Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 60!!

Old 08-02-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Amy, they all will make babies.. male or female. Get a trap, catch whoever you can, while the weather is nice, and take them in. You will probably get them all in time. Its not mean, its kind, to keep them and other females from over populating their world.
They go in for some tuna, and get to sleep overnight in the cage. you can cover it with a blanket, even bring the cage to an area where they won't be crying around the others. It will be fine. and easier for you. Bev doesn't have to know whether they are girls or boys... you cant catch the females, you gotta just catch whoever will go in the cage, and they usually will, unless they have been in it before.

enjoy your day off sweetie. dad will learn or not, we can't make people grow until they are ready. I am guilty, of trying to fix those I love. It was ingrained into my personality to try to help people- to fix what they could not. I thought it was a good thing to do. But I learned that its like leading a horse to water.. you can't make them drink.

Besides..... I have too much to work on , myself. Sweep my own back porch off, before I tell someone how dirty theirs is, you know?
hugs to you sweetie.

Last edited by chicory; 08-02-2015 at 06:16 AM. Reason: besides...
Old 08-02-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Thanks Chic. I used the leaf blower outside where the kittens hang out so haven't seen any of them since. They'll be back. Since 4 of them wont come closer than 20 feet from me, will just try to gain their trust end get them trapped and fixed.

I also spent many a decade trying to help out or fix people and that led me down a road I never want to walk on again.

About to get the laundry going and work on my resume. All 3 grumpies look like furry puddles of melted ice cream, sprawled out on the deck.

It was 93 today, felt hotter and will be 96 tomorrow. Thank God for air conditioning!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-02-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Furry puddles! Two vanilla and one chocolate swirl?

good going on the resume, too. Your determination is gonna get you there, sweetie.
love and hugs
Old 08-03-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies ... Impurrfect.. wow miss our babies .. hahahaa Mrs. Tilly has a handpuppet that she thinks is a baby and will scream for help taking up stairs and back down... lots of strays in the yard... we put out food and water.. have had several families run out on thier elc bills and move away.. think that is were the extra cats are coming from... winter will be hard on them.. we want to move the old couch off the front porch.. with more strays we are not going to for a bit.. sad they are all such great cats... and look in the windows of the front livingroom... know that some were in door cats. untill pushed out .... prayers and meows to all ardy
Old 08-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Ardy, you are so kind.
Perhaps a rescue place would take the really tame ones, and place them with families? there are lots of places , but of course, hard to find. I see their facebook pages, often highlighting a cat who needs a family forever. Some people actually foster a cat, until a home can be found.
I think that is where many of my outdoor furbabies came from, abandoned by a family who moved away
You can look at youtube videos on how to make outdoor winter shelters out of large rubbermaid bins and straw. I have made them, and they stay toasty warm.
hugs to you. good to see you
Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

sorry ladies been mia. work and life is a blessing even when i dont think it is. sitting here watiching a video on ppl in hati eatin mud cookies. damn life could be alot worse.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

I saw that too, Damascus. You are right. We have so much to be thankful for. Here we are, saying hello and supporting each other.

I believe that there is no excuse for their poverty and hunger. except corruption.

hugs to you. and to all hens and roosters where ever you may be
Old 08-04-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

lifes crazy sometimes
Old 08-04-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday dearest Ardy!!! our resident lady clown who cheers us up, and gives life her all!
love to you, Ardy!

hugs
chic
Old 08-10-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

yall sleeping? lol
Old 08-10-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Hi Damascus!

I am ready to head to bed. I had to go in at 4am, to do inventory today.

Hope you are well. I am irritated at my landlord, for raising my rent 85 bucks more per month, but my rent is lower than anyone I know anyway. Hes a business man, so its fair. I get a raise soon which will cover that increase .

such is the life of the poor renter

How have you been? Still waiting for a pic of you in that batmobile

hugs,
chic
Old 08-10-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

great we are actually moving soon they raised the rent on our apt almost 1000$
i went o a car show this weekend lots off cool stuff there and a NA meeting after i gotta say i needed that meeting. it was all about gods love and i felt 100000?% better.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a good meeting there, Damascus.
I helps a lot to face life with a positive attitude....too many things trying g to break us down, every day. I know i need a meeting like that.

Hope you find a good apartment....did you mean that your rent was being raised to 1000? I am glad i live in Podunk ohio, i think..lol

have a great day hugs to all!
chic
Old 08-11-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

yes raised to 1000.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Hi Hen housers.. who ever is here,,, any way,, just letting all of us who love Amy, and any who don't know her yet, you would love her

she is struggling with the work situation.. boss lady is tormenting her daily, hoping she will quit. Amy has turned in her resume to the right people, who are passing it on to the right people and she is being highly recommended, which is wonderful.
she is struggling in many ways, but she is sober, clean and strong. All nine kittys are fed, as she said
Her phone is messed up, and the computer is in her dads car, and he's on a trip. She cannot post, but can read. She asks for prayers and words of encouragement, as they would mean a lot to her. She has supportive co workers, and her faith, and she wanted me to let you all know how it is with her, and why she isn't here right now...

but she will be reading, and appreciating all kind words and prayers.

love you Amy. Its gonna get better. It had to get bad before it could get better. So now, change is inevitable... and thats good, because something good is waiting!

love and hugs!
chic
Old 08-13-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Amy, you have my prayers that you find relief from your burdens. Most especially, a job where you are appreciated and treated well. Evil boss lady's karma will get her...
Old 08-15-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Anybody home? Lol

Morning anyway, lurkers, and hiders. Dinner is at 5.

Love and hugs!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

prayers for amy!!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hi. It's hot and dry here. Enjoyed the meteor showers the other night. Our city is jam packed with people seeking relief from the heat.

I hope Amy gets a new job and one where she can relax enjoy the work without hateful people creating drama. And I hope she gets her devices up and running, it's awful to be isolated like that.

Chicory, how's Dom doing? Still misbehaving?

I got nothing. Just glad to be home. I ate a box of fudgesicles. They were perfect.

dam, I was reading about a car show, I haven't been to one in years. I had a weekend job once passing out flyers and trinkets at a car show. We got paid $50 a day to hang out and talk to people. LOL. Those were the days. I bet they don't have those kind of jobs today,

We might order a pizza. Chinese sounds better. We have a deli that will deliver but nothing appeals to me. I don't want to heat up the kitchen. If I were motivated, I could have made a nice gazpacho.

Love from Lenina
Old 08-15-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hi Leelee!

Amy's dad was in an accident, but is ok. Tinker was with him, and she is ok too. It was someone elses fault, but his van was messed up so much that Amy had to go get him. 600+ miles away. You'd think they couldn't get a break , but at least they are ok, and thats all that matters.
I am sure that she will check in when she can. Can't wait for her to get her internet access back.

I either have bad eyesight and cannot see meteors anymore, or I am not watching at the right time

Hi Damascus! I love car shows, too. Love muscle cars. My late ex had a 55 chevy and it was beautiful. I couldn't drive it though, as it had a steering wheel the size of a tire, and no power steering.

hope Amy gets home soon, and gets some rest tomorrow!
love and hugs.. and Ardy, check in!