lyoness: All those limbs covered in snow are my beautiful summer red rose vines! All of them are cleared of the snow now. Almost all the snow in that picture is gone now! Our snow doesn't stick around long here in Arkansas! I like it this way! After living in WI for seven years, shoveling lots of snow? I'll take this here any day!

My daughter is out there in the path like TB is for this blizzard happening! I already know they are hunkered down and are prepared for it! So I'm not worried!

I'm not a big science person or get involved with all the sky stuff! I just liked that show I watched about how the Earth started! It was quite interesting!

TOD
Old 01-23-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

It's 26 degrees here this early morning! Thank goodness for heat, gas and heat bulbs for the kids! Next Friday it's supposed to be 61 degrees!

I saw Maria and Sherry on the back of the couch earlier. I started laughing at Maria! She was giving Sherry the signs of: "I'm totally ignoring you! Go AWAY! Can't you see I'm ignoring you?" Sherry's like: "SO! I've got you cornered at the edge of the couch! You aren't going anywhere so you have to put up with me!" I put Maria on the floor to eat and took Sherry to the porch with me! She loves coming out here anyway!

Jennifer, (the size of a small turkey) was sneezing her head off just a few minutes ago. So I cornered her in her carrier and fought her to get meds in her mouth! Lordy I'll be happy when I can put her back out with her two sisters! Momma's still bigger than she is though and I'll sit on her if I have to in order for her to take her medicine!

My arm and shoulder isn't hurting either from the event the other morning! I took enough BP meds to get my heart back down to a regular heartbeat! I had tried halving them so I could take 1/2 when I got up and the other 1/2 when I went to bed to help reduce the fluid buildup from them. It was working well for over a month. But then I guess it caught up to me! ARGH! So I'm back to taking a whole one again! Ugh! I'll be so happy when I don't have to take them anymore!

I'm so ready for the pole barn to get built so Jethro will start hanging out in there! I can then be up during the daytime to get stuff done. I've already told him I have a bed for the barn, a TV and he can take his laptop out there too. We've already bought the pellet stove so he'll have heat too! I'll have to get one of the window A/C units in there when it gets hot! We have four of them! He can take his pick! He'll also have a bathroom in there! He can move Maria and Sherry's couch out there so they can spend their time with their daddy too! He can fence off an area outside where they can go eat grass, scratch and dust in too! WE ALL will be happy!

I've come to the decision the older I get the less I want to put up with! He loves sitting in the living room at his laptop leaning up against the couch while sitting on the floor, watching TV! I can't get anything done because of it! He also loves piling stuff up where he sits! Which is pretty much in the middle of the living room! Ugh! I'm moving a bunch of stuff out of this porch room and the living room to the barn when it gets built! I'm just biding my time right now! And if it doesn't go to the barn? It's going to the dump and to charity! I've put up with it many a year waiting on a barn to be built!

When he makes us rich from working on small engines for others? I'm moving to another piece of property somewhere! Me and Molly! I'm getting away from the rat race around here! I'll figure out a way to have everything delivered to me so I don't have to shop too often! (I'll have to be sure his daughter doesn't try to move in on him too! She worries me! But I don't let it control my existence either! She's like a pesky fly!) Well! I can dream about it all anyway! I'd love to find 20 acres where I could build right in the middle of it! My parent's did that years ago! Then they sold it and moved back to the town where I was raised! They were too far from Dad's doctors and the hospital.

You know when you're having a hard time going to sleep? I have this problem quite a bit! So I've gotten to where I'll go riding on my beautiful horse in the picture I posted, in my mind! I start thinking about riding her and the places I rode! It doesn't take me long to fall asleep after relaxing and thinking about the nice times I had riding! Just something I'm sharing in case it will help others!

