Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 60!!

Old 05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

yea im right by reliant stadium where the texans play. girl friend lost her car too.
its gonna be ok and your right theres always a silver lining. we were on the second floor so our apt wasnt flooded so thats lucky and now we get to pick new cars!

i know gods got my back so no fear, just love cleantime and freedom.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Damacus..sorry to hear about your cars..we had terrible flooding
here a few years back and people are still recovering as in our city
over 100,000 were displaced . Many are still fighting for insurance
claims and what nots...to be honest though ...it would be my food
supplies that would worry me more so than the cars...we do a lot of
cooking and have hordes of special things that cannot be replaced
easily.. I'm just glad you are safe..hope the power wasn't off for too
long..and clean up wasn't nasty like here...

lauren
Old 05-27-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Chicory..love your avatar..this is how I see you..
I also liked your prior signature with the flowers on your name..
Somehow it is comforting, as this is your world..flowers are forever
memories..I still have pressed flowers when I was married..

lauren
Old 05-28-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Good morning Hen House!
Suki, I hope things are better today and that recovery from it goes quickly. There must be so much devastation!

Sorry about your cars, Damascus. but as you say, God has your back.

Lauren, good to see you back here! We missed you. I am glad you like the profile pic.. its one of my favorites too.

Hello TPA! hows things sweetie? Godfrey hanging in there, and getting lots of loving, I am sure. I know you take good care to keep him comfy .

Ruby, good to have you ! How are you doing? You mentioned health issues...

Amy, glad the laptop survived... maybe it takes its cue from the cats.. nine lives? and I agree..about the black cats. I have decided that if I get another, for any reason, some day, it will be a sweet loving black kitty. they get overlooked in the shelters .

gotta work evening shift again... but its nice to sit her and wake up with my coffee and computer friends.

love and hugs,,
chic
Old 05-28-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

The laptop has died, it has a fatal error and shuts down I'll be using the phone and it won't let me post much at a time, but I will still check in and will definitely read

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-29-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Hi folks,
We made it back, it was a beautiful day a little later on around 10am,
so the ride home was pleasant. And..by some small miracle, where the
twisty, turny cliff hanging highway dropped down hundreds ...well
seemed like thousands of feet...there was "Construction", I waved to
them and smiled...Phew..the ride home didn't bring out the speedster
in hubby..Aww! lol...
Of course he bought out the stores...we now have many cheeses..spices,
special this and thats..the car was pretty heavy and dragging...(jk),
The sausages have been made this am...the bread is in the resting basket
rising
the meats are sealed..the roasts have been herb- ed and garlic-ed up
anyway...you get the picture..he is a happy man..and I know the meals
forthcoming will be a pleasure.
Chic..I read about your keys being locked in the truck...now that is
a long night..hopefully you can rest up tonight.
Amy..is the laptop fixable..or gone forever?
TPA..a healing hug for you..and thanks..

Miley is still catching up in her sleep..if only we could tell them how many
sleeps and We are coming back..they didn't give her one cookie..and said
she was a fluffy girl..and took her food down to half..she lost, I'd say close
to 4-5 lbs..poor girl..She almost danced for her cost/co chicken ..our
take home dinner for all of us..so we don't have to think about
"what's for dinner"...

My son is getting better..for this I am thankful..some of you know he
had a breakdown..we don't have all the details yet..but he was very ill
with depression is the best way to explain it..He lost weigh as well..
perhaps over 30 lbs in a month..dil is a jewel and walked with him back
to a good reality..I also think she was our gift to the family..

Hello to all..

Lee..glad that you will be home tonight or today..snuggle in and be at
peace..

lauren
Old 05-29-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hello Hen Housers!

Lauren, what a miracle to have the construction! I can totally understand. My ex had a Corvette and a few times it was pretty hair-raising, especially one time that he made a total 360 spin out on the highway.. an idiot at times.

I had a good day over all. I will nap and catch up on my sleep..Roxie wakes me at least twice nightly! She is a stinker.

I am so happy to be off this weekend! yipee! First thing on the agenda is to get two or three copies of my truck key made. hide one at work, one at home , one with each of my girls, and that should take care of it.
such a nice cop last night, let me use his AAA. I have roadside assistance, but the last time I used them, they had me waiting an hour and a half, and still called saying it would be a while!!! Triple A was very prompt, and courteous, and cute...
I have done well on my diet, but gave in and ate a muffin today. a cream cheese muffin , but it was so good.

