Hen House Talk, Part 60!!

Old thread is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-59-a-20.html

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-21-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thanks Amy!!

my cats won't touch the beef either, they spit it out...when I have bought thebeef, I wound up giving it away to hungry cats that are not picky..(there are starving children in Africa you know kids)...now I was worried after reading Chic's response to Amy in F&F I was worried about my guys not eating...so I ran out and purchased their old kibble of Purina One...and they won't eat that either!!! Ozzy was meowing in my face for an hour..i opened a can of Sheba tuna, Ozzy and Perry licked it, then I had to put it up so Sammy won't eat it. Sammy loves everything..my food especially.
tomorrow I will try to get them Sardines, I forgot today. but the oil might bother them.
Everyone is pooping and using the litterbox, I am counting the debris. thanks for the info. chic...I don't want Fandy to get sick, he has lost 1 lb or so within the last 2 weeks. but he WAS eating the new kibble...

tearing my hair out here!!! Yakkala you are TOAST in WWF! lol
Old 03-21-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Yakkala you are TOAST in WWF! lol
Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

But yeah, I totally am.

Remember though, I beat you five times...

Okay chickies, I have secured money for Moose's training... Isaac's family calls it a gift...I call it a loan. We will see who wins. Now I must find a trainer.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hi Lethe
Old 03-21-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He's TOAST...biters indeed.....snork....
glad things are going well with the training moving ahead. How is the Princess Sasha?
Old 03-21-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Sasha is a terror.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sasha is just expressing her cat self SOOOOO glad that funds are available for Moose's training. Gotta tell you, I want to know all about how it goes.

I watch M train her dogs, and I'm always amazed at how smart they are. Do dogs really count? I mean, they do this routine (for certification) and after 15 steps, they are supposed to "down" (lay down) and they do it, even if the handler is off a few steps.

Not just one dog, but I've seen two do it, and one was fairly new to the training?

FWIW Jay, I totally get you wanting to consider it a loan, they want it to be a gift. As hard as it may seem, there are people who love you and helping you get to a position where you are feeling better and more confident is all the repayment they need.

I know you aren't used to people helping you, and it goes against your grain. Do what you feel you need to do, but please know that many of us just want to help in any way we can.

Fandy - I understand the worry about the cats. I have two ginger boys and they have a tendency to have kidney failure. I lost my first cat, also a ginger, to it. I go between getting the Purina One for healthy metabolism (because Mots is HUGE), the indoor cat and the urinary health food.

I guess I'm lucky that they don't try to wake me up until about 6a.m.? On the weekends, I'm yelling "this is my day OFF, shut up!!!" but they still win.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-21-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) that is wonderful! they sound like terrific people. Good luck on finding a trainer, soon. This is really exciting Jay. Big things,, remember, I called it!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

[[[((((J.A.Y.)))]]]}

(((HH Peeps)))
~inserts fitting video~

Old 03-21-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I don't get it why all your cats are so loud. You and Fandy both have loud cats...Sasha is very quiet. She only meows (and hisses on the rare occasion) at the boys (dogs)... and they're not even real meows. It's more like "murphhh" (like murphy without the 'y') and it ends in a high trill. She does it when she's trying to get them to play... Ginger says she needs a cat friend to terrorize, lol.

I will let ya know how it goes whenever I find a suitable trainer. I will ask my boss, she might actually know someone locally...I work in a vet's office after all. Now that my secret's out I guess there's no reason not to ask.

You're always right ((Chic)) :roll eyes:

How are you ((Lethe))?
Old 03-21-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's cool about Moose getting training. Dogs are so smart and kind.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Jay)))
Am fine....but have been trying to type here for past ??? bit of time and keep deleting.

Bottom line, as I am bottom line kinda gal...
We took a stray kitty to non-kill-so-very-kind-shelter, today.
We live in country and people often drop off kitties.

This one was a beautiful Siamese....one that looks just like Carlotta's avatar. Mad kitty? Sad kitty? Oh jeezz...that fluffy brown and white cat that all peeps love?

Yeah....it was such a wonderful kitty. Couldn't keep her here due to ...*dammit to heck*... just stuff. One would be Sam (doggie) would of killed her if given a chance.

I know she'll get adopted fast but darn it all...we (me and the kid) wanted to keep her, no matter how stupid that seemed.

