Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 61!!

Old 11-26-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgiving, Hens and Roosters.

TB, ask your doctor if Voltaren cream/gel might be helpful for your shoulder pain. It rubs on, doesn't stink, works very well for me. I believe it's prescription in the US, has some cautions, it might thin the blood so if you're on any of those, your doctor will want to consider it, it's not mood altering. I cannot get along with my job without.

(((((Chicory)))). Thinking of you,

Love from Lenina
Old 11-27-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

^_^
Old 11-27-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good evening henhouse.

(((Lenina))) I have two large tubes of Voltaren cream somewhere from years ago when I got my knee replacement. It never touched the pain that I was having in my knee. Now I can't use it because of my heart. I have heart disease and it significantly increases the chance of a heart attack. My poor Dr. tried to prescribe me tramadol for the pain. I had to read him the riot act. He's in denial doesn't think tramadol is addictive.

He did prescribe an anti-inflammatory. I've been on that for over a week with no significant change to the pain or discomfort I'm having. I do have an appointment with him on the 1st. Maybe this time I can convince him to try cortisone shots. I was looking at homeopathic remedies for arthritis online. If I don't get any relief from the cortisone shots then I'm going to try a alternative medicine doctor.

(((Amy))) Hope all is well with you.

I don't know what's going on with our weather. I can't remember it being this crazy. Today was in the 70s and humid. It got so warm inside had to actually turn on the fans. In November? That's crazy. Well look at it on the bright side, at least my heating bill will be zero for the month of November.

Had a very quiet day. Dropped off the laundry at the laundry mat. Went out to have breakfast and then made the 12 o'clock meeting. The cats are fed and happy. I made a half rack of baby back ribs with a nice salad for dinner. Gonna watch me some TV and chill out for the rest of the night.

Shout out to all the missing hens and roosters.

Hugs and prayers to all
TB
Old 11-29-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying turkey sandwiches today LOL. My plans on having Thanksgiving over my place came to a complete halt. It did so when I realize the turkey I got was way too big for my RV little oven. Since I've already committed on having Thanksgiving over my place I had no choice but to take the crew out for Thanksgiving.

We went out to a restaurant call Jimmy's. The owner is in the fellowship so we got taken care of very well. I had turkey and all the fixings and cheesecake for dessert. We all had a blast and of course I picked up the bill.

I don't know what to wear at night anymore I give up on this weather where having, I swear. Yesterday was in the mid-60s and last night in the low 50s. According to the weatherman, the next few days it suppose to get much cooler with some rain.

You guys know I'm always battling with bronchitis. What was it 6 -7 weeks ago I ended up In the emergency room for bronchitis. Well yesterday when I got up I felt tightness around my chest. Plus, when I try to cough nothing wanted to come up and that's the sign that I'm going to get an upper respiratory infection. In case of new readers, I have COPD and emphysema from smoking cigarettes. I quit smoking in 2005 but it was too late for me and now I have to deal with the consequences.

Well anyway, I called the doctor's office yesterday and I got lucky someone canceled. After seeing the doctor he gave me a course of antibiotics and prednisone. I have a Nebulizer delivery device at home that I use every six hours to open the air passages. I have to be proactive when it comes to my lungs and health. The last thing I need in my life is to end up in the hospital with pneumonia.

The furbabies are doing great. Q is like me when it comes to the strange weather we been having. He doesn't know whether to stay on top of the blanket or get underneath LOL Mama on the other hand cares less whether it's hot or cold. Once she's curled up in her spot nothing bothers her.

Not much on the agenda for today. Just gonna rest and watch some football. Grateful for another day clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-29-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Nothing in this world makes me happier than watching my furbabies enjoying their meal

If you have any furbabies pictures you like to share I would love to see them.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-29-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

TB, them be some healthy looking cats!

It's cold for me here. Our Thanksgiving dinner was good. It was with friends and some new folks in our circle. We should have taken home some leftovers but didn't.