Amy I hope by some miracle that you got the laptop fixed .

love and hugs
chic
Old 05-29-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Amy, I hope the laptop can be salvaged. I'm lost without my computer.

I got a nice nap today with the dogs and Lily. They woke me up early so I needed a nap.

Chic, I always carry two sets of keys; the car keys I use to drive, and a second set in my right pocket. I never go out without 'patting my pocket' to make sure I have my keys.

The Toyota has a feature I really like. You can't work the lock button on the door if the keys are in the ignition. Fail safe method of not locking keys in the car.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I am so far behind, trying to catch up.

Lauren - So glad you had a good trip, hubby is happy with all his goodies and Miley is back with mom and dad. Also very glad to hear about your son and I do think daughter-in-love is a blessing.

Chic - I'm behind and didn't know about your keys, but glad you have a plan and have the weekend OFF!!

Least - Not sure about the computer. I told Bev about in and she did some research. I did what was suggested, and it turns out the hard drive is fried. Her son is a computer guru, just had his heart broken and is spending the weekend with them. At first, he said the laptop is totaled. After several questions and answers (through Bev), he is going to come over tomorrow and see if it's simply a matter of replacing the hard drive, which is about $100.

Dad told me to come get his laptop, which he hasn't used in months. I did, took me forever to find the charger cord and found out that either he or the bratkin killed my vacuum cleaner and am not quite sure, but I think my old laptop that I got from a friend, here at SR, but was slow is gone?

Regardless, if Bev's son can't fix it, dad is going to take it to our computer dude who is awesome. He has 2 cats, his home office is catified, he has high shelves that they walk around on and don't go into the area where he is working (static is a big issue).

My priority is getting to my cousin's wedding in MN the end of July (and paying bills and rent). I can get a buddy pass from Bev (her husband is a retired pilot) but it's only standby and that can be iffy.

I NEED my mom's side of the family. Aunt Phyllis fell and broke her collarbone. I've missed 2 weddings, a funeral, and 3 babies being born (the oldest is 3) and it doesn't matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, we pick right up. When I was MIA from the stupid years, they all told me "we don't need the details, we love you and are so glad to see you".

It will all work out, of that I'm sure. My anti-d finally kicked in and I had a really good day. I left a bit early, but wished boss lady a good weekend and told her "I'm leaving now because I'm at 40 hours and 15 minutes". I do love my job, but I need to take care of ME and working off the clock is no longer an option. Pay me or deal with the consequences.

TPA - Have a wonderful trip, thank you for all your care, love, and wisdom.

Demascus - I am still saying prayers for all of you affected by the flood. My mind keeps going to "one door closes, another one opens" and I hope you find another dream car.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-29-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Amy I am glad you are able to get here , and I hope the computer is a quick and cheap fix. Its nice to be connected, no doubt.
I get you, on the family ... they are your flesh and blood and some people can pick right up where they left off. that is special, and no wonder you miss it.. you need those hugs and affirmations of love.
glad the anti d is working! and that you feel comfortable taking care of yourself now at work. Your time is valuable, and they will respect that you stand up for what is good for you.

Lauren, I forgot to say that I am really glad that your son is better. I've been keeping him in my prayers . Thank God for KC, truly. She is a comfort, all around.

Damascus, hope you are staying safe, and that things are getting better in Texas. The affected are in many prayers.

have a good restful night all. thinking of all hh'rs and hoping you have a blessed day tomorrow.
love
chic
Old 05-30-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Sometimes we are given gifts..yet sometimes we miss noticing,
With my sons illness..and a loss of a young friend recently.
I was given a gift..my hubby had me tippy toe into a downstairs
bedroom..and ever so quietly opened the blinds..it is located
under the upstairs balcony..a lovely huge window..he whispered..
look under the stairs..It was a nest..and a tail and beak is all you
could see..A robins nest...now I can watch and see them grow.
I was feeling shaken..losing this young friend..it was not a death,
thank you god this young one is still alive...it was a void of someone I
will miss with all my heart..as you see.. I can never go back..nor can
my friends that also felt the loss and pain and who also walked each
step with such care and feelings.
So.....this gift of a robin family..sends me a message of hope..a robin is
a robin...and the little ones will be robins..I don't have to worry they will
be hawks..or predators..they will be a family of whom god meant them to
be..and they will always follow their path..I hope my lost friend will become
the best human person they can become..as I miss this person..and I'm sure
this person misses the affection that was given freely.

