Notices

Two weeks opiate free.. Need advice

Old 06-26-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two weeks opiate free.. Need advice

Hi everyone. Today is two weeks and out of withdrawal, but can't shake this extreme fatigue. Eating right, multi-vitamin, water etc.. My hubby and I had sex for the first time in a long time! But when we were done we were so horridly exhausted! Anyone have this problem? It made fatigue so much worse! My question is, I have an upcoming mini vacation with hubby and kids. I don't want to be tired the whole time. Do you think it's to early to be going on road trips and such? I don't want to let the kids down, they are really looking forward to it! Thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I guess you should listen to your own body and decide from there, but a road trip sounds exciting and might just be what you need to charge your batteries.

Congrats on your recovery!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks clean, I think you're right! I just don't want to be on the beach not able to move, like some beached whale or something lol! Wondering about how long the fatigue will stick around? Anyone have any idea, or can share your experience of how long till your energy returns? Thanks again everyone! I'm so happy about my sobriety!!
Old 06-27-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Takes a while - including sex and all that properly. Felt like a virgin again as as you know heroin etc isn't exactly an aphrodisiac and if you do your that wackoed it's not exactly a rememberable reference point.
I'm 6 months clean way better than 2 weeks but for me being addicted means that obsession means you forget good days and bad days etc - I have to stop myself getting indignant and thinking "I've given up heroin life should be brilliant and I should feel brilliant always" some times.

Keep up the good week 2 weeks is brilliant.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yup Red!! The opposite of an aphrodisiac! Waiting for drive/ energy to come back, but I think it probably takes months. That's okay though, this habit didn't happen overnight, neither is the healing.. I accept that. I think I will go to the beach and just do my best. The sunshine might help. Yeah, we have to be patient, I know what you mean. Only 2'weeks and I'm tired of being tired, but never going back. Have good days and bad days ahead, that's life, I get that. Thanks for your reply and encouragement!
Old 06-27-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Acceptance is the key thing. I harp on about it on here a lot but I only kicked heroin where deep down in my heart of hearts I accepted that i could never use heroin ever again, no exceptions no excuses. Acceptance is essential!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fatigue lasted a pretty long time for me. I hit 6 months clean last friday and feeling wonderful now. I have went on vacation and I run errands, go on dates, all that fun stuff. Sexual energy is still a bit... Blehh. It kind of sucks, but its part of the process.

Anyway.. Regular lethargy and tiredness started to subside second month but didnt really go away until 3rd. As of month 6 / i am solid. I have some lingering muscle/body aches and high blood pressure when I wake up or if i sit still too long, but otherwise feelinng great!

You are doing well. It gets soooo much better. I almost cant believe i ever felt so horrible.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovered

I used for years and it took me a long time to get things back on track...sleeping/eating/energy/normalcy. I was around 9 months clean when I finally felt like I wasn't slogging through molasses anymore.

Glad you are here. :-)
Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you red, jmag, and mfanch for your replies! Yeah I guess I've got some time to go still to get my energy fully back, but I've definitely seen some improvements! Yup red, acceptance is key, I agree! And props on kicking heroin habit!! Jmag congrats on 6 months sobriety!!! That's awesome!! Mfanch, I'm glad I'm here too, back in the land of the living!! I seriously have not had bad cravings at all this past week! I guess I just got so disgusted with the drug, that I would be happy to never see a pill again. I was scared at first, but this is the best feeling in the world! I'm able to do things with my kids again, getting finances in order, going places, getting back in touch with friends! This is really living! Not being some zonked out zombie all the time! I don't miss that at all! Thanks everyone!
Old 07-02-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good work stay positive and don't let when you have bad days let you think - I may as well use! Stay strong!
Old 07-02-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

b 12 under the tounge helped me alot early on i still take it. often our vitamins are depleted
Old 09-16-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inadarkplace View Post
Hi everyone. Today is two weeks and out of withdrawal, but can't shake this extreme fatigue. Eating right, multi-vitamin, water etc.. My hubby and I had sex for the first time in a long time! But when we were done we were so horridly exhausted! Anyone have this problem? It made fatigue so much worse! My question is, I have an upcoming mini vacation with hubby and kids. I don't want to be tired the whole time. Do you think it's to early to be going on road trips and such? I don't want to let the kids down, they are really looking forward to it! Thanks
I understand the fatigue. Your body is still getting used to living without a substance it depended on. I would encourage you to get out there and live as much as possible. It might be a struggle, but doing things and keep going will build strength.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know it's hard but try not to do too much analysis if you can - I know when using we always thinking how we feel re the drug we are a slave to it. I was goosed for a good month and sometimes slipped back re energy levels - expect few steps forward couple back re progress re energy & how you feel.

I know as an ex smack head first few months I'd be indignant if I woke up feeling rough, as if I was entitled to feel ace, always, now I'm clean. I'd just do a bit exercise don't be hard on yourselves - be kind to yourself & just focus on getting more clean time under your belt - you'll come good.