Notices

Hen House Talk Part 59

Old 01-27-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi Lenina...I haven't talked t my doctor about that med yet but I will talk to my psychiatrist the next time I have an appointment.
My gp wouldn't give me a fire extinguisher if I was on fire. He has no trust for me because of my past addiction issues…and doesn't agree with my psychiatrist.... Ugh

My psychiatrist gave me Ativan for anxiety but I have abused benzodiazepines in the past and ended up in really bad shape so I'm really careful with mine.

I think it's time to switch GPs and find somebody who's more open-minded.

Many years ago I did get a blood pressure medication to help wean off opiates.can't remember what it was called but it worked wonderfully.

I'm pretty disappointed with narcotics anonymous in my local.

ever since I stopped going some Members stopped talking to me and I have no idea why except to say that I stopped going and maybe they're offended, it's pretty hurtful as I've been a pretty good friend to these people in the past and very helpful.
Not everybody's like that, but there is a click that is ....and it bothers me.

I thought we are allowed to come and go as we please, but apparently not.....sigh!

Maybe I should go to a meeting.. and when they ask for topics... I'll raise my hand and say
~ how about ..."people who are control freaks"

-------------------

Anyway, off to the dentist tomorrow for a root canal..lol

Oh p.s. Have any of you guys ever had laughing gas during dental work, my wife has and she said it kept her calmer , but I never have ....

Just wondering if it could end up being a trigger...
Old 01-27-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

TPA, so glad you got home and comfy in time! I prayed to about this storm.
when I heard some talking about how it was just too much hype, I figured a lot of folks prayed for it to not be so devastating! It was good to hear your post..hugs to you.

Dreamscape. I doubt it will be a trigger, different feeling altogether. I have had them without it though. they gave me shots to numb it. that worked for me. unless the dentist recommends it, I would not worry about it. Hope it is as quick as my last one was.. they have improved immensely!

love and hugs to all. sleepy tonight.
grateful for SR and all my friends here
xoxoxo
chic
Old 01-27-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hmmm Joe, I have encountered the same issue here, with NA.
I feel unwelcome now.
I had planned to go back, and the person who I was going with must have spoken to an old friend of mine who no longer has me in her good books.

Long story short ~ I heard the message loud and clear. I was pretty upset for a while.
So I went back to AA instead...no judgement there at all.
I was welcomed with open arms, no matter how many years it had been.

Love to all in the HH. ♥
Old 01-27-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Well, Venus, the way I am seeing that, is its their problem..not you or anything you did. its none of their freaking business what YOU do.... they need to worry about their own selves and must maintain their recovery, no matter what path anyone else must follow.

Good to see you sweetie. I was thinking of you

love and hugs and nighty nite my little vegamite!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Nitey nite my darling chic!!!! ♥♥♥
Old 01-27-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks Chic, I think I'll give it a try
Venus, I hear ya about AA, some really good recovery and almost zero drama!

Chic I agree, people should focus on themselves and maintain thier recovery, but for some control and power comes first.
..Its when ya step back a bit ..that the true colours of some members come shining thru

This same problem has been cycling itself over and over and over where I'm from.

I know who's pulling the crap but Its in my best interest to avoid the toxicity, that's why I am seeking alternative meetings

I just brought the whole thing up because I needed to vent..sigh

Anyway Onward and upward as they say!
G'night to all!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hello TPA love ~ I keep missing you.
Sending you huge hugs. ♥
Old 01-28-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Made a trade with my dad for a small welder that he has, for a larger aluminum welder that I have that I don't use.
I need a small one to complete the racks and tool box needed on my landscape trailer.
I want everything to be ready to go in just a few weeks.

Spring is closing in rapidly here, just yesterday my sister heard spring frogs chirping!!!
Can't remember ever hearing frogs in January… Lol.......so strange!!

I hope you all have a nice day
Old 01-28-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Joe - I tried NA, but at the time, it just didn't work for me. It wasn't the people, it was me. However, I was also going to AA and really liked the fact that there were way more meetings and special stuff on holidays and "tough times" like Superbowl or whatever. Good deal you made with your dad!

A year ago, we were hit with a horrible snow/ice storm. Today, it was 54 degrees We still do have a chance of "wintery mix" next week, but if it happens, I will just stay home/leave early/whatever. I now have paid time off!!!

