Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

A Walk on the Dark Side: My Struggle and Release with Tianeptine

Notices

A Walk on the Dark Side: My Struggle and Release with Tianeptine

Old 11-30-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Tomorrow will be day 14 since last TIA sulfate dose, and Day 5 off Tramadol and Gabapentine.

I whole hearty believe forcing myself to switch to the Free Acid then months later to the Sulfate form helped make all this possible. The 2 week adjusting period with the sulfate wasn't pleasant and/or easy. I was 87 days in with P90X workouts during this switch. I had to work my job during this whole period, I perform a field service within the medical field, requires lots of customer interaction. 6 months ago I convinced myself I would need 2-4 weeks off of work to even have a chance. The tapering of sulfate while increasing the Gabapentine and Tramadol worked for me. Being a prior10 year heroin addict, 3 year methadone slave, then obtaining 2 years of sobriety. Falling into 15 months of TIA slavery was enough and had me at my witz end. I still have some anxiety, sleep is getting better, the libido is coming back. The total drop off of libido/erections was one of my worst physical side effects being addicted to TIA, also the insane sensitivity to COLD. That was bonkers.

I hope everyone finds their path to freedom, I almost checked myself inpatient before combing SJ's method while searching deep on my past experinces to find that wholeheartedly will to wanna quit.

My Life, My Family, My Friends
Old 11-30-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats Foreverquit! That's huge! This method worked for me too. all I needed was that extra little help Tramadol can give. But I still had to fight for my recovery. I guess we're still heroes then. God... what a bum drug Tianeptine was... almost killed me.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

What is the difference between the free-acid and sulfate? I thought they were the same. Thanks in advance!!

Want to add a congrats to Foreverquit!
Seems the time period of taking it until the time deciding to stop is so close with a lot of us.
14 months so far for me........
Old 12-07-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

The found a stark difference between sodium/free-acid/sulfate. The free-acid had 1/2 the potency of the sodium while increasing onset and duration of effects by a factor of 2. I wouldn't show withdrawal symptoms sometimes for 5 hours or more with a high enough dose of the free-acid. This was my TIA of choice for a good portion of my TIA usage. I found the sulfate provided NO rush of euphoria which made it hard to time dosages correctly sense this was what I was use to experiencing/chasing this feeling with the sodium and even the free-acid forms, but the sulfate was clearly doing something to keep major withdrawal symptoms at bay for those finale weeks/switch.

I am averaging 5 hours of sleep a night at this point, sometimes less sometime more, stopped all low dosages of benzos 4 days ago that I was randomly using during the taper-withdrawal for anxiety/sleep emergencies. I am looking forward to finding normalcy again.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Advice

