Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

A Walk on the Dark Side: My Struggle and Release with Tianeptine

Notices

A Walk on the Dark Side: My Struggle and Release with Tianeptine

Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing a great job. Yeah, I tapered off from 500mg doses to 50mg doses. Just enough to keep withdrawals away but not feel sick. Then you lengthen the times between doses. I can't believe you're going cold turkey! You have major ba**s! If you succeed I hope you'll stick around the thread like I have and help the next soul.

Well, since my last update I've gone to see a doctor and he prescribed Zoloft. Geez... what a difference. It helps with the depression that comes from stopping Tianeptine. It took a few days to kick in and it's a relief to feel positive again without forcing it - you know? It also makes you more social which is great cuz I'm on a dating cycle right now (eharmony)

But, yeah Jaddy great job! Just keep it going! You can really do this and you'll give us new hope if you succeed. Way to go!
Old 01-31-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

thanks man! Ya all while going to work the entire time at 6am lmao. It was rough man but every time i even think about ordering more i remember that time. Even the addiction counselor ive been seeing was blown away. I just knew this was a life or death situation. Financially I was on the brink of failure, and really I still am digging myself out. Me and my girl have been having a rough time since i stopped. She doesn't understand the level of mental chaos im in. Im doing my best to show her love at every chance my body will allow, but i suppose its lacking compared to what shes used to. I have to get better for me first though. this is gonna be a long trip. I'll look into zoloft though. In general Ive had issues with general depression before so
Old 03-14-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Any updates? What's happened Jaddy?
Old 04-14-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Just wanted to raise this thread up for those that are suffering. I have been off Tianeptine for about 15 months so please contact me if you need help.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey John! Glad you're still out there.

I've been off Tianeptine for 6 months and doing good. Recovery from this drug is possible. I remember the hopelessness of it and how I felt so stuck. There is hope and there is life after Tianeptine.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi SoberJohn,
I read your post: "About this time I remembered that I overcame my benzo addiction a couple of years ago because I was proactive and looked up online a tapering program involving a short half-life benzo mixed with a long half-life benzo."

I was hoping you could tell me where to look for that taper program. I've been on 30/mg valium per day for 10 years. I don't really want to get off it because it works well, but a doctor once tried to get me off it and it was a disaster that affected my life negatively for years. I found a doctor that is prescribing me 30/day again and my life is going great. But if ever they try take me off again, I would love to know a way to get off it without my life totally falling apart.
Take Care.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJohn View Post
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to write tonight about my battle with the drug Tianeptine for many reasons but the most important so that those out there struggling with the same demon know that there is a path to sobriety from this demon and I wanted to share my path to that battle. I know I googled "Tianeptine" many times in search for something that worked to get away from this horrible drug many times with no real luck so hopefully this will serve as a new updated fight that will help others.

I quit drinking January 19th 2015. I remember I got ****-faced after an NFL play-off game on beer and whiskey and literally had enough of being the person I was. Fast forward 4 months of not drinking and my addictive voice was searching for the next best thing. I was bored in my sobriety and wanted to know what would make me feel better. I was always interested in Noopterics (sp?) for the brain as I had been feeling down and wanted to naturally feel better. I frequent these forums everyday and someone posted their struggle with the demon "Stablon" which is Tianeptine. The post read a horrifying tale of getting hooked on this stuff, increasing dosages and not being able to shake it. You have to love the addictive voice because in my dementia I thought "Perfect" exactly what I need because it makes you feel good like opiates but its legal but I'll be real careful so as to not get addicted like these poor souls that wrote this post. (yea Right!!!)

I researched Tianeptine thoroughly online and saw that it actually improved brain cognition and helped alcoholics from relapsing. I was finding all the positive about the T drug and ignoring the negative until one day I bought it online. Now Tianeptine is available from about 100 online noopteric stores and they sell it in powder form so that you have weigh it out and encapsulate it on your own. So I bought a good MG scale, some empty capsules and 10G of Tianeptine. The normal dosage for Tianeptine is 37.5mg a day administered in three doses. I tried that the first day with no results and on the second day I shot that first dose to 100 mg and sat back and got high. The feeling is just like an opiate but very short lived. I knew from that first mega dose I was in trouble. This was April 2015 and I was 4 months sober from alcohol. A couple days later I started drinking again too.

