Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 61!!

Old 11-12-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
After going through a gut wrenching fearless moral inventory. And admitting to my higher power of my understanding, to myself, and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongs. By practicing the spiritual principles of honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness. I was blessed with a spiritual awakening beyond my wildest dreams. Each one of us have our own path to go through to find a spiritual awakening of our own understanding. I pray you find yours.

Here are common signs of a spiritual awakening.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Oh definetly step 4 was a huge turning point!!! without it id be lost.

Ive only been clean 4 years so im sure there will be many more awakenings on different spiritual levels. its funny how this author came to me. my dad picked up one of his books at a garage salw( God is closer then you think) after reading and enjoying it i got the idea i may try more of his books. While watching a local preacher with my grandmother on tv one of the authours books was mentioned. then i expressed my want to read it. Guess what my 80 year old grandma opened the drawer and had that exact book!
Since then ive been reading many of his books, I realize NA and the program is a spirtiual place and everyones free to be their own religon and i respect that(My mother is hindu by the way) this is just part of a thing where my higher power was leading me.

if any of you wnat to check himout heres a link,

john orthberg | eBay

I hope i dont offend anyone openmindedness is so important to my recovery! im glad the hen house is back active again!!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
TB! That's wonderful about your being negative for hep c! What a blessing that must be. I am happy for you!
Thanks, I'm grateful to. Grateful to find a liver Dr. who would stand up on my behalf and fight the health insurance companies to pay for the Harvoni. The 12 week course of Harvoni cost over $100,000. There are many stipulations and guidelines that you have to pass before the health insurance companies pay for the medication.

Not only do you have to meet certain criteria, but once approved then comes the copayment for the medication. In my case out-of-pocket copayment was 3,500 a month. Multiply that by three months, 12 weeks, comes to 10,500. That's a lot of out-of-pocket money that I didn't have or could afford. Luckily the only pharmacy in my state that supplies Harvoni also helps you with getting grants to help with the out-of-pocket copayments.

The past traditional method of fighting hep C with Interferon and Ribavirin was the only way to fight hep C and it was very affordable. But the year-long treatment and side effects in my case were unbearable. I do feel somewhat guilty. I've watched over the years friends in the Fellowship go through hell every day using Interferon and Ribavirin treatment for their hep C. And here all I had to do was take one pill in the morning with no side effects and just went on with my day. And what really breaks my heart is most of my friends or people in the Fellowship cannot afford to get this new treatment for hep C.

I pray anyone living with hep C can qualify or afford treatment in the future. It would be a travesty for many Americans who will die of this disease because they can't afford the treatment.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-13-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Old 11-13-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse

I noticed there are a couple of people on sober recovery that are in need of pet food, mostly cat food. If you're in need of pet food and don't want no one to know your privacy. This is what you do. Set up a Amazon account which is free and set the privacy settings so no one can see your name or address. Then add to your wish lists the pet food you're in need this way anyone who wants to help out all they have to do is ask you for your Amazon link and then they purchase that item. And lo and behold in a few days it will arrive on your front door. Many people on here help me out in my time of need so I have no area and helping others in their time of need to. Just keep it real.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-13-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse

I noticed there are a couple of people on sober recovery that are in need of pet food, mostly cat food. If you're in need of pet food and don't want no one to know your privacy. This is what you do. Set up a Amazon account which is free and set the privacy settings so no one can see your name or address. Then add to your wish lists the pet food you're in need this way anyone who wants to help out all they have to do is ask you for your Amazon link and then they purchase that item. And lo and behold in a few days it will arrive on your front door. Many people on here help me out in my time of need so I have no area and helping others in their time of need to. Just keep it real.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Awesome
Old 11-13-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by damascus1986 View Post
Oh definetly step 4 was a huge turning point!!! without it id be lost.
Congratulations on your 4 years.

I agree, without NA and the step work I wouldn't be the person that I am today.

I realize NA and the program is a spirtiual place and everyones free to be their own religon and i respect that
For many people talking about God can be a sensitive issue. NA works for people who don’t believe in a supernatural being as well for those who do. I'm not a religious person per se, but I do believe in a higher power of my understanding. I believe in the spirit of the universe and all that's good.