Well i was on 5-7 grms a day of the free acid. I was only on the stuff for 3 mos total and that is how high my dose got. Just started Suboxone 3 days ago and its only helping the wd symptoms about 50 percent! This drug is nuts. Now im thinking i should have gone the Tramadol route. Anyone ever used Sub to come off Tia. Im shocked its not working as it has gotten me off harder opiates in the past
Old 12-09-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trapt4lifeski View Post
I know exactly what you mean as I have done the same a few times in my life at rock bottoms. I was literally anywhere from 10 to 30 bags of heroin a day for 8 years. Potent and IV plus daily crack hits daily alcohol and all types of hard drugs. I did lots of ecstasy meth and shot up special k to get out of dope sickness and well as smoking tons of pot. Not bragging. I wanted to not wake up and felt like the biggest scumb in earth. I hit bottom so bad I stopped cold turkey and the withdrawals were so intense someone called an ambulance and this hospital gave me methadone and they never gave methadone to anyone. I left next day and had seizure from the volume and alcohol I'd take daily with the heroin and alcohol. I locked myself in the house with no meds or drugs and went through it and made it out the other side. It took about 12 days to feel better and started to eat but was severely depressed. It was the hardest but doable and each day got a little better. And I detoxes before using methadone and that worked awesome when I had to finally stop. I then had well over a decade clean from everything. Not a drop of alcohol no pot, no drugs period. With this I swear nothing relieves it. I lost my gallbladder and my kidney and liver were showing all types of bad levels and I was in so much stomach pain. They gave me opiates bc I didn't tell them due to high profile about tianeptine. The morphine, oxycodone and fetanol did not work. I had to mix in tiapetine with it. Reduced the amount but the withdrawals were too unbearable. I have been forced on many occasions to stop bc of running out mail orders taking too long etc. and no matter what I tried even all the times I was at bottom and tried on my own nothing would give me any form of relief and I would go three days and still not any relief and no sleep and all of the horrific gross symptoms and me insane running around hopping in tubs and feeling like my brain was exploding and ready to die. Took lots of Xanax to sleep and it would put me out for ten minutes if I was lucky and I'd sprig right back up and pace and fall and overheat. Blood pressure sky rocketing. I don't know why my chemistry won't respond to another regiment. They all intensify the withdrawal. I'm at bottom. I'd do anything to stop & I can't miss anymore work. There has to be something that my chemistry will connect with for a little bit of bearability. I can tolerate a lot of pain but this is insanity. Not sure why it's so severe w me. I know people may think I'm just giving up but I'm telling u I'm not and have tried so hard and put together the most four days from ******** and it was still crazy to point were I couldn't do it any more. I'll stop if this is too much for this forum. Let me know if it inappropriate. Thanks for listening.
Oh God. That is the hardest message i have read.
First of all, KEEP UP. There should be a solution.
Second, did you thought of making comprehensible list of all the substances that you have used till now for WD and see if there are others not tested yet?
Third and very important, this is a question , do you receive your tia from the same vendor?
I had a very similar WD to one you have with one specific vendor, not that hard with some other
which makes wonder if there is a additional problematic substance.
The WD from that specific Tia was so hard that i had almost halucinations, i was crying from disorientation while moving from a warm bath to a bed every half hour where i couldn't stop my whole body from shaking,
RSL to madness, sweating so strong that every tshirt was entirely drenched in 10 mn, state of extremely deep anxiety and
desperate acute depression, cold to the bones and blind to anything else then my state.
the worst i have experienced in entire my life.

I am curious to know how large are your doses, how many times a day?
I am in a grey area of trying to stop without stopping, but i have read any possible literature, posts and comments
for months plus experimented few possibilities.
My experience showed me that one substance does not help, i needed a combination of few to have something resembling
half normal state. My last WD as my delivery was late (European country) was kept on tolerable levels with the combo of tramadol (300mg a day), CWE codeine 700mg a day, high doses loperamide and very minimal doses of Tia for me which is 150mg 3 times a day in condition that i take 7G a day usually.

I wrote that cordyceps help a lot, they do actually , but unfortunately only when you tapper, not when you
go cold turkey. They did had a miraculous effect once, but the next time it worked less well, still
they help.
The glutamate levels are so over the top when you stop so in cases of such a virulent reactions so NDMA antagonist are considered as serious eventual help .Many say that DXM helps them to tapper as it lowers the opioid threshold.
Gabapentine is cited very often as very important tool by other Tia users.

Next time i will consider for my self a very carefully administration of
tramadol/codein combo as they work badly apart, but when taken together
the help is serious.
loperamide
gabapentine
DXM
cordyceps
minimal doses of tia when things go real bad which mean that
i will do a mix between harsh tapering and cold turkey.

I will be really careful as the administration of so many drugs could be very dangerous, so
taking them demands a careful and very self observing administration.

I will try to do something else as well, one of the posts here talked about the replacement of Tia sodium which i presume you are taking with Tia free acid and sulphate.
Both are much less effective opiates while they are still the Tia family.
Ordering the sulphate version now, i have already tried it, it has Zero opiate effect.

But DO NOT GIVE UP.
I will try to stop before the end of the year, i am seriously tired, my life is suffering immensely and
as everyone i am really afraid of WD, seen the one i mentioned above.

Keep us posted!
Old 12-12-2016, 02:36 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

i am tapering aggressively from 10g a day to 1g in four days with the help of gabapentin, dxm, proclaimed and 3 x150mg tramadol pills so far.
The WD from 10g cold turkey is impossible so i decided to tapper.
Gabapentin is the major player, tramadol work well in combo , but alone is absolutely useless for me.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I reread the initial post of SoberJohn and i remarked that he was taking Gabapentin in combo with the tramadol and since i have been trough number of WD from tia i think that it is the Gabapentin that actually calms the symptoms and not tramadol as i mentioned before that i already tried to clam WD with tramadol only and it doesn't work at all.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Sorry, in my first post i wrote Proglumide , but the auto correction turned into
proclaimed..
Old 12-12-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Well I was able to quit Tianeptine with Tramadol alone. It really stopped withdrawl from happening since it's an opiate. And it lasts for 15 hours or more before the sickness starts. Then I slowly dropped the Tramadol and I withdrew a little at a time until I got down to 25mg Tramadol for an entire day. And then it was easy... I just needed to take it when I got the opiate sickness. I didn't stick to a schedule... only when I really needed it and then just enough to not get sick. And you gotta want it. That's for sure. For me I just couldn't do it anymore. I was getting sick. I am better now but I still worry about the long term effects. We'll see.

