Notices

Coming off 500mg of codeine

Old 10-06-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coming off 500mg of codeine

Hi everyone. I am on day 8 of CT from over the counter pain pills. I think I was taking anything from 32 -42 per day. I have been doing this on and off for about 5 years. The WDs have been and are pretty awful but I only took half a day off work and I seem to be over the worst now. I so want this quit to stick I am so tired of chemist hopping, being broke, lying and deceiving family and friends. Also the high I got was minimal and short lived. I have been here before and said similar but I am praying that this is my last quit. They get harder each time. Today on day 8 I am feeling positive and counting my many blessings that are in my life. Of course I have issues, we all do but also lots to be thankful for. Even the desire to quit is something to be thankful for. I hope you all have a good day and succeed in your struggles whatever they may be
Old 10-07-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're on the road to recovery again Startingover444

D
Old 10-07-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good God that's a lot of Codiene!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes it was a lot. And a lot of ibuprofen mixed in. The trouble with opiates is that you need more and more to get the feeling that you crave. It scares me to think where it would have ended up
Old 10-11-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 13 and feeling good. Really hoping this time it will be different. I now need to tackle my alcohol consumption. I had 6 years sober and then started again last year. I notice now that I am not taking opiates alcohol really doesn't suit me. It makes me feel dull and low the next day. If I don't drink one day, I definitely feel happier the next. I know it might sound obvious. But it is these little things that drive me forward
Old 10-12-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome job. One day at a time bud. Every morning when I wake up I think how much harder it would be to get moving hung over and I'm thankful.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

25 days codeine free. Very proud, and now thinking of giving up the booze. I have committed to 30 days come Monday. I know I can do this and I know there will be some days that are tough, Ultimately though it will be the most satisfying and gratifying thing I ever do for myself. Wish me luck
Old 10-23-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations, Startingover444.

I think it's AWESOME that you have quit codeine and are now quitting booze. Please keep posting!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good work SO444. Not an easy thing to do and from such a high daily dose. Keep on...and best of luck giving up alcohol! You can do it.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes startingover

D
Old 10-23-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate your support. I have been sober and clean before and I loved it. I loved the fact I was in control of my life and I did things that made me happy. Looking forward to those feelings again.

However I am under no illusion that it will be challenging at times, but so very worth it
Old 10-24-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Night owl

It's so great to see you posting! And you are doing so amazing on quitting the codeine too! That was a huge dose and it's amazing and impressive you could go cold turkey like that. With each day you're getting stronger and stronger and building up your ability to keep moving forward.

It's also terrific you're tackling the alcohol too. Just try and remember to be patient with and kind to yourself. You deserve to be treated with gentleness.

I hope you will keep posting. I would like to know how you're doing and you know there's lots of support when you hit the rough patches. Plus I'm just glad to "see" you again.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you Lyoness. Today is my day 1 off alcohol. I cannot wait to get through the initial cravings so that sobriety is once again part of my life.

How are things with you?
Old 10-26-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Startingover444 View Post
. I have been sober and clean before and I loved it. I loved the fact I was in control of my life and I did things that made me happy. Looking forward to those feelings again.
For me it also helps to remember how good I felt and can feel clean and sober! And to think positive that I can be healthy, happy, whole and whole lot better! That helps keep me motivated and on the right track.

Blessed Be...
Old 10-26-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by Startingover444 View Post
Thank you Lyoness. Today is my day 1 off alcohol. I cannot wait to get through the initial cravings so that sobriety is once again part of my life.

How are things with you?
Congratulations! You can do this! I have a lot of faith in you and I hope you do in yourself, too. I'm so inspired by your courage, I hope I can find it within myself, too.

I'm doing better today. I got out into the real world and it feels good. I've been locked up with all my belongings but not being able to unpack them and I really needed a change of scene. Plus I need to get among people, I tend to hide a LOT!

I hope this first day is going well for you and that you'll feel all of our support and love for you.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
For me it also helps to remember how good I felt and can feel clean and sober! And to think positive that I can be healthy, happy, whole and whole lot better! That helps keep me motivated and on the right track.

Blessed Be...
Thank you TTO! Yes, I know how good it feels. Even today I feel queasy but still better than before!!! Plus I am feeling passionate about things which is always a good sign
Old 10-27-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
Congratulations! You can do this! I have a lot of faith in you and I hope you do in yourself, too. I'm so inspired by your courage, I hope I can find it within myself, too.

I'm doing better today. I got out into the real world and it feels good. I've been locked up with all my belongings but not being able to unpack them and I really needed a change of scene. Plus I need to get among people, I tend to hide a LOT!

I hope this first day is going well for you and that you'll feel all of our support and love for you.
You will Lyoness. All of a sudden something will click and you will realise how strong you are. We all know it, but you just need to realise it too!!!

Isolating is one of our worst habits as addicts and people with mental health problems. We are our own worst enemies.

Day one done, day two is looking good too! I feel a bit sick but I think that might just be par for the course. I KNOW I am doing the right thing now
Old 10-31-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi there, how are things going? Is it getting any easier for you? I hope so. Check in when you can, thinking about you.
(((Starting over) ))
Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
Hi there, how are things going? Is it getting any easier for you? I hope so. Check in when you can, thinking about you.
(((Starting over) ))
Thank you Lyoness. Yes I am day 10 no booze and still no codeine. I am doing well although had some drinking and using dreams last night which was a bummer. All in all though I am soooooo grateful to have got off the merry go round of use abuse and generally wasting my life. Early recovery has its good points and also tough at times. The overwhelming feeling is thankfulness

And you? How are things with you? I do hope more settled and you are managing to work through some issues? You are such a strong person and you will never give up. I know that
Old 11-04-2015, 01:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

You are amazing StartingOver congrats on 10 days