My doses started at 1 per day of 100 mg and quickly progressed to about 250mg 3 times a day as the tolerance builds incredibly fast. Some prro folks I have read get up to about 5G a day which is terrifying. I knew I had a serious problem in October of 2015 when I woke at 6:00 AM in full blown opiate withdrawal. My stomach hurt, every muscle in my body ached. I was sweating but freezing. My eyes burned and were swollen and I was exhausted even though I slept over 10 hours. My mistake was Tianeptine in the Sodium form only lasted 4 hours in the body and I had slept 10 hours. I quickly re-dosed as soon as I got up and felt 100% better. Tianeptine is an anti-depressant that helps many people used at the lower doses but used in large doses activates the mu opiod receptors in the brain just like opiates. Now I started thinking about my dilemma as Tianeptine is a drug that is legal in the USA but it is also not regulated in the USA so that means you go to the doctor to claim that you have a problem and the Doctor has no clue what the hell you are talking about. No one knows what Tianeptine does to the body at the mega doses that I was taking so that added to my anxiety ten-fold. To add to my problems I had started drinking again heavily to calm myself down from the anxiety of discovering my Tianeptine addiction but again I knew I was in trouble back in April.

I googled everything I knew about Tianeptine and became a makeshift chemist overnight. I learned that I could take the Free Acid form of the drug at night as it had a longer half life and I could avoid withdrawals during the night. So I was dosing 250mg three times a day of the sodium form of Tianeptine and dosing 450mg of the Free Acid form before going to bed.

I learned how people were taking loperamide (Imodium AD) to help battle their opiate addiction and I followed suit. If Tianeptine tickled the same receptors as opiates than the loperamide had to work. Loperamide is an opioid from the 1950s and ingesting large doses of it fed the brain enough to curb an opiate appetite and a few days of this was able to get an addict back on their feet. I tried this recipe and found that Loperamide had no effect on Tianeptine for me. I have read that it has helped some people but everyone is different in the brain chemically so please don't take my story as the gospel. I took incredible amounts of loperamide and it did nothing but make me sick to my stomach. Now I was terrified because if loperamide didn't work I would be left to nothing but the clear cut withdrawal of Tianeptine which from what I read and felt for myself was just as bad a heroine. (No Joke)

About this time I remembered that I overcame my benzo addiction a couple of years ago because I was proactive and looked up online a tapering program involving a short half-life benzo mixed with a long half-life benzo. I took it to my doctor and he prescribed me the needed meds and I stepped off my benzo addiction with zero withdrawals. If I could do that with benzos I knew I could solve the Tianeptine withdrawals formula and I did for myself and it was Tramadol.

Tramadol is a synthetic opiate that is basically a pain killer that creates no high. More importantly it attaches to the same opiate receptors that Tianeptine does. It is highly addictive if taken in high doses and for a lengthy period. A lengthy period is considered anything over 12 days. I was prescribed the Tramadol by my doctor along with some Gabapentin and started taking the very next day.

On Tianeptine I was unable to go more than 4 hours before I had to re-dose so a couple days before Christmas I woke up and took 3 (50mg) tablets of Tramadol and I felt no withdrawal symptoms from Tianeptine. At lunch I took another 3 (50mg) tablets and still felt fine. At night time I took 2 (50mg) of Tramadol and felt fine and slept through the night. I was suffering physical withdrawal still as my legs were restless but the tramadol helped it tremendously and the bad withdrawal symptoms were absent. I had made it a whole day without any Tianeptine and only an addict would understand that accomplishment. I continued my Tianeptine cleanse using Tramadol and Gabapentin over the next 8 days following the below tapering method:

Tuesday-
Tramadol: 150mg (morning)-150mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)
Gabapentin: 300mg (morning)-300mg (lunch)-300mg (after dinner)

Wednesday-

Thursday-
Tramadol: 100mg (morning)-150mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Friday-
Tramadol: 100mg (morning)-100mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Saturday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-100mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Sunday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-50mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Monday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-50mg (lunch)-50mg(after dinner)

Tuesday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-None (lunch)-50mg(after dinner)

Wednesday-
Tramadol: None (morning)-None (lunch)-50mg(after dinner)

Thursday-
No Tramadol or Gabapentin

I had to dose 20mg (10 pills)of loperamide Thursday and Friday to jump off the Tramadol without getting addicted to it. Unlike Tianeptine, loperamide extinguishes Tramadol cravings.