Being sentimental

lauren
Old 05-30-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

So beautifully said (((Lauren)))

Thank you for saying it.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

(((((Lauren))))).

I'm home and awake for the moment, I may go back to sleep.

Poor Miley.

(((((Amy)))). I hope you can get the computer stuff straightened out quickly. Old Mercury Retrograde is sure having his fun with us, hey? Lots of snafus, lots of stuff going missing. Seems I've spent time hunting for things.

(((((Chicory))))) did things get settled down in your workplace?

Hi to all under the roof here. I am distressed. It's OK. It will be OK.

Love from Lenina
Old 05-30-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Gee, I thought I replied but guess I did not hit send.

Leelee , I am sorry that things are tough right now.
Things are good for me, at work, and pretty much everywhere its all ok. Not much going on. good being me again.

hugs and love
chic
Old 05-31-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hello to all The Hen House!

I need to do more reading before I can talk to all individually. New people, new news...much to digest! And to all of you I do know from the past.

Amy! (I shriek with open arms!!) I look forward to catching up with you.

Chicory, Lenina and Least HI!

I have had a rough time with pain lately and trying to come up with a narcotic-free pain management program. I've got the Dr's on board so I'm hoping everything turns out well.

lauren, I love your reflections on the robin's. Take a wild guess at my daughter's name! Yup! LOL

Looking forward to knowing you all here in the Hen House soon

...Ruby...
Old 05-31-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Lauren - You do have such a way with words and the telling of a story or a situation. I'm glad your son is getting better, I'm glad DIL is such a joy to all of you, that Miley can now eat her chicken and eat a cookie, and hubby has all kinds of wonderful things to make you meals for quite a while

LeeLee - I really wish life stuff would just give you a break for a while, time to not be stressed out about one thing or another that is going whacky. You soooo deserve it.

Ruby - I've missed you! Glad you have a dr. on board to work with the pain mgmt and go the non-narcotic root.

Chic - I need to get copies made of the door key, as it's the one that doesn't have a microchip and cost too much. Found a magnetic key holder in my car, while cleaning it up, but have never even taken it out of the package.

Least - I like your idea but I don't always even HAVE pockets in what I wear.

Love to all!

Okay, so B (yes, another B) but Bev's son has done several diagnostic tests and I was there until 10 pm last night. We left one running all night long. He's going to try one more thing, took the laptop back to his apt. as it takes 48 hours. Told me I could get a $400 computer that would work for what I need and I may spend more than that on this one.

Dad says I can keep his laptop as long as I need it.

Good news is, I went to a store to replace my vaper cigarette thing as I simply can't afford cigs any more but am not willing to do the nicotine withdrawal quite yet.

Long story short, a couple in there want Miss Kitty, are dearly in love with her already, I just have to get her spayed (they have a male who they were told was fixed and wasn't) They will help me pay for it ($55-60) from what I found, I just have to come up with the money and take a day off as it's a mobile unit (with a great reputation) and they're a different place every day. Occasionally they come up by my office.

Of course she has taken the damned weekend off and I haven't seen her - I panick when she does this but I think she's used to my work week schedule and will be back in the morning. I hope so.

Back to work in the morning, and doc is going to a conference in France for over a wee, at some point this week so things will be slow and if I can get Miss Kitty in , it won't be a bad time to take time off.

TPA - Hope you are having a great time on your vacation!

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-01-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good Morning HH'rs! even if it is Monday. I think I move slower on Monday morning than any other morning of the week.

Hello and welcome back Ruby! I remember you how is everything going in your world? Great white north..Alaska? brrrr.

TPA, been thinking of you . Hope you are having fun with that granddaughter and the rest of the family.

Amy, I hope Miss Kitty is home from her weekend fun, and that you are able to get her in for her 'fixin' She and mini motts probably run together. Wonder if the same owners had them both?

Keeping good thoughts out for the laptop I would like one someday, as I don't like to sit at the desk , since my chair isn't really comfy.

the birds are singing away - Robin songs are so cheery, in the early quiet of morning, outside my window.

Lauren, have fun watching those babies ... they are sweet.

Leelee, I hope that today brings some smiles and laughter...

love to all.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My furnace kicked on this morning!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Sorry i been lost gods Working over here just wait till u guys see the next car ima get
Old 06-01-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I'm seeing you in a Batmobile

Least, I turned my furnace on an hour ago..