Work has been fine, busier today than yesterday. I'm thoroughly enjoying the break from boss lady, but I'm still paranoid at whether I'm doing the right thing ACCORDING TO HER.

This, too, shall pass.

Thinking of our sweet Jaybird, hoping that Moose can soon come and visit.

Love you all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

It has been settled...I am being transferred out of here tomorrow to a different facility. It's not a hospital per say, it's state run but it's not a ward of a hospital, it's a whole "community" (read building) of mentally ill. Sounds fun, right? I know, you don't have to be jealous.

The reason I am being transferred is mainly because my insurance says "no more" and this place is supposedly free for me since I'm crazy enough to qualify somehow, and because they have more leeway there in terms of things like "service" dogs...though Moose technically isn't one just because he wasn't trained in by a service dog organization. The lines are fuzzy, I think I can actually legally get away with calling him a service dog because I have trained him on tasks that are specific to my mental health and have therapy dog trained him (like he's a legit certified therapy dog, went through the training and everything). Service dogs actually don't need to be certified by anyone. He's pretty good with just about everything except laying down for hours on end. That's the one thing he won't do. Otherwise, no one would know the difference if I slapped a service dog vest on him. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I still don't think A is really allowed at this new place, but if I can have Moose everything will be 5 million times better for me... we'll see. Nothing is guaranteed. I'm sure there will be some silly stipulation that works against me. Seems to be how it always goes.

I think this is a good thing? I'm not really sure. The voices have softened a bit but now the memories are bugging me (an understatement). If it's not one thing it's the other...
Old 01-28-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

((Jay)) - If you can work it out to get Moose to be with you, YES, this is a good thing.

I can only imagine what it's like to be transferred to somewhere else, but my feelings? Where you were? They weren't what you needed. Yes, I am a codie, but I only want the best for you, and I think this is a better opportunity.

I'm sure you only want to "get back to life" but I also have concerns about the voices and the memories.

Please remember that there are so many people cheering you on. Some, you probably don't even know about, but you do know all the henhousers are right here for you.

You are loved, we wish the best for you. We will be here for you, no matter what. We may suggest things that are hard to accept, but it's all done out of love.

Keep in touch, sweetie.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-28-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi Jaybird,

Just popping in to send you some love and encouragement. I hope the new location better meets your needs. I suspect it will be a bit more homey and less hospitally. (I know, that's not a real word!) And if A and Moose are allowed, it will make all the difference!

Love and hugs~40
Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi Amy - the welder I traded to my dad was more sophisticated and newer than the one I got, but the one I got is smaller and I don't have a lot of space so yes it worked out good for both of us.
Dad also gave me welding rod and a chipping hammer, which is nice because it means I don't have to buy anything extra.

One thing I need to mention since this is a recovery board and I need to rat on myself even if I come close to using.
Well I've been quite close to using these past few days, I just want relief so bad
I keep getting close to saying f- it
My anxiety is bad and I keep having to go to the bathroom but nothing's there, if ya know what I mean.
24/7 and week after week is difficult. I've been tested for bladder infection but there's never anything there, it's just from stress

I try to stay happy on fb but dang it's really getting to me.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

I wish you all peace
Old 01-28-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Joe ~ talking about wanting to use is important. It helps us to get past the urges. Many hugs for you!

Oh Jay....this is so hard for you love. But just knowing that you can have Moose with you (I hope) is a huge win.

Just sending you more love, and hoping you can feel how much we care about you.
We are on your side!!! ♥♥
Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Jay..I am a fan of yours as well, wanting only the best for you to
get to a safe place that can be happy for you. I love the idea of
Moose perhaps being able to be with you..

lauren
Old 01-29-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

<---what the heck is this supposed to convey?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by JustAYak View Post
<---what the heck is this supposed to convey?
I was going to say yawning, but with the hair standing up at the end, I'm gonna guess a sneeze?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hmm, the code for it is "rohno!"...
Old 01-29-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

The R is an error I'd say....it is supposed to be OH NO!!!

Love you Jay....you too suki....hugs for all. Have to run. ♥
Old 01-29-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Do you have Scooby Doo in Australia? I'm not so sure that the R is an error.