I had little to no withdrawal symptoms using this method and I even went out to the movies and restaurants while withdrawing. I am sitting here today on a Saturday completely clean from Tianeptine and I have to say I feel really good that I can sleep without worrying and wake without being in withdrawal. My eyes no longer burn like they used to and my anxiety is almost nil. I am a lucky one because I had the drive to break loose of Tianeptine because I was terrified that I wasn't going to make it out. I hope my post serves as some type of help to someone out there struggling with Tianeptine and for those thinking of doing Tianeptine please re-read this post and DO NOT EVEN THINK OF DOING TIANEPTINE EVER!!!!!!!

Things to remember:

1) Gotta want to quit-don't do this method if you plan on using as you could find yourself addicted to Tramadol and Tianeptine.

2) Tramadol doesn't work for everyone as you must have the correct liver enzyme to process it. Some people take it and get sick and it does nothing and some, like me can take it and it is a god send. Please be aware of that.

3) We are all addicts but respect the power of these drugs or you might end up addicted to more than one. I knew that Tramadol was addictive and respected the fact that I did not want to be addicted to it so I tapered aggressively off of it. Please, please, please do not trade one addiction for another. Respect the drugs.

I know most on here will tout that I am stupid or full of it but this is what worked for me and I had no other choice and I hope it works for someone else out there struggling.
Good luck to all of you struggling to beat this addiction along with alcohol. It is not easy but it is possible my friends.
If you have any questions please let me know via this post or PM.

Hi SoberJohn, when i put up the post long ago it was to help addicts find hope and strength through my experience. i am sad it actually got u to commence taking this drug.

i pray its all well with u....

ps. i started the "tapering off this demon called stablon (tianeptine)
Old 07-14-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm doing very well and no need to apologize as it was my own stupidity that got me in the mess. I am doing great today ad haven't touched the stuff since January 2016.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberenough View Post
Hi SoberJohn,
I read your post: "About this time I remembered that I overcame my benzo addiction a couple of years ago because I was proactive and looked up online a tapering program involving a short half-life benzo mixed with a long half-life benzo."

I was hoping you could tell me where to look for that taper program. I've been on 30/mg valium per day for 10 years. I don't really want to get off it because it works well, but a doctor once tried to get me off it and it was a disaster that affected my life negatively for years. I found a doctor that is prescribing me 30/day again and my life is going great. But if ever they try take me off again, I would love to know a way to get off it without my life totally falling apart.
Take Care.
Sorry for the late reply. Here is the website for the tapering program off benzos. Worked like a charm with me. Make sure to work with your doctor and show them this plan.

benzo.org.uk : Benzodiazepines: How They Work & How to Withdraw, Prof C H Ashton DM, FRCP, 2002
Old 07-18-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Trying to Quit Here, Too....

Thank you for posting. This thread has given me some comfort in knowing I am not alone in my Tianeptine addiction.

I too used to believe Tianeptine was the answer to my prayers. I had been on several different prescription antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds that had done nothing for me. So, like so many others, I turned to nootropics for relief. When I got my little package in the mail a few days later, I started out with the recommend dose. I felt 'OK', but it wasn't enough... I found that doubling the dosage made me feel pretty nice, and tripling it made me feel wonderful. Pretty soon I wasn't measuring or limiting the amounts I dosed. But I wasn't worried because finally, I had no depression or anxiety anymore... I felt like I had found a magic bullet; like I'd stumbled onto the secret to happiness. I was living life to the fullest.

It took awhile before I really noticed how quickly each dose wore off... I'd start feeling edgy and irritable after just a couple hours had gone by without a dose. So I started increasing the doses even more, hoping the feeling might not wear off so quickly. I'm not sure how much I was taking at the height of it... But I know I was constantly having to re-order and spending lots of money on it. I began to hide how often I'd order it and how much I was spending.