But yeah... it's not that hard to quit this stuff if you really want to. I went through it and seriously it's not that bad.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

1,5g par day! From 10g 5 days ago.
Gabapentin,dxm, proglumid and eventually a tramadol combo with codeine, but not necessary .
And one of the most interesting part is that 250 doses work better now then 1g doses a week ago. My tolerance treshold is lowered seriously and i have a good effect from the up mentioned 250mg dose.
Will keep on lowering 100mg par day and see where it will bring me
with the help of gabapentin,dxm and proglumid.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Well it's been about 3 months since I quit. Here's an update.

I'm still opiate free! And cannabis free as well. I have to admit the cannabis helped my depression after quitting the opioids but I knew it was dragging me down as well. I just didn't realize that after taking drugs for so long I could be alright without them. But I am! And I feel ok. At first going completely sober was boring as heck... but as the days went by my body (and mind) stopped complaining so much. Then it was like normal.

So it's really possible to come back from drug addiction. I just try to avoid triggers like hanging with druggy friends, watching druggy movies, ect. Anything that will make me crave it. And I think with time I can even stop worrying about that as my lifestyle changes toward a sober attitude of mind.

On a physical level my kidneys are doing fine so I'm glad. No more pains anywhere in my body. And the purple patches under my eyes and finger tips are gone as well. Get off this stuff as soon as you can cuz it's poison your putting inside you...

Hope everyone still struggling and wants off this drug finds their way soon. There is a way to live sober and it's totally doable. It's not that bad and you'll be free of all the negative things you gotta do.

Peace.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Jasper

D
Old 01-24-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Joining this thread in hopes of more people seeing or reaching out. I hate feeling alone

So I don't know where to even start. Man I have really dug myself in deep. I really need help guys, so I'll ask the most important question first, for those of you with anti depression history or knowledge. Will my mind ever be the same again. The drug is called tianeptine and it doubles as an opiod in higher doses but its main action is a TCA or tricyclics antidepressant or something like that. The onset of the withdrawals include a huge urge of dysphoria and make this nonsense end no matter the cost. I'm just worried I will never be happy again or my brain will always feel zapped.
Anyways, my story goes as this. I'm a 23 year old drug addict. I've never known that better than now. About 2 years ago I was sent to rehab for hydrocodone addiction for what I thought was the lowest I could have been. Within 3 days at treatment I was at almost 100%. And I've been through the opiate withdrawal fight a few times. Well fast forward to more recent. About six months ago I found an evil little drug called tianeptine. The first time I tried it I remember it gave me a nice little rush of euphoria and from that moment on it was all hell breaking loose. All while working a full time job with high responsibilities, I managed to up my way to where I was about 2 months ago at about 5 grams a day. This amount is unreal high considering the standard dosing is 12.5 mg 3 times a day. When it got that high I knew I could no longer sustain that or I would die or something. So I dropped off it. And found myself in an unforgiving hell hole. I was in such a way that my mom ended up taking me to the hospital because the doctor didn't know what to do with me. The hospital did nothing. Except make me feel worse about myself and put me in a spot of more self pity. I broke down that day and ordered more tianeptine for it to arrive the next day. From there on I went on binges on and off until the last two weeks it was getting bad again. Last night I put my foot down with my girlfriend and she is somehow sticking with me through this no matter how depressed I come out. I really wish I could taper I really do. But that would require hundreds of dollars and the short half life requires hourly dosing and with my work that is really difficult. Also my girl is fed up with me trying to taper and I absolutely understand why. I don't have the willpower for it I don't think. So now I'm at work at 6am feeling absolutely like dogshit. Unfortunately the workload is high this week, and I don't have a way to take it easy. I really need some support guys I'm doing everything I can to stay away from the order button because I know I can't do the taper thing but it seems so nice right now compared to this.
Somehow right now I will admit it is not near as unbearable as the first time I went through this. I don't know if it's the good lord having my back for some reason or if my mind is just getting used to it. It should be at 100% withdrawal at this point so. I gotta do this guys I got a lot resting on it. My job and the girl I wanna marry. But most of all I don't want this drug in my life anymore. I don't want to rely on a substance. I need to break this chain.
I have the following at my disposal to help:
Loperamide: to try and ease the opiate receptor pains

