Any music?

Old 02-05-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Stevie Winwood's "Can't Find My Way Home."
[acoustic version]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI
Old 02-06-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Draiman RULES! Great Morning Music. Wake up people! Today is a NEW DAY!!!

Old 02-06-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So i guess no one is going to reply to this thread what a shame :P

lol jk, what did i create?!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jimt91 View Post
So i guess no one is going to reply to this thread what a shame :P

lol jk, what did i create?!
It is a runaway train at this point Jim. No stopping it until it CRASHES!!! Hope you are doing well. Music is so important in my life and recovery. It truly keeps me going at times I just want to give up!!!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Love this thread too.. Gotta have my music fix!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I've got a special place in my heart for Eddie Vedder. No, I am not an obsessed fan. See, we have something in common aside from the same little brown Martin guitar. Folks have always made fun of 'home'. Won't say where that is, but let's just say it's off the beaten path, uhh huhh....however, it is one of Eddie's favorite places. I also have a special place in my heart for Johnny Depp because he's an artist and great guitar picker who traces his roots back to the same place I do. *shrug* what can I say; folks always look for things in common.

Here Eddie Vedder and Johnny Depp team up on a song Eddie wrote for "Into The Wild" movie.

"Society"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlKaec-GHCM
Old 02-16-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

"Don't Let Me Come Home A Stranger"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_le2S_0SK7I
Old 02-16-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Love Depp and Vedder. Lots of memories - tons of times/places I can relate to their work. I wish I was more off the beaten path a lot of the time. The RAT race can get to you, but Chicago is my city. I can still get goosebumps heading into the Loop or out on a boat on Lake Michigan at night looking at the city lights and such, but the country is where I belong in the end. Anyway we have LOTS of things in common my friend. Yes addiction unfortunately, but that only scratches the surface.

Alice in Chains - Amazing band - Layne has been gone for almost 14 years, but still the emotion in his voice is amazing.

If I can't be my own .... I'd feel better dead (lyrics were unfortunately right on the money)
Old 02-16-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Mmmm, yes. He does have a very emotive voice!

This takes us back a few years. Fleetwood Mac...well, more specifically Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham; Landslide.

I love, Love, LOVE the guitar work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sQ7cuYgjzw
Old 02-16-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It is a runaway train at this point Jim. No stopping it until it CRASHES!!! Hope you are doing well. Music is so important in my life and recovery. It truly keeps me going at times I just want to give up!!!
Like opening a pandora box?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

My answer depends on when you ask me. Mindless workout music might have me suggesting vintage Ramones concerts or Voivod this month. In the car or at home I'm fond of Handel's Oratorios. Samson is a good one. Of course there's always the Pumpkins, Cheap Trick, Our lady Peace etc for some more energetic music.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

awesome list IvanMike
Old 02-18-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

So my band is having a reunion gig/performance this summer now that two of the group are speaking to one another again... Think we can do this without any drugs or alcohol? I'm hoping... However it's been a huge trigger in the past.... For most of the group, myself included... But it can be done I think....hmmm performing not under the influence? What a beautiful concept
Old 02-19-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

That is a tough one TTree. If you are in a good spot it could be very easy, but you just never know. I think eventually you have to put yourself out there, but sometimes us addicts do it because we know it opens the door. I think with your history it could be a great and memorable experience. Just prepare yourself. The music will beat out any high you could have that night anyway!

Anyway just to show my true colors - I go from Lamb of God to the Cure - The Cure is a great great band IMHO and if you don't think so I suggest you reconsider. Yes this is more of a silly song, but hey it IS FRIDAY!!

Hope NOT DOPE as they say - not sure who they are, but people do say that :-)

Old 02-20-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Stevie Winwood's "Can't Find My Way Home."
[acoustic version]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI
Gotta bring this one back. I love how dude just chilling by the fire (appears to be outside). Very cool - great mix - voice and guitar sound amazing!!!
Old 02-20-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

sometime it seems music is all i can really feel...
Old 02-20-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Do your best

A song I can't get out of my head at the moment

Paparazzi instrumental - xzibit
Old 02-20-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yes a BIT CHEESY, but hey I will give Draiman the benefit of the doubt! New tune and has a good recovery feel - DIG IT!!!

Old 02-24-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I found this thread, and I absolutely love it, so I thought I would share my playlist, too, if no one minds? I love music so much. It is like therapy for me. I am really girly, though, so the music I listen to you may not like....Anyway, here you go: Justin Timberlake - "Like I Love You", "Suit & Tie", "SexyBack", and "What Goes Around, Comes Around".......Katy Perry - "Part Of Me", and "I Kissed A Girl".......Ginuwine - "Pony"......AC/DC - "The Jack"......Billy Squier - "The Stroke".....Drake - "Hotline Bling".....The Weekend - "Can't Feel My Face", and "Earned It".....Al Green - "Let's Stay Together".....Blake Shelton - "Some Beach".....Kanye West - "Stronger".....Fall Out Boy - "Uma Thurman".....Britney Spears - "Toxic".....Elle King - "Ex's And Oh's.....Rob Zombie - "More Human Than Human".....Marilyn Manson - "Tainted Love".....Jet - "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is".....Supreme Beings Of Leisure - "Golddigger" and "Touch Me".....Ellie Goulding - "On My Mind".....Goldfrapp - "Twist".....Alanis Morrissette - "Ironic".....TLC - "Waterfalls".......My taste is pretty eclectic, so I hope you all find something good. I have 2 songs that are my all time faves, and just really speak to me. They are really, really special songs........Jessie J's "Masterpiece", and Robyn's "Dancing On My Own".....Hope everyone is having a stellar day.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

These guys have helped me a lot at times and they don't even know it. Oh well. Glad to have their music, just the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfnB8d1Vh0g

Darrell Scott and Tim O'Brien

"It All Comes Down To Love"