I managed to maintain a steady supply somehow for almost a year. It wasn't until one day a few months ago, when I forgot to re-order or shipping got delayed or something, that the bottom all fell out. Somehow or another I ended up running out without a re-supply for about 3 days.

The first day was just kind of 'rough'. I was edgy and craving Tia pretty bad, but it was manageable. The second day... that was absolutely hell on earth. My body felt like it had been hit by a truck. I had fever, chills, nausea, shortness of breath, night sweats, RLS. I'd try to sleep and just wake up all night long and have nightmares all night. The depression was debilitating, and combined with the crippling anxiety, I was unable to leave my house. Hell, I couldn't even leave my couch. My body just ached, and I had no motivation. Even reaching for a glass of water seemed like the biggest, most insurmountable task. It took me awhile to come to the conclusion that I was going through Tianeptine withdrawal because, like so many others, I had only focused on all the positive, glowing reviews and became addicted without realizing all the harsh and nasty consequences possible with this drug.

By day three, things were a tad bit better, but not much. I forced myself to get around and go buy some CBD edibles. It took several hours, but eventually my symptoms subsided considerably (I highly recommend CBD to anyone in active WD... I'm not sure why it works, but it does).

By the fourth day, I felt quite a bit better, but my shipment had come in, and... rather than kicking the habit for good, I started up again. The last few months have been a vicious cycle of wanting to quit, cutting down, slipping back to higher doses, cutting down again... Fearing WD and re-ordering because of it, thinking this next shipment will my last because I'm going to will myself into tapering off, finally. But it's just so incredibly hard. Like I said, I don't know how much I was taking at the height of it.... I just know that currently I'm still going through about 2g/week or 285 mg/day. I ran out again two days ago, and at this dosage the WD is much less severe. I have an order coming in tomorrow, but as of right now I have made a commitment to really get serious about tapering and finally getting off this stuff for good. I cannot continue on as a slave/prisoner to this substance and allow it to run my life as it has through it's false sense of security and my fear of withdrawal.

This is a struggle like I never imagined, but I HAVE to do this. Please wish me luck and send some positive vibes my way!!
Old 07-24-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good luck LNF! I know the feeling of not getting the shipment on time and freaking out. Even if I changed manufacturers I would have anxiety attacks for the first couple of days. Tianeptine is dangerous stuff and more than likely will be banned from commercial use. I would not want to be addicted to this stuff when that happens. Sounds like you are making good progress with your tapering. It will get tougher the lower you go but stay motivated and get off that stuff. Good luck to you.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Yeah, good luck LNF! You're not too bad off if your only taking 285mg a day. I was up to 2 grams daily at the height of it. The wd were so bad I had to use Tramadol. Thank god it worked and I was able to quit all opiates in about 2 weeks of stopping Tianeptine.

This is probably one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do but it's your life. (And your wallet!) I wish you the best of luck and I'll pray for you. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good luck to ya make sure to check back in. Kinda worried the others (jaddy, cherry) haven't posted in awhile. It's a serious bad state of mind you can make really bad decisions in WD say the least, I know I have, don't underestimate it even at couple hundred mg, the 3rd & 4th days hit hard. I'm pretty much done with tia forever, though my life is serioiusly hard without it right now. Oh yeah I actually did use phenibut like jaddy said to do, it works to get some sleep, but got a form of RLS from phenibut too, can you believe that. CBD prob wouldn't have agreed with me but options are good. This is getting incoherent so just good luck.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm so glad I found this post. Ive been using tianeptine off and on for two years and have never had a problem. Until recently. The first year I'd use it 3 times a week at about 50 mg per day. No big deal. I loved the anti anxiety effects of it and it helped me relax while staying clear focused. The only negative was a few times that first year I'd get RLS but never bad enough where I needed to see a doctor. Like I said it only happened a few times. Also I noticed I'd get mildly quick tempered but not to where I felt like I had a problem.

This went on for about 8 months. I was taking it 3 times per week at about 50 mg per day with no addiction or withdrawal symptoms. After 8 months I moved from Arizona to Kentucky where I lived for 3 months. Same story in Kentucky: 3 times per week at 50 mg per day with no addiction or withdrawal symptoms.