Valerian root

OTC pain relievers

And L theanine

I ordered tianeptine sulfate and phenibut that will be here tomorrow.
The sulfate is a longer acting version that doesn't have the abuse potential of the sodium. All it will do is ease the mental side of things. The phenibut is for sleep as gabapentin and things like that are the only reported things that help for rls from this drug. Not even benzos cut it. Of course my girlfriend is going to be giving these out to me to make sure I don't **** up. If anyone has any advice I surely welcome it...

UPDATE: Day 2.
Somehow managed to get about 5-6 hours of sleep last night. Im not sure how. I had no medication to assist that besides otc stuff as i don't get any medical relief for 6 more hours.
Still feels like i got no sleep at all though, and im doing everything i can to drudge through.
I almost broke down and ordered more sodium but thinking about my girl and my health i called the company and got it canceled thank god.
Really struggling this morning as i am at work once again. I just pray my uselessness isn't too much lol. Wish me luck
Old 01-24-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

So I got my tia sulfate and phenibut. It's only been 45 min since dosing but man I'm already reaping the benefits.
So far the benefits are
Far less aching
Mood slowly improving
And energy increasing

I will say obviously the sulfate is nothing like the sodium for with the sodium within 5 min of taking I'd be like a kite again. But right now I just feel solid and confident
Old 01-24-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

The way 3 people so far (including me) on this thread did it was to use Tramadol. Read through all the first and second page posts. The Tramadol takes the craves and sickness away. Gone. Tolerable at least. And then you slowly bring down the Tramadol which is way easier to drop than Tianeptine.

I know exactly what you're going through. The first sickness off Tianeptine is the worst. The second not so bad. Been there. But for me I still couldn't get it done without Tramadol. Maybe you can. I'm just telling ya how it went for me.

Yeah, hang in there. It takes like 10 days to get Tramadol off online pharmacies. Maybe ask your doctor. Plead with him that you need at least 20 100mg Tramadols. And really stick to your regiment. I was able to quit on 20 of them. I'm not condoning this. I'm just saying it worked for me. It was a godsend this thread cuz I'm finally free of all opiates.

You know what to do if you want to talk. Take it easy.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Im beginning to feel better at this point.
My only question is at what point would you guys say you began to feel normal mood wise.
I seem to find myself in some really low points like this morning, balling my eyes out for no reason. I really do have a good life. I just want to be excited about the things i used to be. Like hanging with family, or playing games, exercising. Idk. I just feel hopeless
Old 01-27-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

struggling today, Not sure if taking the sulfate reset my withdrawals or not. I only had a very small amount so it really shouldnt have. Feeling alot of anxiety today. And really fighting myself on ordering more so i can end this pain by tomorrow. I need help fellas. I just want to be the old me. Im trying to convince myself to take my girl out on a date instead of buying more. But its so hard. I know you guys have had success with gabapentin and tram but i have no access to those drugs. My doctors wont even consider them. And there is no way i could find it. Not to mention the money aspect...
Old 01-28-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good job so far. I really admire you going off Tianeptine like that.

This thread is pretty dead of late. Why not try starting a new thread? I'm sure you'll get more posts that way.

Let us know how you do. You are a really brave for doing this. Keep going! Everyday is one day closer to freedom.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I started a new thread but didnt have much luck with answers and what not. But even yours alone every now and then helps alot. Luckily the sulfate didnt reset them i was just re entering withdrawals, so i will def say that it was worth it to have a few hours of relief if anything. The phenibut helped as well like gabapentin would. But its short action compared to a whole day was scary and the fact that i would have to dose twice a day was scary since people say they enter withdrawals from that after 3 days of dosing. So i managed to taper that down on the last day. Its always amazed me how things like benzos and stuff have never tickled my fancy. Idk i guess im an at heart opiate user. And i seem to be doing alright right now. Still sore and tired but mentally looking up. Ive started to see an lcdc counselor because i know i gotta start being active to avoid this again.
Anyone that finds this post needs to know its 100% possible to get through this cold turkey. I was up to 5 grams a day and im sitting here a week later much more confident and feeling better.