Well I better get some things done! It's almost 5:00 AM! I've been typing this post and listening to the oldie country music on TV! Molly's on the floor in here with me! She's primping getting herself ready for bedtime! Life is wonderful off those damned pain pills! I no longer have to worry about how many I have left to take or worry about them falling out of pockets! There's nothing like getting up and finding a pill laying beside the coffee pot from Jethro finding it earlier where I would have dropped one! ARGH! My heart would almost pound out of my chest! I would be like: "Crap! I hope he doesn't ask me questions about it!" Thank God those days are WAY behind me!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 01-23-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome pic x
Old 01-23-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thx for the update TOD. Chickens are cool. I used to be a the chicken lady and my first chicken was named Elsie. She was white. Then we got a bunch of Rhode Island Reds for laying. We also raised a bunch of fryers for butchering (yuck). Then we also had a bunch of Banty chickens that roamed free all over the place. They were my favorites. Thx for calling up old memories. Maybe I'll think about my chicken days if I have insomnia tonight! Loved to watch the Banty Mamas.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Night owl

Lyoness: All those limbs covered in snow are my beautiful summer red rose vines! All of them are cleared of the snow now. Almost all the snow in that picture is gone now! Our snow doesn't stick around long here in Arkansas! I like it this way! After living in WI for seven years, shoveling lots of snow? I'll take this here any day!

My daughter is out there in the path like TB is for this blizzard happening! I already know they are hunkered down and are prepared for it! So I'm not worried!

I'm not a big science person or get involved with all the sky stuff! I just liked that show I watched about how the Earth started! It was quite interesting!

TOD
I hope your roses and other plants survived the ice okay. I'm with you in liking the snow to melt! It can be so beautiful but I don't like getting trapped by it when it freezes. It's great to have a couple inches, admire the beauty and then have it melt so it's a few hundred feet higher up! I hope your daughter and TB will stay safe and warm during the storm!

In reading your posts over the years so many things sound familiar and similar, esp the climate, even though we're in different parts of the country. But I guess country living is the same in many places, esp working on the land, learning how to fix things, etc.

I was watching a show that showed beautiful hills in AR, I was wondering if that was like or near where you lived. It reminded me a lot of here where we are nestled in the hills.

I really like those programs, too, but am into the sky stuff too as you know. Did you see the two on pets awhile back, they were fascinating. I'm not good at making links but if you look up the Nature website on PBS you can find them.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Night owl

My arm and shoulder isn't hurting either from the event the other morning! I took enough BP meds to get my heart back down to a regular heartbeat! I had tried halving them so I could take 1/2 when I got up and the other 1/2 when I went to bed to help reduce the fluid buildup from them. It was working well for over a month. But then I guess it caught up to me! ARGH! So I'm back to taking a whole one again! Ugh! I'll be so happy when I don't have to take them anymore!

I'm so ready for the pole barn to get built so Jethro will start hanging out in there! I can then be up during the daytime to get stuff done. I've already told him I have a bed for the barn, a TV and he can take his laptop out there too. We've already bought the pellet stove so he'll have heat too! I'll have to get one of the window A/C units in there when it gets hot! We have four of them! He can take his pick! He'll also have a bathroom in there! He can move Maria and Sherry's couch out there so they can spend their time with their daddy too! He can fence off an area outside where they can go eat grass, scratch and dust in too! WE ALL will be happy! TOD
Jethro's barn is sounding incredible! Sounds kinda like one of the types of places I look for when looking for housing. For some reason I've wanted to live in a converted barn. Sounds like he'll be really cozy.
)
So relieved that your heart situation got better but I'm hoping you'll have your doctor check you over just to be sure.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope your having a nice weekend Tod
Old 01-25-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Everyone!

I've been busy on the computer all night so I didn't get a chance to slide over here!

I'm good! Watching a lot of TV! Chatting with daughter that's smothered in snow! Ours is all gone! The rose vines will bloom beautifully when the time comes for that to happen!

I'm enjoying my clothes not being as tight as they used to be too! Losing weight and inches is grand!

Will get everyone answered later on after I get up! Molly is telling me it's bedtime.

Man! News just announced gas is $1.66 a gallon! Need to leave Jethro a note to tell him to take the tank/truck and fill it up! That thing laughs at us if we put $50.00 in it! It's paid for though so that's a good thing! Don't have to make truck payments on top of the high gas fill up! It's going to be 60 degrees and sunny today! All the kids can go outside! YAY!