Then I moved back to Mississippi where I have lived for the past year. The first couple of months were the same as Arizona and Kentucky. Then I got off of it for about 6 months because I ran out and my vendor stopped carrying it and I didn't care because I wasn't hooked.

About 3 months ago for some reason I started researching online and found another vendor. I was trying to cut back on my drinking so I figured I'd start taking T again so maybe it would help with that. Dumb mistake. One I fully regret.

I am stupid and did not research this drug properly. I knew it was a TCA from France that tickled opioid receptors but had no idea the severity of the addiction potential.

About 3 months ago I started taking T again and that's when this night mare started. I upped my dose a little from the first time to help with the alcohol and it worked. I'd get up and take 1-2 50 mg doses per day before eating and it worked like a dream. I cut back on my drinking and lost weight. The extra T made me feel AMAZING like I was a new person. Zero anxiety, lots of confidence. This went on for about 3 months as I had bought a 3 months supply. I ran out Monday and didn't think anything of it and ordered some more. Today is Friday. The last 4 days have been absolute hell on earth. The bowels of hell have been released on my soul.

The first 2 days, Monday and Tuesday, weren't too bad, but Wednesday Thursday and today have been an absolute nightmare while waiting for the next shipment to come in. I am the most depressed I've ever been in my life. The withdrawal symptoms have been a nightmare and hell on earth. I am depressed, light headed and confused. To make matters worse, I've been having to go to work the last two days while going through this and also I've been keeping this from my wife because i don't want her to worry. She has enough on her plate right now.

But me. This is the worst I've ever felt in my life. I feel loopy and have no sense of smell. I feel like part of myself, my soul is missing. I feel like I've lost a part of me and I'm scared I'll never get it back. When the T comes in today I will probably take it, not because I want to keep taking it but because I feel this is something that needs to be tapered off of. No drug should be quit cold turkey. I'm learning this the hard way. Did I mention I havent slept in 2 days?

If you have any additional advice I am willing to listen.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Update: I had every intention of coming home and not telling my wife and taking the tianeptine. But I told her and let her pour it down the drain. I dont know why I told her, but I did. I think I might make it through this. I can maybe see the light at the end of the tunnel. The withdrawal symptoms are lessening. Maybe I've made it through The worst of it.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yeah dude days 3-4 were always the worst for me and it's a popular pattern. if you got that biology and you were already 4 days cold turkey I think she did you a favor believe me, it's better you told her and it happened that way, it didn't sound like you were on the several-gram doses so you would've just prolonged the suffering. Days 3-4 are like, even if you were the most anti-social hermit in the world you'd still wish someone was there. Well that's good you'll be okay
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

that's close to what I did actually... I screwed up earlier this summer and ordered tia again... it was a dumb thing to do, went thorugh another WD not posted here. when it was over it just hit like 'holy crap wtf am I doing' and flushed a whole 10g jar. haven't been near an opioid since, but I realize now it's just a few months and I can't really brag til it's been at least a year and I can function properly without it. life is hard.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Tired Cat thanks for the response. Update: it's been one week since my last dose of T. Days 3-4 were hell on earth and days 5-6 weren't a walk in the park either. I'm actually starting to feel like myself again. I'm very fortunate that I made it out. I'm looking forward to starting back on my hobbies and enjoying life SOBER. I'm also looking forward to being in my daughter's life and being a good father, because honestly, she's the main reason I stopped. She deserves a good childhood and a father who isn't checked out on opiates all the time.

Sobriety is a gift and life is a gift. I never want to be in that place again.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Help...

Originally Posted by SoberJohn View Post
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to write tonight about my battle with the drug Tianeptine for many reasons but the most important so that those out there struggling with the same demon know that there is a path to sobriety from this demon and I wanted to share my path to that battle. I know I googled "Tianeptine" many times in search for something that worked to get away from this horrible drug many times with no real luck so hopefully this will serve as a new updated fight that will help others.