Hell, Sam is still looking out the window for her. He's 130lbs of hair-all-over-the-place retriever dog/

Next picture I post here may be me and a huge dog swaying, holding lighters to the sky, singing sad songs.

Jeezzz, I've lived in the country too long. (er, my whole life. So I am ******.)

xxx - off to resize and uploaded this gorgeous cat/ selfishly for the memories. My daughter quite loved her. As did Sam. Hum!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lethe, I love your posts...this one makes me sad, though. I am sorry you could not keep the kitty. but you did the very best thing for her and she will have a forever home in no time. sorry imagining you and pupperdog holding lighters to the sky...

I have not seen that video, thanks for posting it. and may I ask, since I have wanted to know since the beginning of time, who that is in your avatar?

I had to let go some rescued kitties, to a no kill, very nice wonderful shelter, and it was so hard. I went to visit her. She got adopted quickly, and it made me happy. she had stumbled into my yard, sick, weak, and had lost a litter of kittens I think. I got her all fixed up and spayed, and she was a darling. she got adopted very quickly. I could not keep her because of an azzy landlord. anyway, sorry to go on, not about me here. I talk too much.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Well I'm glad you found a nice shelter for her at least. I'm sure she'll be adopted quickly. I think the cat your were looking for is Grumpy Cat...

What kind of dog is Sam again? I feel like you told me this already...

((Least)) - I have decided I am happy about this. Moose is such a good dog, I think if anyone can truly help me, it will be my dog
Old 03-21-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jay - I'd be GLAD to let you hear why I named Mots (Mouth of the South). He and Sammy are quite loud, Tiger sort of squeaks.

Lethe - I totally get what you are feeling about the cat. Trying to figure out what to do with Miss Kitty and Mini Mots who are on my deck. Can't bring them in, my old boys just can't deal with it and landlord says NO.

Am checking out no-kill shelters, not quite sure how to trap Mini Mots who is terrified of me, but comes up for food?

Want to keep them, both, but not really the best thing for me.

Just told a friend of mine, who fosters animals, that I need to start playing the lottery, then win big so I can be in a position to take care of all the furbabies I want.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-21-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Maybe cats are more vocal when there are several of them? Stinker was a very petite little girl who seldom vocalized, but when she did, it was a soft mew. Very polite and lovely.

Buffy, on the other hand, is quite vocal. She doesn't have a lady-like voice either. She's a big girl and has a big voice. Maybe I should have named her Ethel Merman.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grumpy cat! Yes, thanks Jay. That was the name I was looking for.
She looked just like that one.

Chic - the avatar is Billie Joe from Green Day. I am a 80's gal so grew up on metal and hair bands. But Green Day and U2, Joe Satriani, and (horrors!) house music/remixes are still something I love.

btw -I think I'm gonna have to change the Green Day avatar soon cause I've gotten quite a few people on here that think I am a guy, and I can't fight that any longer. <---as in I cannot fight a very offended person who felt some kind of kindred spirit in writing to me, till I said "umm..I am girl."
Am tired of getting my feeling hurt over a stupid picture of a band I like.

Sam is huge Golden Retriever. I've posted his picture before, J, but am not sure if it ever went through due to my settings.
My settings are now going to be public till I figure out stuff...my avatar, blog, albums and such. Am gonna try adding you, Jay and Chic, to my friends list. Think I have everyone else here in henhouse in my list, but if not, will be trying to add. Then you can see the albums of doggie, me, life, kitty, .....yeah

*lights lighter*

for fun tho', I got this:

Old 03-21-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

For you young 'uns who don't know about Ethel Merman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s62MrU8mHx4
Old 03-21-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Amy - we're always put in a bad position out here in the country.

I imagine it's much worse where you are.
I'm not sure if I have any wisdom on that, maybe in the morning? Need to hit the hay right now.

Suki - our house kitty who never speaks has been very vocal while othe Grumpy Cat has been here.
Kinda funny....
If we weren't all so sad.
Dramatic exit....

Old 03-21-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Lethe - Sorry, but I had to laugh at you trying to point out the fact that "um, I a FEMALE!!!" I was never into the metal stuff, but definitely an 80's gal Love the video!!

Suki - Thanks for the video! Ethel was definitely one of a kind.

It's past my bedtime, Sammy is sacked out next to me, the golden fatsos are in the kitchen, trying to spy on the outside kitties.

I am hoping I can actually sleep more than a couple hours at a time.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy