Notices

New here, have to vent.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here, have to vent.

Hi, there! I am also brand new here on these forums. Glad to find a forum like this where other addicts can talk about their experiences. After last night, I have HAD ENOUGH with all the alcohol and drug abuse in my life. This will be my first day of sobriety, I want to change. I NEED TO CHANGE.

After last night drinking and going on a 3 day binge on an eightball of cocaine and no sleep for two days, just sitting infront of my computer, drinking and doing lines all alone, seeing shadow people and being way too paranoid this has gone on for way to long and needs to come to and end. There hasn't been any fun in this since my first line 8 years ago.

I have been drinking everyday since I was 18 years, and using cocaine/crack once-twice a week for the last 8 years. I am now 28 years old. How unfortunate it has taken me this long to decide I need to change. How ridiculous does that sound? Doing that kind of stuff for this long and now finally wanting to change in a positive way? Absolutely surreal it is to me that it has taken me this long. The loss of friends and loved ones? The loss of so much hard earned money? The loss of hope? So many negative factors involved in my life due to alcohol and drugs and now I finally want to stop AFTER 10 YEARS? IT TOOK ME 10 YEARS? REALLY? It PISSES ME OFF!!!!!

I wish you and others the best of luck! It's going to be a long, long road for me but I believe I can beat this addiction. Thank you all for reading and I will be a frequent user here to help me out coping.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Boston Kid

D
Old 04-27-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your decision Boston . If it's any consolation, it takes lots of people more then 10 years of hell to have that realization.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

I wish you the best. I had drawn the same conclusions at age 28. That was when I went to rehab for the first time. I had many brief periods of abstinence afterwards but I didn't stop and STAY STOPPED until I turned 41. I'm now almost 58 (over 16 yrs. later) and the life I've lived is better than I could've ever imagined. You can do it!
Old 04-28-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We are very glad you are here, Boston.

Recovery is certainly worth it.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Do not beat yourself up for taking to long to come to the realization that you needed to quit. What matters is that you are working for your sobriety now. I am 26, and I have been on drugs and alcohol since before I was a teenager. I actually spend a few years homeless and on heroin. I look back and think how dumb I was to let drugs take everything in my life from me. It wasn't even a fun high it was just after I was in so deep I did not see a way out so I just kept spiraling down further. I have only been completely sober 9 days, and although I now have to face things that I really did not want to that is where the healing begins. Just keep your head up, and if you ever need someone to talk to who has been in your shoes I am here.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey your not alone. im 28 myself i just got 4years no substances at all. NA saved my life and its made me a better person. it toook time and work but for anyone that wants to change and be better help is there.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 05-01-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome purple I've been an active addict (booze, speed & E's & Coke from teens till a battle with heroin that took nearly everything of me) I've been clean since December. I turned 40 in jan. The sooner you stop the better mate as if your an addict and using it only gets worse. In every way. Don't be hard on yourself mate and take it one step at a time!
Old 05-02-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum. You are making a great decision. One day at a time. You can do this. Keep posting please we want to hear from you.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Into the Void

You can do it, BK! You've got most of your life left, do it now! And thanks for the reminder about the misery of an 8-ball. I was never the kind of guy to put away my pile of cocaine for another day.