You have great powers Jay....
Old 04-15-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

My wish is their command...
Old 04-15-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hmm...I can see the rose now. There is something fishy going on.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I am at a coffee shop letting the public unknowingly babysit me tonight. What a rip, they're not even getting paid!

It is too bad this town is kinda small...my T walked in here with who I can only assume to be her husband about 30 minutes ago. I don't think she saw me and I observed from afar. It is weird to see her in the "real world." I never have before. I wonder how she can be so normal when she probably hears some of the worst things everyday.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I never have seen the rose, only the logo?

Chic - baby grands? Sorry, but makes me think of a piano.

Jay - Sorry you are having a bad day and that Moose is still in camp. I imagine it would be odd to see your T in a "normal" setting. I don't know about how she deals with what she does, but I do think she's pretty special.

Guess who has gained complete trust and respect from the boss lady?!? Yep, she's been going out of her way to complement and thank me. STILL hasn't gotten my insurance yet, but says she's trying.

I know there will probably still be times when she swoops in, on her broom, but will enjoy the way it is now.

It's still raining, here, may clear up this weekend. I'm not trusting the lying liar weatherman who lies.

Speaking of, I wish TPA would check in.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-16-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I got kicked out of the coffee shop...closing time and all. Now I am back home in my empty apartment wondering what I'm going to do with myself... I could try to read but I won't, I would probably just end up reading the same sentence over and over trying to absorb it when my mind is elsewhere... I could watch TV but I don't feel like adding noise to more noise. I could try to sleep but that's probably a useless venture... Maybe I will color a mandala, because you know, I'm 10 years old. I need something to concentrate on but something that doesn't require thought, if that makes sense.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

It does make sense Jay. Coloring is one of my favorite things to do when I'm stressed and fidgety.

I'd stay here and keep you company, but Sammy is insisting we all go to bed. A 17-year-old cat has more sense than I do.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-16-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Nighty night ((Amy))
Old 04-17-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Actually Jay, they make coloring books for adults! Its soothing, to be creative, I think.
I have been playing some online 'creative' game for a while, and figured out that its addictive. Why? because I like being creative..I think..
so, I am gonna get out my oil paints, and be creative, instead of doing something that has nothing to show for hours of doing it.
do you paint? something tells me that you would do some awesome creating..

Amy, glad your kitties got you to go to bed .. I am glad to hear that boss lady is relaxed now that she sees how capable and smart you are. She better appreciate it.. she is lucky to have you!

Yes, TPA and Lauren, and Leelee, it would be so nice to see you all here.

love to everybody.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Schizo-wizard suggested it (coloring) to me this past week since I told her about the cooking which is essentially the same thing - concentration without thought. I did end up coloring printable mandalas last night, while Sasha made every attempt to knock all colored pencils off the coffee table (she succeeded many times). I felt silly, but it helped.

Ginger's birthday is coming up. Not sure what to do yet. Hmmm.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Jay - Glad you did color but had to laugh about Sasha knocking over your pencils. I'm sure she thought she was helping, right? Sorry, but I have no suggestions about Ginger's birthday, but we could all brainstorm maybe?

Chic - I sent Jay a pic of Sammy saying "goodnight" ON MY PILLOW. I've read and seen videos about cats that pat their human's face, but Sammy is the first cat I've ever had do that. He's very gentle, never puts his claws out. When he's done with that, he just snuggles up to where some part of his body is next to me. Not a fan of when his whiskers are in my face.

I think it's a great idea to get out your paints - you are really good and I can imagine it would be a good feeling.

I really like doing counted cross stitch, but it takes a looooong time and isn't very easy when you have cats swatting at the thread all the time.

What I really want to do is get all my pictures of my time with Mr. D and family, and Mr. C and family, and make scrapbook albums for Bev and Mama C. I used to do scrapbooking, spent a fortune in papers, punches, pens, stickers, etc. but it's all either gone or somewhere in storage.