I'm struggling to keep my head out of black depression. I try to stay in the moment but it's just overwhelming

Got in touch with an old girlie and we talked for hours. Her last few years have been a nightmare. You couldn't make this stuff up! We've lived parallel lives in many ways. Her work situation is very similar to mine. The world is just crazy. But she's doing very well, coping...over coming...head up high. She's got the strength of ten I tell ya! So glad we've reconnected.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm back on the hamster wheel tomorrow. Hope I can manage.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-01-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

Here we are December 1st and its 55° humid and raining. It's supposed to go up into the mid-60s today.The rest of the week more the same. Don't laugh, but the projected weather for Christmas Day in the high 50s

I have a doctors appointment this morning. Hopefully the doctor will listen to me this time and give me the cortisone shots. Living with this pain in my right shoulder is not making me a happy camper these days.

(((Lenina))) I hope you're feeling better thinking of you.

(((Amy))) I hope all is well with you to.

Here is a picture of Q chilling. He's such a good boy.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-01-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good evening henhouse.

So I finally got to see the doctor this morning. I had an interesting chat with him. We both came to the same conclusion the medicine he prescribed is not working. So the next step would be to try cortisone shots.The problem is he doesn't do them in his office. So he gave me a referral to see the orthopedic doctor. I have to wait for the referral to be ready before I can make the appointment. Until then I'm gonna have to continue dealing with this pain and discomfort. I just hope when I call for an appointment they can get me in as soon as possible.

Other than that is been pretty quiet around here. As soon as I got back from the doctor's office I took a nap with the furbabies. I was planning on going food shopping but I slept longer than expected. Tomorrow's another day. The cats are fed and happy. Tonight for dinner I had steak strips with a nice salad. Just gonna relax and watch some TV until bedtime. Grateful for another day clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-02-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi TB,

Just popping in to commiserate with you on the arthritic shoulder. I have the same issue, and I've found nothing works better for me than herbal wraps that can be put in the freezer or microwave (I prefer the warm.) They even help me at room temp. I keep one in my nightstand and it has been a life saver. You can find reasonably priced ones on Amazon. Just be sure they have herbs in them and are not just rice.

Love to all~40
Old 12-02-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good evening, hens and roosters! Good to see this place keeps going. It has been a while since some have checked in.
I had a good Thnksgiving, but was a bit under the weather. It got me out of the kitchen , so i just tried to not share germs, and enjoyed listening to everyone talk at the same time. It was nice.

TB, I'm sorry you are still hurting, and hope you get those shots soob. Living in pain gets exhausting.
Lenina, i really hate to hear that you are struggling with depression. Have you tried meds? I finally got on an anti d, and feel much better. It's very mild, as i can only tell i have taken it from the lack of anxiety...i was struggling with depression, and anger, over some things i realized i must accept. I will stay on them for a while, then wean off them, for as long as i can . Usually many years will lapse before i decide to go back on them .
40, it's good to see you

love and hugs
Old 12-03-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good evening henhouse

Three weeks before Christmas and I went out today in T-shirt lol Last night was 65° and sticky. Couldn't sleep it was so warm last night. It was in the high 50s today and thank goodness tonight should be in the 30s.

(((40))) It's good to see you. I've never heard of a herbal wrap until now. So I googled it and did some research and guess what? I took your suggestion and ordered one from Amazon. It's a full neck and shoulder wrap. The one that I ordered has a blend of 12 different herbs. As soon as I get it and use it I'll let you know the results. Crossing my finger that it helps.

(((chicory))) Good to see you dear friend. I hope all is well with you. Did your son ever get that job? How are your furbabies doing? How's the weather holding up in your neck of the woods?

(((Lenina))) Hope your day is going well.

(((Amy))) I hope all is well with you to. How are the furbabies?

I was out all day at the VA. One of the guys from the Fellowship had to have a liver biopsy taken and couldn't drive because of the anesthesia. So he asked me to drive him and I was more than happy to. Poor guy has middle stage cirrhosis of the liver from all the years of drinking and drugging. I pray when he gets the results back It won't be bad news.

