Notices

Not normal withdraw, help.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not normal withdraw, help.

Hi.
As we speak, I don't recall even registering. I smoked spice. I wouldn't even consider myself an addict because I didn't care if I did or didnt have it. I knew that going in the addictive tendacies sucked, but I'm a probate with a dumbass mind.

I told myself I will never succumb to withdraws to smoke, instead, I smoke if I want to. That worked perfectly over the course till I decided to quit. Withdraws never sucked if I chose to go without or had no option.

I haven't been smoking it for 3 months, not even close. I made one last run to the store, picked up the product (which I was told was tweaked for strength) and finished it all with my gf 3 days ago.

Everything was going fine until last night. Day 1 you could tell these were really strong withdraws (even if I hadn't created any sort of dependency, spice withdraws start on 1 hit. ) Freakishly strong.
I didn't sleep day 1.
Day 2 had me a little messed up because of the sleep deprivation. I took 2 melatonin to help me sleep. didnt help. Took 4 more. Fell asleep 4 hours later, at the 46.5 hour mark.

Today, day #3, is horrible. I woke up, pool of sweat, shivering. I got myself together, started my day at 2 PM, and boom. I started tripping for approx. 41 minutes and then things stopped moving.
I puked and im still sore. I has a very nausuated feeling, told myself to go puke, woke up in front of the toilet with, thankfully, it all in the there. I feel like I took a hit of acid, but on the come down. I can walk outside in 17 degree weather and be sweating, like what just happened when I get my newspaper.

I dont know what to do . Help - I dont know whats going on. I dont know how I even found this forum. Someone please give me magic advice to stop this. I will even pay. I have a life for the next 5 days I can't let succumb to withdraws.

I dont even feel more depressed (considering I have bad depression as it is), its all just physical. Shaking as I type this.. Thanks.

ALSO:
My consumption information
Daily Rate : 3 bowls, if that.
Highest Rate: A gram a day (2 months ago)
Strength of product: I drove my friend to the hospital after one hit..? I mean you hit the bowl to hard and you look like an idiot for 30 minutes.
I would often go a day or two without smoking, no biggie.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome!

I don't have experience with spice, but others here do. I will post some threads which you might want to read:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-journal.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...eady-quit.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ted-spice.html

Last edited by Coldfusion; 01-13-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added links
Old 01-13-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think maybe you need to get to the doctor, Urgent Care or the Emergency Room. They will be able to help you. Too much melatonin is also a bad idea - it isn't a harmless supplement, and taking six of them is not a good idea.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What would they be able to do for me at a urgent care that I can't do.. besides look dumb infront of even more people! \
Old 01-13-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thnak you, ive already read two of those before registering though! haha
Old 01-13-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I guess a lot of searches on the internet lead to SoberRecovery. Read around and post often--it works if you work it!

Here's a couple other good threads:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5738553

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5738878
Old 01-13-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoLoveFound View Post
What would they be able to do for me at a urgent care that I can't do.. besides look dumb infront of even more people! \
I don't know, but there isn't much we can do - and we are prohibited from giving medical advice here, so that's all I've got. Good luck! I'd be careful with melatonin, or any supplements. You can get into trouble taking too much.

Believe me, as an addict, I want to pop something to feel better. I don't do that any more, though.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, i remember trying spice in the past, but never continuously. Some was a marijuana-like high and some was an intense rush. Either way they're all dangerous. My two good friends have not been the same since being addicted to it. I do not know much about it other than how powerful it is. I highly recommend seeing a doctor, I saw spice bring out horrible things in people and i knew someone that had to be hospitalized multiple times and almost died because of what it did. Their personalities seem altered because of it to this day, quit asap and check in with a doctor.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Coincidentally a New England Patriots football player just went to the hospital for this stuff. Be safe, goodluck.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah I wouldn't consider myself have ever being addicted - I never felt like I had to or anything addict like things.. I think this last bag is what caused it.. "Tweaked for strength"

And yeah, it can change everything. Just like heroin in my opinion.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by NoLoveFound View Post
Unless you've been to medical school, and then practiced a few years, chances are they know more than you and you'll get better care with a Dr.

The thing with spice is you have no idea what's in it.
No. idea.

Go get checked out.

D
Old 01-14-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I have no suggestions for your current "withdrawals" but to prevent future ones, put down the bowl. For good.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ive never tried the stuff and pretty much dont know what it is, but something tells me the people you got it from may have laced it with something else to make it stronger. it sounds like your having panick attacks. you should go to a dr and get checked out. they also have free blood pressure machines in i think walmart that you can check your bp. but it sounds like some irregular type of drug you should stay away from. your body isnt invincible
Old 01-14-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Unless you've been to medical school, and then practiced a few years, chances are they know more than you and you'll get better care with a Dr.

No. idea.

Go get checked out.

D
This
Old 01-15-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No. idea.

Go get checked out.