TOD
Old 01-25-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Awesome job on the weight loss. I know the feeling! Your clothes might become so loose you need a new wardrobe, girl! Then you have a good excuse to go SHOPPING...I like to shop online, don't go the mall much anymore...but do like the lotion stores and all the wonderful smells of aromatherapy. Latest is an orange-ginger stuff that helps with energy. Spring is just around the corner! BTW-Jethro's barn sounds like the ultimate man-cave...
Old 01-26-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Soberwolf: I had the two from the couch outside today! They were eating together, hanging out together like they were best buds! They even found a spot where they could dust together! I get them back inside and Maria turns back into the selfish girl she knows so well how to be! LOL She does not like sharing her momma and daddy with the new kid!

teatree: That's cool you used to have so many chickens! I did too at one time. Had over 120 of them! They'd be all over everywhere and I'd call them up for their daily bread treat! It was a sight to see so many half flying and running to me to get their bread! The colors red, white, black, gold, white, gray and mixed colors would show up out of nowhere. Large, medium, small and tiny chickens running towards me or flying! LOL The flyers would scare the dickens out of the runners! When I was working on divorcing my 3rd husband I sold all of them but my Silkies! They all came with me!

I too have lots of memories I treasure! There was a Silkie hen with babies I was watching on the hill dusting! The little ones were close by her dusting too! They'd flap their wings to throw dust on themselves and it would send them bouncing down the hillside. They'd get up, run back to momma and do it all over again! I got such a laughter from watching them. As they went bouncing down the hillside momma would stop and watch them. She'd cluck to them and they'd all come running!

Have y'all seen the puppy bowl super bowl commercial? They have one where's there's Silkie chickens as cheerleaders! I love it!

Lyoness: Arkansas is covered in mountains and hills! There's a large mountain, Pinnacle, that I climbed several times in my younger days! There's a park at the bottom of it! In that park is a 1/2 mile paved trail along the creek. I used to run it four times around each time to make a 2 mile run in order to get ready to run my 2 miles for my physical training test! I was running it one day with my husband at the time in front of me! He yelled out: "Watch out for the snake on the trail!" I stopped dead in my tracks! He was yelling to come on I was screwing with my time! I yelled back: "This isn't being used for my test and I'll be damned if I get snake bit!" I got close enough to see it and stepped up on a bench to wait for it to slither off! It was a posinous snake! ARGH! I'm sort of in a wooded suburb area, but real close to town!

Jethro's barn is going to be a metal barn with a concrete floor! He'll be using it to work out of! He's been using a pop up tent for years to work on equipment out of. We do have all the stuff to make him a home out of it if I wanted to! LOL But for now he better make some money in it to help pay the loan back! I don't care what he puts in it! And we have plenty to fill it up! It's his barn to do with what he wants! He's waited years to get one! I'm sure he'll be spending a lot of time in it!

Soberwolf: My weekends are the same as any other day of the week! I'm retired! Jethro told me today we needed to put the trash out! Um NO! This is Monday! Not Tuesday! LOL This is what happens when neither one of us work!

teatree: My nose has a very strong sniffer! I have to be careful with smells! As for buying new clothes? Forget it! Sweatpants and T-shirts are my mainstay! I've worn uniforms for so many years I've gotten to the point it's a consistency! Plus dealing with chickens all day and night? I don't need clothes that they are going to mess up! I have to be careful with pants I buy due to my lower back problem. So many of them make my back just ache! And then I have to be careful with what shoes I wear because of an injured ankle!

My daughter sent me pictures today of the two kids digging an Igloo in the snow. It took them forever to get it dug! LOL I loved all the pictures and told her it was a good thing they weren't in the wilderness having to dig a hole to sleep in before it got dark. She totally agreed!

Jethro smoked us a rack of ribs for supper tonight! When he took them out of the smoker I suggested he take some of that freezer burnt meat to smoke it for the big chickens to eat! I'm running out of leftovers! They are little piglets!

Jennifer is still inside with us! She's improving but at a slow pace! It was warm enough today I had Jethro put her outside for a little while! Her sneezes sounds like someone blowing a car horn! Loudly! She's a very large girl! I've come to the conclusion she's a Giant breed in the chicken group! She probably got moved into the smaller group when she was in the tanks as a baby chick. The ppl that bought her and the other two chicks didn't have a clue about chicks or chickens! She's handicapped due to her legs. But she couldn't have come to a more caring/loving home! So she'll do fine here with us!

Well it's getting late in my world!

TOD
Old 01-26-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

TOD: Love your updates!

I have a very sensitive snout too..I don't like icky smells in my house! When I come home I take a good sniff about to see how it smells after being gone cuz that's the best time/way to pick up on something. I like to keep my house smelling good! Love candles.