I quit drinking January 19th 2015. I remember I got ****-faced after an NFL play-off game on beer and whiskey and literally had enough of being the person I was. Fast forward 4 months of not drinking and my addictive voice was searching for the next best thing. I was bored in my sobriety and wanted to know what would make me feel better. I was always interested in Noopterics (sp?) for the brain as I had been feeling down and wanted to naturally feel better. I frequent these forums everyday and someone posted their struggle with the demon "Stablon" which is Tianeptine. The post read a horrifying tale of getting hooked on this stuff, increasing dosages and not being able to shake it. You have to love the addictive voice because in my dementia I thought "Perfect" exactly what I need because it makes you feel good like opiates but its legal but I'll be real careful so as to not get addicted like these poor souls that wrote this post. (yea Right!!!)

I researched Tianeptine thoroughly online and saw that it actually improved brain cognition and helped alcoholics from relapsing. I was finding all the positive about the T drug and ignoring the negative until one day I bought it online. Now Tianeptine is available from about 100 online noopteric stores and they sell it in powder form so that you have weigh it out and encapsulate it on your own. So I bought a good MG scale, some empty capsules and 10G of Tianeptine. The normal dosage for Tianeptine is 37.5mg a day administered in three doses. I tried that the first day with no results and on the second day I shot that first dose to 100 mg and sat back and got high. The feeling is just like an opiate but very short lived. I knew from that first mega dose I was in trouble. This was April 2015 and I was 4 months sober from alcohol. A couple days later I started drinking again too.

My doses started at 1 per day of 100 mg and quickly progressed to about 250mg 3 times a day as the tolerance builds incredibly fast. Some prro folks I have read get up to about 5G a day which is terrifying. I knew I had a serious problem in October of 2015 when I woke at 6:00 AM in full blown opiate withdrawal. My stomach hurt, every muscle in my body ached. I was sweating but freezing. My eyes burned and were swollen and I was exhausted even though I slept over 10 hours. My mistake was Tianeptine in the Sodium form only lasted 4 hours in the body and I had slept 10 hours. I quickly re-dosed as soon as I got up and felt 100% better. Tianeptine is an anti-depressant that helps many people used at the lower doses but used in large doses activates the mu opiod receptors in the brain just like opiates. Now I started thinking about my dilemma as Tianeptine is a drug that is legal in the USA but it is also not regulated in the USA so that means you go to the doctor to claim that you have a problem and the Doctor has no clue what the hell you are talking about. No one knows what Tianeptine does to the body at the mega doses that I was taking so that added to my anxiety ten-fold. To add to my problems I had started drinking again heavily to calm myself down from the anxiety of discovering my Tianeptine addiction but again I knew I was in trouble back in April.

I googled everything I knew about Tianeptine and became a makeshift chemist overnight. I learned that I could take the Free Acid form of the drug at night as it had a longer half life and I could avoid withdrawals during the night. So I was dosing 250mg three times a day of the sodium form of Tianeptine and dosing 450mg of the Free Acid form before going to bed.

I learned how people were taking loperamide (Imodium AD) to help battle their opiate addiction and I followed suit. If Tianeptine tickled the same receptors as opiates than the loperamide had to work. Loperamide is an opioid from the 1950s and ingesting large doses of it fed the brain enough to curb an opiate appetite and a few days of this was able to get an addict back on their feet. I tried this recipe and found that Loperamide had no effect on Tianeptine for me. I have read that it has helped some people but everyone is different in the brain chemically so please don't take my story as the gospel. I took incredible amounts of loperamide and it did nothing but make me sick to my stomach. Now I was terrified because if loperamide didn't work I would be left to nothing but the clear cut withdrawal of Tianeptine which from what I read and felt for myself was just as bad a heroine. (No Joke)

About this time I remembered that I overcame my benzo addiction a couple of years ago because I was proactive and looked up online a tapering program involving a short half-life benzo mixed with a long half-life benzo. I took it to my doctor and he prescribed me the needed meds and I stepped off my benzo addiction with zero withdrawals. If I could do that with benzos I knew I could solve the Tianeptine withdrawals formula and I did for myself and it was Tramadol.