The day was so long when I got home from the VA I took a nice needed nap. Otherwise my day has been pretty quiet. Stopped at Boston market and picked up a roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and some veggies for dinner. Which I'm going to have right about now lol The cats are fed and content. I give them fancy feast wet food for dinner and have for many years. But today I tried a different brand of cat food called Sheba. I have to say they seemed to enjoy it. Nothing special planned for the rest of the night just going to watch some TV and relax. Grateful another day clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-03-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good evening hen housers! I'm still working on the stuff for my certification credits and am just ready to get over it.

Glad to see you all! I've never heard of herbal wraps either! I will tell dad as he's been complaining of both his shoulders aching. Thanks for letting us know, 40.

Our weather has been crazy, too. In the 70's some days, high 30's some nights. All furbabies are well, now have a possum that comes by frequently.

Chic - I'm glad you weren't on kitchen duty for Thanksgiving. Dad and I ate out so no cooking or clean up.

LeeLee - I'm so sorry the depression is trying to swallow you up I am glad you reconnected with another one of your girlies.

Mots is taking over my computer, Sammy tried to earlier. Mots is so talented he submitted the post before I was finished.

TB - We did the cortisone shots in our office when we still had a practice. It helped a lot of people. Love seeing Mama and Q so happy!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Last edited by Impurrfect; 12-03-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Mots, the typing cat
Old 12-06-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

Awakening – Sacred Place in my Heart

by Vanessa v c.2001

The world is alive,
with magic and with wonder,
I never saw these colors
so deep, so vibrant,
dancing in my heart.

Thank you my friend,
for waking me gently,
for touching my shoulder
for opening my eyes,
for feeling it all again.

You know my needs,
how to unlock my heart,
gently and with care,
guiding me along the path,
to freedom, love and trust.

You had the key I lost,
a gentle soul you are,
with wisdom grown of pain,
leading me from darkness
into light and joy.

So much has changed since then,
within me and around,
my feelings dancing,
my eyes and spirit laughing,
love overwhelming me to tears.

It is a quiet love,
deep and trusting,
of not believing yet,
how wonderful it is,
how deeply satisfying.

Yet there is strength,
growing, nurturing, expanding
the world within is alone no more
but connected with the universe,
gaining strength and trust.

You are the messenger,
an angel long anticipated,
to unfold the truth so gently,
to touch my heart
to bring my soul alive.

This love will never die,
never end, whatever is
it is devotion for such gifts,
Cause I would never know,
if you hadn’t found the key.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend.

The whether it's finally cooperating LOL It was a gorgeous weekend. In the 50s during the day and a brisk 20s at night. Perfect sleeping weather. I can't wait for the first snowfall.

I haven't been sleeping well lately. I need to make peace with my mom. As you all know she passed away a few years ago. Still, my feelings of resentment towards my mother have greatly intensified over the last few years. I had a dream with her the other night and when I woke up I was very angry at her. I can feel all the resentment I have towards my mother rear its ugly head again and now is taking up space in my head. Very uncomfortable feeling, a feeling I thought I'd let go long time ago. Apparently I have more work to be done.

I revisited my 4th and 5th step yesterday with my sponsor, well my resentments anyway. We both prayed for a solution. I need to overcome this hurdle once and for all so I can release this resentment I have towards my mother.

Me, trying to figure out why I have so much resentment towards my mother LOL

Guess what guys, I went to Walmart this weekend and bought a folding stool. It is difficult for me to be standing up all for a long period of time trying to clean dishes or trying to make dinner, so now I can sit down and take the pressure off my knees as I take care of my chores.

It folds up, how cool is that.

To this day I can't comprehend why people let their cats out. On my trip to Walmart there was another dead cat in the middle of the road. A beautiful young tabby that belong to someone it had a collar with a tag around its neck. I pulled over and gently dragged it away from the middle of the road. It just makes me so angry that people can be so irresponsible with their pets. I said a little prayer.

Not much going on today. If I feel up to it I might go shopping or pick up some Christmas cards. Grateful for another day clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

((((TB))). So sorry you had to tend to the cat. So sad. I hope the herbal wrap works for you, I do so much better with alternative medicines. Glad you have a new stool!

(((((40))) good to see you!