Oh, girl, I could go on and on about chickens. Was raised on a large farm and I took care of all the chickens...well, except for the Bantys they roamed free all over the place and had a very large barn to roost in at night...it was soooo much fun,though to watch them and stuff. Those Banty mothers would hatch out these large batch of chicks like a dozen and oh they were soooo cute, those baby chicks. It was cool to monitor them when they hatched out; pecking their way through the shell. It was tempting to help them do that, but they needed to do it on their own...Loved watching the Banty mothers going around with their brood of chickies showing them how to eat and find food and the sounds they would make as they "talked" to their babies. Then at night all the little chicks would gather under mamma's wings and cuddle in so nicely.

I read that book: "Flossy and Bossy" when I was a kid and I would highly recommend it if you love chickens! It's a kids book but so true about how chickens are and the social stuff; pecking order, etc. Throw a rooster in the mix and it changes everything!

I was attacked by roosters plenty of times. They can be vicious, but I learned to fight them off. If we had a rooster with a real mean streak that wouldn't back off he ended up as chicken soup!

Now another subject would be the rabbits. I took care of them too.

Anyways: Good wholesome things helps us stay clean!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh teatree: I don't have to read that book! I could write one hell of a book myself! LOL I am however going to tell my neighbor with chickens and six kids about it! She might want to get it for her kids? Thanks for telling me about it!

I have another Thread with two chapters over in the cafe' section where I've written many a story about the chicken events around here! Here's the link: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2738329

I give a lot of credit to my feathered kids keeping me off the pain meds! They depend on me and Jethro for love and care! They are also very entertaining! This is why I talk about them on here! My life would be BORING w/o them! They also keep me very busy! They keep me getting up and down! I'm not sitting in a chair with my face glued to a computer screen or the TV!

I've been washing chicken sheets most of the night and getting them dried. Jennifer's are the nastiest! Yuck! Those are in the dryer now and I'll get them spread back out on the laundry room floor so she can hangout in there instead of in a small carrier all the time. She's also realized momma will slip her treats from the kitchen when I'm in there so she's always talking to me! LOL Jethro told me earlier she sounds like a Donkey braying when she sneezes! I kind of have to agree on some of her sneezes! I'll be super happy when she's over this nasty cold and I can put her back outside with her two sisters and Mr. Marvin! I'm sure she's ready herself!

Today is trash and recycling day! WE didn't put it out last night. ARGH! SOOOO I've got all the trash put in the containers and I still need to put all the recycling stuff out too! Then the containers have to be pulled WAAAYYY down the driveway! It's 30 degrees outside and dark! It's hard holding onto a flashlight and pulling two large containers behind me! But I'll get it done! Jethro keeps the dishes washed and the big kids taken care of! I do the chicken duties after I get up. All night long! So I pitch in where I can to do my part around here too! Here lately we've been doing our own cooking for ourselves whenever we get hungry! I don't make the big meals like I used to because of the dieting! He thinks I'm starving myself! NOT! And the news just announced it's "National Chocolate Cake Day!" Y'all have a piece of cake for me! They are telling the history now on how chocolate was discovered by James Baker!

I have figured out when I get up at 4:00 pm I have to take my BP meds. Then by 2:00 am I have to take the next round! Well that's 10 hours between each dose. So yeah! I've been up long enough I probably need another dose! And since I'm usually asleep for 9 to 10 hours? That next round is needed when I get up! I've always had to take extra MG's with my meds! So this is just one of those cases!

Okay! I better check the dryer and get the trash/recycling taken care of! It's already after 5:00 am! Molly's already starting to give me THAT bedtime look! LOL

TOD
Old 01-27-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I had to pull one container at a time! The trash container was so Freaking heavy I couldn't hardly move it! I'd pull it halfway and stop. Then I'd walk back and get the recycling container! Or it was more like I was struggling to get back to get the recycling container. LOL Heavy breathing in 30 degree weather is NOT good! The moon is so bright I didn't need to use a flashlight! It's going to be gone today though for another month! I've also been watching/looking at the three planets in a row too! Jethro's paper is also inside for him! I saved him a trip out in the cold this morning!