D
Moneys a bit tight.. I just don't believe they have much to offer for the withdrawls.
Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I have no suggestions for your current "withdrawals" but to prevent future ones, put down the bowl. For good.
Yup, already did that. That is the reason I make this.
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
ive never tried the stuff and pretty much dont know what it is, but something tells me the people you got it from may have laced it with something else to make it stronger. it sounds like your having panick attacks. you should go to a dr and get checked out. they also have free blood pressure machines in i think walmart that you can check your bp. but it sounds like some irregular type of drug you should stay away from. your body isnt invincible
I don't think its 'laced' because you never even know what you begin with.

I'm on this day now. I had a psychosomatic break down twice today. Blacked out for a bit, ,hit walls, etc. out of severe unfounded anger.

I feel much better, besides those two really rough patches today.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope you're okay... We're here for ya but your situ doesn't sound too good ...
Old 01-15-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think not seeing a Doctor is a really terrible decision - but none of us can come hustle you into a cab.

Good luck.

Are you done with spice now?

D
Old 01-15-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think not seeing a Doctor is a really terrible decision - but none of us can come hustle you into a cab.

Good luck.

Are you done with spice now?

D
Yes I quit and the withdraws were insane -- thats how I found myself here.

I just woke up feeling even betteer - but I did puke last night. If it continues to be bad I'll have no choice I just don't know what medicine they'll offer me that they didn't offer my friends who got taken there. They just gave them room to freak out in all night and made it worse, according to them. I saw a doctor rip my friend forward by his shirt and his brother said if you do that to him again hes going to have a really bad time(like he just had because of it) and you[ll make it all worse

I appreciate the support guys, just to talk about this with anyone because I don't have many friends to begin with. My 'friends' that were smoking with me aren't my friends anymore, surprisingly.

I stopped taking melatonin supplements in fear I'll harm my body.

Today:
  • I have got a full nights rest since I quit
  • I haven't ate since I quit, the fought of food makes me feel sick --- Advice?
  • My head is a whole lot less groggy and it no longer feels like I'm coming out of an acid trip.
  • Any advice on taking anything is appreciated, juice/supplements/etc.

Thanks,
NLF
Old 01-15-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've never heard of spice so afraid don't know much about withdrawals to expect. But, what you describe about the Dr. grabbing your friend by the shirt just doesn't sound right...Dr.s are more cautious these days about everything, really. And leaving him alone all night? That doesn't sound right either.

One thing to consider is that lack of sleep can really do a number on anyone and might be causing you to have more freakish withdrawals. I hope you start to feel better. And you might wish to reconsider getting in to a Dr. or hospital ER; you may have a completely different experience than your friends.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
I've never heard of spice so afraid don't know much about withdrawals to expect. But, what you describe about the Dr. grabbing your friend by the shirt just doesn't sound right...Dr.s are more cautious these days about everything, really. And leaving him alone all night? That doesn't sound right either.

One thing to consider is that lack of sleep can really do a number on anyone and might be causing you to have more freakish withdrawals. I hope you start to feel better. And you might wish to reconsider getting in to a Dr. or hospital ER; you may have a completely different experience than your friends.
Spice is synthetic weed. For some, its worse than heroin. For some, they don't withdrawal.

The doctor was trying to bring him into consciousness, rubbing his collar, jerking his shirt, etc. They did necessarily leave him alone, but they let him sleep it off all night after shoving a catheter in his wee-wee to see if they knew what he was on (we had already told them that it wont show up).

Unfortunately, the lack of sleep wasn't the cause of withdrawals. I've had more psychotic episodes, hallucinations, coughing/puking up black stuff, cold/hot sweats, shivers, restlessness.

But in the last 24 hours I have tremendously approved. I've ate, slept, and acted like a normal functioning being. my emotions are off though. If something makes me mad, it can trigger an episode. Episodes are typically violent, or me wanting to be violent.

I'm confident in the thought that visiting an ER won't do much; they couldn't do anything for my friend, and now, I have another friend who went to the hospital for smoking the stuff.

Here is the light, for me, and here is the very, very dark for others:

I would like anyone who skims through this post to read the next bold part very carefully.

The spice shop moved and change the product. They now offer 15 different kinds of spice, and liquid vape versions of this. It isn't even the same. Before it was chemical sprayed on dry plant matter, now its just black. I know of someone who has already died from it. The first day he even started smoking it he started coughing up blood. He died around two days ago. I am trying to get my other friend to quit, but hes so addicted. Hes now coughing up blood, can't go without spice for 1 hour, wakes up in the middle of sleep to hit the bowl and sleep. He often doesn't even know he does that. I've seen him shave seizures. He refuses to quit, and he vows to kill himself before its too late. I don't think he has longer than a couple days. He's coughed up insane amounts of blood.
There is stories floating around about people hitting the 'liquid incense' and dying on the spot. I can't verify it, I don't even live in the same city where the spice is sold. I do, however, know the person who died, and the person dying. I don't know how to help my friend. I am going to try and intervene once again tomorrow, but I imagine it will be a fight.

Please, if you ever, ever, think about smoking spice. Don't. I wouldn't classify my usage of it as addiction in the least bit. But I am where I am now. I don't know if I'll ever be the same person I was before.

I do have hope that I will return though. The signs point to progress, rapidly, but time will always tell.

I would like to thank everyone above for support. I would not have felt like people supported my progress otherwise. I have not relapsed, nor will I. I don't have any wish to ever do that again.