Notices

Third day cold turkey

Old 05-25-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Third day cold turkey

It's hardest day yet and it's only just started. Had 90 minutes sleep last night, although my mind feels clearer my bodys a mess. I've got intense aching everywhere, legs especially and extremely irritable although I know it's the withdrawl so im not snapping at anyone just trying to get through.

First day back at work since I quit, hopefully I can blag it, im sure I'll sleep tonight and things will start to get better. Then I'll remember these days and it should stop me from picking up again.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope so, but it's good to make a recovery plan too, cos fear can fade?

D
Old 05-25-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats! It will get better. I am at the end of day four, but i was able to use small amounts of suboxone to help. Be careful though, i know from experience how easy it is to go right back to it. This is my third time in the last year getting clean and i plan on staying that way this time! Good luck!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Buckled on my third day, work was really rough relapsed a little in my lunch break gonna try again tomorrow, think I tried to quit to quick the withdrawls were too harsh and the timing was bad. Gonna keep trying though, a few months ago i thought this is how its gonna be until I kill myself (i mean through years of abuse, not suicide) but now I really dont want it no more, summer sun seems to have given me a little more energy and will power. Also them few days clean gave me a really clear head, and I felt a little confidence coming back, I had a taste of what I can still be. Thanks for the support, we're all gonna make it.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I withdrew using subs and panadene 40s and Valium. Try not to look at as it as a failure, I "failed "that many bloody times that I started just using it as a chance to get to know myself and addiction better. Eventually I withdrew and learning with lessons from each Previous attempt got through it. Stay strong pal. Maybe you aren't ready to give up yet. Maybe you are and sabotaged yourself. Either way accept it and look to grow from the experience. If A raving lunatic like me can give up Heroin then you sure can.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better walk the line
Old 05-28-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats the thing redmanc I gave up heroin twenty years ago, I overdosed and slept for the first two days due to the stress on my body of nearly dieing, then they gave me a drip and something I think it was called lorazepam. It was hard but I mangaed to get of it, now im back here and just cant muster the strength this time. I think because of the OD everyone knew about it, this time no one suspects a thing. Its easier hiding a pill buzz than the nod.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mate you had a lucky escape 20 years ago - I was a total E head then and speed freak - me and my mates from my mid-late teens went different paths - there was the full time smack heads (they'd smoke crack to celebrate having a kid) and us drinkers in the week and serious raving at the weekend. Been to enough funerals especially mid 20s when the needle got too much for some. Count your blessings you escaped then. I'd never have thought I'd be a heron addict in my late 30s. Secrecy, duplicity and addiction go hand in hand. You know only too well where this path will end up......you've been clean before this lapse 20 years me not even 6 months So I apologise if I'm speaking out of turn but you need to front up to someone and tell them the script with what's happened. Otherwise your be living a life totally at the mercy of addiction agsin.

Good luck pal, 20 years clean is brilliant, question is, will it take a near death experience to kick start change now.

We all rooting for you pal.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi WalktheLine!

I'm a little over a month away from being off the Hydro pain meds for a year! We all have to start with that first day clean and grow from there!

I wish you LOTS of luck and good days clean ahead of yourself!

TOD
Old 06-01-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Withdrawl is hell! But...It can be done! Gather as much support in as many ways as you possibly can. Sometimes it takes a village!

I withdrew cold-turkey from a very long -time oxy addiction. I planned to quit for a long time as well. That didn't work for me, 'planning to quit' just never seemed to get to the step of 'quitting'.

I ended up withdrawing cold-turkey. I can't even imagine how horrible it would have been if I had tried to go to work at the same time. One thing that I should have planned for was taking vacation or leave from work. I ended up taking a full three weeks sick time - and then two weeks vacation after that!

By the 4th day I was getting very dehydrated and probably felt much sicker than I needed to because of that. I went to ER and ended up with a glucose drip, an anti-nausea drip and an ant-diarrhea drip for about 12 hours. I felt better but had no energy but to get home, crawl on my couch, and lay there for the next 3 weeks!!

I did find by the 4th and 5th day I was so determined to never feel like that again, I had an even stronger will-power to get through this hell and stay clean!

I've been 6 years clean on June 6th!
This site helped me more than I ever thought anything could. My addiction was "a secret" I thought then (i was very wrong!) and my recovery in the beginning was "a secret" (also wrong) so my SR friends were my sole support until I felt confident enough to actually voice my problems with addiction out loud to real life family and friends. Turns out they all knew anyway!

Keep on reaching for recovery. You can do it. Everyone will be nothing but proud of you!

...Ruby...