Tramadol is a synthetic opiate that is basically a pain killer that creates no high. More importantly it attaches to the same opiate receptors that Tianeptine does. It is highly addictive if taken in high doses and for a lengthy period. A lengthy period is considered anything over 12 days. I was prescribed the Tramadol by my doctor along with some Gabapentin and started taking the very next day.

On Tianeptine I was unable to go more than 4 hours before I had to re-dose so a couple days before Christmas I woke up and took 3 (50mg) tablets of Tramadol and I felt no withdrawal symptoms from Tianeptine. At lunch I took another 3 (50mg) tablets and still felt fine. At night time I took 2 (50mg) of Tramadol and felt fine and slept through the night. I was suffering physical withdrawal still as my legs were restless but the tramadol helped it tremendously and the bad withdrawal symptoms were absent. I had made it a whole day without any Tianeptine and only an addict would understand that accomplishment. I continued my Tianeptine cleanse using Tramadol and Gabapentin over the next 8 days following the below tapering method:

Tuesday-

Wednesday-

Thursday-
Tramadol: 100mg (morning)-150mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Friday-
Tramadol: 100mg (morning)-100mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Saturday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-100mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Sunday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-50mg (lunch)-100mg(after dinner)

Monday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-50mg (lunch)-50mg(after dinner)

Tuesday-
Tramadol: 50mg (morning)-None (lunch)-50mg(after dinner)

Wednesday-
Tramadol: None (morning)-None (lunch)-50mg(after dinner)

Thursday-
No Tramadol or Gabapentin

I had to dose 20mg (10 pills)of loperamide Thursday and Friday to jump off the Tramadol without getting addicted to it. Unlike Tianeptine, loperamide extinguishes Tramadol cravings.

I had little to no withdrawal symptoms using this method and I even went out to the movies and restaurants while withdrawing. I am sitting here today on a Saturday completely clean from Tianeptine and I have to say I feel really good that I can sleep without worrying and wake without being in withdrawal. My eyes no longer burn like they used to and my anxiety is almost nil. I am a lucky one because I had the drive to break loose of Tianeptine because I was terrified that I wasn't going to make it out. I hope my post serves as some type of help to someone out there struggling with Tianeptine and for those thinking of doing Tianeptine please re-read this post and DO NOT EVEN THINK OF DOING TIANEPTINE EVER!!!!!!!

Things to remember:

1) Gotta want to quit-don't do this method if you plan on using as you could find yourself addicted to Tramadol and Tianeptine.

2) Tramadol doesn't work for everyone as you must have the correct liver enzyme to process it. Some people take it and get sick and it does nothing and some, like me can take it and it is a god send. Please be aware of that.

3) We are all addicts but respect the power of these drugs or you might end up addicted to more than one. I knew that Tramadol was addictive and respected the fact that I did not want to be addicted to it so I tapered aggressively off of it. Please, please, please do not trade one addiction for another. Respect the drugs.

I know most on here will tout that I am stupid or full of it but this is what worked for me and I had no other choice and I hope it works for someone else out there struggling.
Good luck to all of you struggling to beat this addiction along with alcohol. It is not easy but it is possible my friends.
If you have any questions please let me know via this post or PM.

Hello. I have been on Tianeptine for almost 2 years, high dose for Fibromyalgia. The UPS has dropped the ball again. This will be my 3 time withdrawing in 2 weeks. My husband and I are getting ready to head to the docs for help. I would like to share your info and see if he will help us. I had no idea of the withdrawals or after effects of this devil powder and have wanted off for at least 9 months. I am scared to death right now. I have PTSD from medicine. Long story. So I don't see doctor's as good helpers. Any advice and many prayers please? I don't want to die from this.. I never would have took the first dose of I had known of the actual effects. Your posts give me hope. I barely have a tiny dose left and know what is coming.. Thanks for sharing..
Old 10-05-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Help...

Originally Posted by Jasper77 View Post
Hey John! Glad you're still out there.

I've been off Tianeptine for 6 months and doing good. Recovery from this drug is possible. I remember the hopelessness of it and how I felt so stuck. There is hope and there is life after Tianeptine.

Hey, did you use John's method to get off or did you go cold turkey? Going to doctor to help within a couple hours. Really struggling, scared to death...