Notices

Dear Addict

Old 04-27-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dear Addict

Dear addict,

I have just gone through the most difficult psychological and physical thing in my entire life. I was a slave to pills and doctors and pharmacies. but I want you all to know that YOU are still in there. granted its only been 2 weeks off of opiates but I am feeling so amazing. I'm feeling again, feeling things I forgot I could feel. for 3 and a half years my only focus was my next dose and as much of it as I could get. the worst part is I did this all legitimately. my doctors would just give me more and more of whatever i wanted pretty much. I started having some medical problems being pain and this was the way numerous doctors dealt with it, when really they were actually robbing me of my life. It made my life so small. literally as small as a single pea sized pill. How ******* stupid is that! I know there is thousands if not more of you addicted to one thing or the other and you are tired of it. its no longer about getting high its about not feeling sick from not getting high. we have lost our friends, jobs, some family, but worst of all we lost ourselves. I am far from a doctor but I have dealt with doctors and hospitals everyday for the last 5 years, being a slave to them. The amazing things i'm getting back is a million times better than any high from these toxic chemicals we put into our body. My senses are even coming back i can smell EVERYTHING, food sounds good again, and I'm having a huge sex drive which at 25 i should but I neglected it because all I cared about was stupid ******* pills. I am so blessed to have a real angel as a fiance that has put up with this **** and has been my biggest support to stop. We all may not be as lucky to have that support but i want you to know there is light at the end of the tunnel. You ARE still in there somewhere you just have to fight to come back. For me it was a choice of either death or stopping so i decided to try and get my life back. I'm not gonna lie it was the worst hell of my life for 8 days or so but then everyday after feels like christmas. Getting back all your normal feelings and energy and actually having fun, smiling and the best part of all is i'm in SO MUCH LESS PAIN now. IT CAN HAPPEN. The addiction is in your brain we have literally trained our brain to need something like we need food or water but in time it will go back to normal, or maybe even better because this process showed me strength I had no idea I possessed. I dont know if anyone will even read this but even if 1 person can get the strength to stop im happy. life is good we have just forgotten that. I would be more than happy to answer any questions also. You can do it!

Sincerely
EX opiate addict
Old 04-27-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job and great great to all of us ! Thank you