Have you ever heard of John Bradshaw? He is the author of, healing the shame that binds you, your inner child and toxic shame. When I first got clean I listened to his tapes and found his message enlightening to my recovery. You can find him and his seminars on YouTube

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-14-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Old 11-14-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

I been watching what's going on in Paris on and off all night and this morning. I can't believe how people can have so much hatred in their heart's and commit such monstrosity towards innocent people. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Paris.

What beautiful sleeping weather last night. It was in the 30s just the way I like it. As soon as I settled into the bed the cats crawled under blankets found their favorite spots and all I heard was snoring all night LOL

Update on my shoulder that's been bothering me for the last month or so. Dr. looked at the x-rays and came to the conclusion that I have severe arthritis in my shoulder, and also degenerated disks in my neck which is normal for a person my age. So he prescribed anti-inflammatory meds for the arthritis in my shoulder. I hope it helps because the pain in my shoulder is really interrupting with my beauty sleep LOL

This year I'm getting 3 free turkeys. Two I will donate to the church up the road for their soup kitchen. I decided to cook the one turkey that I'm keeping for Thanksgiving. I invited a few friends to have Thanksgiving at my place with all the trimmings. So, if anybody has a great recipe on how to cook a turkey, make homemade stuffing and ideas on some delicious side dishes please share them with me. This is going to be my first home cooked Thanksgiving meal in like 12 years and I'm super excited. I just hope everything comes out well.

Shout out to those who are missing.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-15-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

Heading off to HG this morning, looking forward to being amongst those people who are very dear to me, I need them right now. I am grateful that so many loving people have been put on this journey with me. Forward we go.

A prayer for the still suffering addict

Lord Father, please bless those who are struggling with addiction, may you guide them through the darkness into your light as you have done me, may you show them to live life the way you have intended us to live, with no pain, addiction, anxiety or depression, I ask that you continue to put your healing hands upon theme and may they know that they are loved, In your name, Amen!

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-16-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 4 years.

I agree, without NA and the step work I wouldn't be the person that I am today.

For many people talking about God can be a sensitive issue. NA works for people who don’t believe in a supernatural being as well for those who do. I'm not a religious person per se, but I do believe in a higher power of my understanding. I believe in the spirit of the universe and all that's good.

Have you ever heard of John Bradshaw? He is the author of, healing the shame that binds you, your inner child and toxic shame. When I first got clean I listened to his tapes and found his message enlightening to my recovery. You can find him and his seminars on YouTube

Hugs and prayers
TB
i will definatly check him out. no matter what i remain openminded and love everyone for who they are. I love that in NA we are free to find what works for us.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good afternoon henhouse.

I can't wait for the real cold weather to get here Last night it was in the low 30s ( beautiful sleeping weather) and now it's 70° and sunny.

It's crazy what's going on in the world right now. I feel so sorry for the people who lost loved ones in Paris. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.

Quiet day, the cats are hanging out at the front door watching the squirrels burying acorns for the winter. I'm making grilled chicken for dinner with a nice salad.

Hoping to hear from the crew. It's been mighty quiet around here lately.

Hugs and prayers to all
TB
Old 11-16-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

TB - We have gotten into the 30's, a couple of nights, and I agree - cooler weather is better sleeping weather, or at least for me.

I've been taking a course to get credits to renew my certification and it is taking a lot of my time. Worked on it, all weekend, while watching football Remind me not to wait until the last minute, next time - I've had 2 years to get these credits!

My friend is in the same boat and her daughter is getting married Sat (I'm going to the wedding). We have always cheered each other up and helped out when one of us is stronger in an area than the other. Deadline is Dec. 31st so I'll be a bit busy.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-17-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

40 degrees this week in Sydney - warm at last summer is here!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning gang
Old 11-18-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good afternoon henhouse.

Beautiful day for it practically being winter. Reached the mid-60s with plenty of sun. I can't wait for the weekend when the weather is calling 40s during the day and 30s at night.

Between all the news about France and the bombings and all the rhetoric going on here In the states, I'm getting pretty much sick and tired of it all. Something has to be done about the terrorists I'm just not sure what yet.