I know there are digital ways to do it, but haven't found what I'm looking for. Signed up for something I thought would work, but they cost too much and it turned out to be stuff to make "cool" book of faces things. Don't need that.

Need to get off my buttismo and do it.

No work this weekend, M has been training all week so no training. Dad is on his way to MO. He must have gotten the message that I really don't want to hear about the bratkins living their free and him paying their bills, as he didn't say a word about them.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-17-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Yay for Dad, not talking about the bratkins to you He's getting with the program, maybe. He works hard and I hope that they do something in return for him, while they are there.

Jay, try painting. you might make something you could sell. or give to Ginger

I am so sleepy. I fried some plantain tonight.. I think it made me sleepy!

love and hugs!!!
chic
Old 04-17-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustAYak View Post
Hmm...I can see the rose now. There is something fishy going on.
I cannot see the rose...hmmm.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Vee - I never could see the rose

Though it's not raining, yet, it is in the forecast. It's rained for a week, supposed to have 3 more days of it. I really wish we could it out to CA, where it's desperately needed.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-19-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Amy I am really getting tired of rain! wish we could send it where they need it!

Where is Jynx, and TPA? miss you girls...
Old 04-19-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I miss them, too, Chic. I agree - Would REALLY like to send all this rain out to CA, have been seeing all the devastation from the drought from pics my cousins post on the book of faces. It's seems odd, considering they are next to a huge ocean, but I do know you can't just take ocean water and make it work for what they need without a lot of work, but still. It's just said.

It's pouring down rain, here, again. We had a brief respite, even sunshine. I saw Miss Kitty back in the area behind the backyard fence, but she didn't come up. I'm assuming she is taking care of her babies and her food is up here if the stupid possum doesn't come get it.

I posted all about it on whiners, but Sammy my old man cat (17) is sick with a UTI. I really appreciate all the support and advice.

It's back to work, tomorrow, another day of rain but then we are supposed to have some nice days. I usually work late on Mondays, but may leave on time, considering how Sammy is. Boss lady is an animal lover, moreso with dogs, but she'll be fine.

Docs are going to be gone the end of the week, so I need to spread out my work over the week anyway.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-22-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Morning Hens and Roosters!

What's new with everyone? the only new thing here, is that I am not eating bread or cookies .. I think with time, and working out, this will pay off. that's the plan anyway.

its a rainy , cool day in ohio. I am off, so am gonna go have some lunch with daughter, and do some shopping with the grands this after noon, for their mommas birthday gifts.

hope today brings you something to make you smile
love and hugs.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan, to me, Chic!

I've decided that taking care of a sick furbaby is a lot like taking care of a sick baby, minus the diapers. Sammy is improving but the antibiotic is tough on his tummy. He's got 3 more days of him. Poor guy, was reaching up to tell me to get him back up on the bed and he ended up sitting in his water bowl! He was not a happy camper, but within a minute of being wrapped up in a towel and back in the bed, he was curled under the blanket and purring like crazy.

We've had gorgeous weather but I've not gotten to enjoy it much as it's been busy at work. It's really nice to look out the windows, though, and see sunshine and blue skies!

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Glad to hear Sammy is doing better Amy.

I was tossing and turning all night...ended up laying on my stomach and Sasha jumped on the bed and made herself right at home on my back... goofy critter. Turns out to be what I needed to sleep though. I fell asleep for a couple hours after she did that.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) poor Sammy, would he eat pumpkin.. the plain pure pumpkin? it cures diarrhea AND constipation in kitties. some of them love it! a teaspoon or two , with doctors blessing of course.
He loves you so much , Amy, and why not? You are so so good to them all. hope tomorrow is better for him, and that YOU get some good sleep tonight!

(((Jay))) Sasha knew what you needed! how sweet ! I hope that right now she is your comforter and you are sleeping like a baby!

love to all. bring on the sunshine here in Ohio... its too darned cold!

well, off to bed for me. Guess we are all sleeping with our furry babies

love and hugs to all!
chic