(((((Chic))) no, I don't do well on western medicine. I think it's mostly situational, my work place is very very stressful now with entirely too much nonsense and irritation. It used to be my safe place and now it's just not. People are so hateful to each other. I hope you're feeling better too.

(((((Amy))) the Old Mots was always a clever thing! I hope you're well and passed the certifications. I have one tomorrow, I went in and studied a bit. Our "new" system sucks.

I can't wait to go home. Actually, I want to be in a mountains away from haters and liars. I've missed doing my volunteer work as I never have time off anymore. And, after my "raise" I've realized it wasn't a raise at all. They've hiked up our insurance, cut back on this and that and I think when it's over, I'll be about in the same boat as before. In fact, I think there may be some real strife over the next months.

Sorry I'm not around too much. Hoping to snap out of it.

((((Damascus)))). Where you hide, little rabbit?

Love to all

Lenina
Old 12-09-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good evening Henhousers!!

TB - Great idea on the fold up stool! A guy I was in school with would have to ice his knees down anytime he did any walking.

LeeLee - I can only imagine how much stress you have going on at work. It doesn't sound like an easy fix, but am praying it calms down soon.

Chic - How is everything with you?

Damascus - I agree, where are you?

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-10-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

This fluctuation in the weather is driving me nuts I'll tell ya. In the beginning of this week it was sweet. Sleeping weather was in the 20s. But as the week progressed the weather started getting hotter. The next couple of days is supposed to be in the high-60s and at night in the 50s. I'm telling ya, I don't know what to wear anymore. It's funny though, I went to Walmart yesterday morning I seen people walking around in shorts. It's December for Christ sake. I felt so out of place because I had a sweatshirt on LOL

(((Amy))) How's the certification going are you still in the studying mode? How's the furbabies going?

(((Lenina))) I hated those days when i had to go to work and I couldn't stay in the moment because I was so busy projecting what was in store of me when I got to work. I'll be honest, I'm glad those days are over for me. Sending you prayers.

(((chicory))) (((Damascus)))

Going to run and take care of some errands and then go to my mailbox to see if the herbal wrap came in. I also ordered some cat stuff from Amazon to. Can you believe it's only 15 more days before Christmas. Time is flying by, It's scary.

Hugs and prayers to all.
TB
Old 12-13-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good evening henhouse.

I'm starting to believe global warming does exist. The weather has been so crazy that it has my internal weather instant is confused LOL I know the calendar says December but the way whether feels like April. Saturday was in the low 70s and today it reach 76. It was so hot in the RV today that I had to actually turn on the air conditioner. It's a late evening and it 65° and muggy.

I got a surprise call yesterday. My sister called me. Now remember the last time I spoke to her was a couple years ago when my mother passed away. Out of the blue she wants me to come over to her house next Saturday to have dinner. Our conversation was cordial which even confused me even more. So I agreed to have dinner over her house. Who knows, she might have compassion in her heart after all.

Otherwise everything is pretty quiet here. Cats are doing well. I made a nice roast chicken with garlic potatoes and salad for dinner which came out pretty good. I have a friend here at the campground who asked me if I wanted to take a trip to Virginia to pick up a car that he lend his sister and she doesn't need it anymore. There was something not kosher about the whole ordeal so I politely said no.

Gonna chill out watched the Patriots and Texan game in a few. That JJ Watt is one heck of a player. Patriots offensive line hasn't been playing up to par and I can see Brady on his butt a few times tonight. Grateful for another day clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-14-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

((TB) - I'm glad your sister called and you are going to have dinner with her!

Our weather has been crazy, too. This past weekend was up to 75, we'll be at 31 Fri. night.

I am waiting for the credits of a course I finished 2 weeks ago. If I don't get them in time, will have to pay for a course and my finances have been a major stress, lately.

My "herd" of cats is doing well, though Tiger seems to have allergies or something. He's been sneezing for a while, but now his eyes are watering. He looks pitiful, but if he gets a whiff of food, he comes running.

I hope everyone is okay and love you all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-15-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

sorry ive been a lil absent guys the holidays are busy. im doing great hope you guys are staying well yourselves.
my work computer has been acting up not letting me acess the site like i used to hopefully a new update soon.
life is good being clean!!!