Did you read David Beckham won Peoples sexiest man alive? Dammit, I came in second, again LOL Anyone hear about Charlie Sheen?Personally, I wasn't surprised when I heard he was HIV-positive. I can only imagine all the lawsuits are going to come behind this announcement. And I wonder how many women are going to come out proclaiming they got HIV from him.

It's been pretty much quiet here at home. I'm still dealing with the discomfort and pain of my right shoulder. The anti-inflammatory medication the doctor prescribed is not helping. So I made another appointment with the doctor next week. I'm going to suggest cortisone shots. I can deal with the pain during the day it's at night that he gets annoying.

Mama and Q, for those who don't know those other names of my two cats. Mama is 11 years old and Q is six. Well anyway, they are doing great. They're like little kids with toys. They have a basket full of cat toys. Every day I have to pick up all the toys from the floor and put it in their basket. And every night after I'm asleep they take them out of the basket to play. I love them so much.

Shout out to all the missing hens and roosters.

Hugs and prayers to all
TB
Old 11-22-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Old 11-22-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

I can't trust the weatherman anymore. They were calling for the low 30s last night. I got so excited finally the cold weather is here. I doubled up on blankets got all snuggled up ready to have a good night sleep and what happens. I wake up in sweat. I look at temperature as soon as I got up and believe it or not here we are close to the end of November and it was 58° outside.They are calling for temperatures in the high 20s tonight. I'll believe it when I see it.

(((Amy))) How's you are studying doing? How was the wedding yesterday did you have a good time? Eat plenty?

((( chicory))) (((Lenina)) ((( Venus))) (((damascus))) (((norty))) (((Joe))) (((cangel))) if I miss anyone I'm sorry. I miss you guys.

I have never seen it this slow on here. Not just in the henhouse, in general. The substance abuse forum is surprisingly very slow these days. And the support is so watered down its scary. All the people with experience strength and hope have all disappeared. Anyway,I wish it would start getting busy again. I know they are sick and suffering addicts out there that can use our support is just a matter of them asking for it.

It's pretty much been quiet here at home. Just the way I like it. The fur babies are doing well. I'll be heading out for breakfast with the crew in a few. Anybody likes turkey bacon? The place where I am going this morning to have breakfast has the best turkey bacon ever. After that will be heading to the brunch meeting. Then get ready to watch football all day.

If anybody has a good recipe for baking a turkey and all the fixings please share it with me. This is the first time I'm going to actually have Thanksgiving in my place in 12 years so I need to make everything special. Thanks in advance.

Hugs and prayers to all
TB
Old 11-24-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

(((((TB)))). So glad to know you're doing well. How's the neck?

Nothing new here, just feel like I'm a bit overwhelmed with work stuff. Having some health issues too. Who first said "such a drag getting old".? Mick Jagger I think.

Good to hear the cats are well and happy.

Amy, head down and get that home work done! Hope the weather stays nice. And I hoe you have a good thanksgiving. We are going to our friends. Hope I can rally up. I'm really dragging.

Yes, it's slow everywhere. I think folks are getting ready for Thanksgiving. The world is crazy. I dont know why there is so much hate swirling. I blame the media for stirring the pot.

Damascus, I'm so happy to see you're doing well too. Keep reading, keep studying and as you said, keep an open mind,

Everyone stay safe.

Love from Lenina
Old 11-26-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Old 11-26-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

(((Lenina))) You mean shoulder Still having issues with my shoulder. The pain is very annoying especially when I'm trying to sleep at night. But, like all the pain that I go through every day you get used to it. Happy to hear that you're doing well. And I get it, I just turned 60, instead of the days slowing down it seems that they going faster. Yes, I too am worried about what's going around the world.

(((Amy))) Praying your studying is going well. Have any plans for Thanksgiving?

((( chicory))) I am so sorry. It's truly awful when we lose one of our loved ones. I am glad you have many wonderful years of memories with Sam to look back fondly on. Take care of yourself in this sad time. Thinking of you.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful. The last two nights has been in the 20s. Perfect sleeping weather. But strangely enough, today of all day it's going to be in the 60s. At least it will cool back down by the night.

Wishing you all the happiness of good friends, the joy of a happy family, and the wonder of the holiday season. Have a safe and magical thanksgiving everyone.

Hugs and prayers
TB