When I got up today Jethro launched into a story! He got pulled over for expired tags in MY car! WHAT? Of course Mr. Jethro opened his mouth to the Officer and proceeded to TALK! And talk some more! LOL He swore he'd gotten my tags and the other two vehicles tags put on the vehicles! He even got out of the car to go look at the computer in the Policeman's car! That's my husband! So he brought everything home and then made a bee-line to get the tag situation straightened out! So all our vehicles are tagged and good to go now!

Miss Molly is stretched out on the floor under the red heat bulb right now! She's sunning herself! LOL

I went on my FB page today to look at all the snow pictures my daughter posted. While on there I saw ppl I knew. So I spent some time clicking on their names and pictures! Can we say time has not been kind to many of them! I showed Jethro the ones he knew and then I said: "I guess my soaps and natural stuff I take has worked well for me compared to the others?" He whole heartedly agreed! And of course there's the good genes I got from my parents that's probably helped too! I have pictures of when I was in HS with some of those ppl! Pictures they've never seen! I guess I need to copy them and post them to share. I'm sure they'd love to see them! I even have a picture of us on a field trip where we are looking for arrow heads. Part of the group is smoking their joints! DOH!

Well Molly finally got up! She would have jumped up if I'd got up! So I can now finish with the laundry and get us headed to bed! ARGH! It's 7:00 am! Way past my bedtime!

TOD
Old 01-27-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awww I loved reading about your silkie who didn't want to share the parents love with the other how cute

Your making me think about doing this one day
Old 01-28-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's Molly under the red heat bulb yesterday!

Here's Sherry and Maria dusting together in the pen beside the porch! Porch pen!

Today is supposed to be 60 degrees! By the time we reach Sunday? It's going to be 72 degrees! Yay! And then we go back down in temps next week! We never put away our coats or summer clothes here! We also have things covered up so it's easy to uncover when it gets hot! Right now? It's 25 degrees!

Jethro had his dirty clothes laundry container waiting for me when I got up! Ugh! I did all the chicken stuff and our towels yesterday. Now I'm doing Jethro's clothes tonight! Laundry is a never ending cycle around here!

I've eaten too much tonight! My tummy isn't happy with me either! And here I have to laugh at Mom saying she's gained 6 pds! PLEASE!!!! She weighs a 126 pds TOTAL! I'd like to know where it's at on herself? She'll say her butt! That's the biggest thing on her! And it's not too big either! She's 5'4, weighs 126 pds and runs circles around everyone! I don't dare ask for her help getting things done! If I sit down she'll tell me to GET UP! Ugh! She doesn't understand painful areas on the body! She has no problems! And she's 76 yrso!

Soberwolf: If you're ready for messy pets? Then by all means get you a couple of Silkies! If not? Then sit down and enjoy my crazy stories!

There are so many shows on TV right now I can't find the time to watch them all! There were two new ones that started this week too! I'm truly happy we have a DVR since there are so many that come on at the same time! Mom doesn't have DVR! She'll wait for something to come on repeats and start watching them as new shows! I keep trying to talk her into getting it, but she keeps refusing! Just like she does when I try talking her into getting an iphone! Nope! Ain't happening. She wouldn't even know how to turn a computer on if I asked her to! LOL Anything that has to be done on her end by computer is done thru mine! My other two sister's aren't as office oriented as I am! And if I get stuck on something? I ask my IT daughter how to do it! LOL My daughter says I'm challenged! Not dumb! ROFL

All the things happening in my life right now and dealing with ppl on a daily basis is really no problem now that I'm off the pain pills! I might get flustered or frustrated, but I manage to get things done! And accomplished! I figure the problems out to get them accomplished! I don't run to take meds to go away mentally in a fog! And I'm really proud of myself for getting my credit back in the good status! I've applied for three different loans and have been approved for all three! I've only used one of them though! I could have $50,000.00 sitting in savings right now if I'd taken all three loans! But I'm not stupid and I want to get things paid off before I get myself in debt! Trying to get a loan years ago was a laughing matter! Makes me think of my last XH saying: "You're always blowing money on pills!" Well I wasn't! He just never gave me enough each week to pay the bills and I was left to figure out how to manage them. He was bringing in $700.00 a week and would give me $300.00 a week! I'd love to let him know where I'm at today, but he's a waste of my time!

It's bedtime for me and Molly!

TOD