Notices

Hen House Talk Part 59

Old 01-25-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yep, I use white vinegar and baking soda to keep my drains running. Whenever they get lazy, I dump some baking soda in there and add some hot white vinegar. It looks like a lab experiment going on, but it sure does the trick.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Lauren - one sight I visit calls it "the cleaning volcano"?

Tom - Thanks for the info. I'd read a lot about that, but a lot of people said it didn't work for them. Others said that it does work, but this "recipe" does the same and doesn't cost as much. Apparently, the hydrogen peroxide works like the enzyme thing? I may still try it.

Bev said that even if we replaced the carpet, "we" still have 3 cats and 1 is 16, the other 15, and we would probably still have the same problem. She's not going to replace the carpet unless it is a part of selling the house.

I did find out that the black light also shows wherever I've previously cleaned the carpet? I probably need to invite my friend M's daughter over. She's interning and in school to become a real CSI agent, loves animals and me

I'm waiting until it gets dark to see how bad the den is. Tiger has always been bad behind the chair and I think he may have gone in the a/c vent? No way I can clean the heating/air ducts, but I can clean and rearrange things so he can't get back there any more.

LOVE my cats, but really could do without this part of it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-25-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

In a fair bit of pain today Ames...not feeling very chatty.

Love to all in the HH. ♥
Old 01-25-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

(((Venus)))

love to all HH'rs.. gotta hit the hay, get up at 3am, and go in for inventory... just love that.....

xoxoxo
chicory
Old 01-25-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

((Venus))

Sweet dreams, Chic - hope you aren't bombarded by snow.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-25-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thank you! I won't get much, but the folks in the East coast are in for it. prayers for their safety!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Definitely - prayers for those in the path of the storm!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-26-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Chic - strange as it is we do have daffodils coming up here ..and the weather is getting warmer!!! Sooo wierd

Amy- 60 degrees is unreal!

Someone on my fb who lives in Alberta was on his sun deck..lying back soaking up the sun
today...so strange .....should be 10-20 below there (this time of year)

This morning I had extreme anxiety, so bad I felt I couldn't face the day....I just kept on sleeping till late in the morning,trying to escape life.
I finally got up and drank some coffee

I don't want to use, I'm just not into relapse..
There is a better way

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish you all an awesome sleep!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

You are too special to live anything but happy, Joe.

I had the same kind of morning, in a way.

now I am up and getting ready for inventory.ugh.

keep doing the next right thing, as they say
love and hugs!
chic
Old 01-26-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Joe ~ I suffer so badly from anxiety.
I do not talk about this here. Ever. But I read your post, and I don't want you to feel alone.
It is so crippling. Just talking about it makes my heart race, and I choke up, and panic.

One thing I have learned, and it has taken me a long time, is that hiding makes it worse.
Far worse. Every time we get out of bed and say F U, we get closer to being able to cope.
So talk to the monster, and tell it F U....and then go have a shower and make some toast, and go for a walk. And then it gets more bearable. Really. ♥
Old 01-26-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Just a brief update - so far, and for the majority of the morning, rain. It may at times be mixed with snow, before changing over to all snow at some point this afternoon. Major relief, and much gratitude to God. When the snow does come, it's going to be a big deal, so I'm very happy that it's apparently holding off until I take care of business. I'll be gone from 0645 to around 1100, and as long as it stays rainy, things will be OK. I appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers. Will let you know how it goes. Geez, and I used to be so fearless, so resourceful - until I went to the dark place with my cancer diagnosis. Oh well. Faith and hope and prayer get me through.

Love you guys, TPA
Old 01-26-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Sorry this looks like - well, is - a double post, but many hours have passed between posts. Just wanted to say "Never underestimate the power of prayer." Got home about 1045, changed clothes, took off makeup, and snagged a Diet Coke. Cold rain, mixed with a little snow near the doc's office, and now the forecast, that ever changing bundle of reliability, says we'll get around an inch, whereas NE is going to get hammered. They then add, "This forecast is constantly changing, keep it here for the latest updates."

I spent a couple of winters on the Canadian border, where snowfall averaged 180 inches a year. Learned quickly to drive in it, and it was no big deal. Maybe it's a function of age, but the thought of driving in heavy and/or deep snow sends me into major anxiety. But I kept repeating "worry won't change anything, have faith and go forth." Was talking to the clerk at the pharmacy and she's the same way - can no longer drive in snow and is frightened at the prospect. She's younger than I am by a few years, so perhaps it is a function of aging. But I am home, in my comfortable, warm sweaties, with my very cool portable heater, the dogs nearby and the cat sleeping on my bed. It's all good. Very good.

I am hoping that NE is spared the dire predictions, and I hope no one's coop is in the region. And I feel for the homeless, praying they find adequate shelter. If I permit myself to think of the animals, I'll be in tears, so I'm putting them in the care of the God who says He cares even for the sparrows, as not one falls without his knowledge. Life is so fragile, isn't it?

I'm going to watch the Weather Channel for awhile, counting my blessings, which include my friends here. Be well, be warm and safe, TPA
Old 01-26-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

TPA - So glad you got home before the storm hit.

Joe - I have some pretty mild anxiety, but I do like what Venus suggested. I hope that both of you are feeling better.

Though I listened to a NY radio station at work (have an app on my phone and can't get an Atlanta station?) but didn't hear much about the storm other than a lot of stuff shutting down. Did check AOL to see what is going on, but figured I would find out more by coming here

Lots of friends are in the path of Juno, and I've been sending up prayers since yesterday.

Dad is on his way to the Mexico border of TX with Tinker. I reminded him to be careful down there.

Work was fine, still rather laid back and I love it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-26-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hey, thanks everyone. I did get back on the computer today. Still getting a new computer though. I had lots of PUPs on this, thinks that stands for Potential Unwanted Programs. Had 19 of those. Got my firefox back, and trying to not use this computer too much, since I am getting a windows 8.1, and may need whatever is working on this computer to help me learn the new computer.

I'm outside of the big storm. Will only get about 6 inches here in the Pocono area. Did have to go out today to shovel the other snow, so that maybe I can just drive over this snow.

Thinking of everyone that will get hit really bad with this.

jynx
Old 01-26-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

jynx - I haven't heard much good about windows 8, but did read that they are coming out with the 10 version and it will be a free upgrade?

Glad you aren't in the thick of the storm, but like you, I'm sending up prayers and good thoughts for those who ARE in the thick of it.

Heading to bed, soon. Since we are a bit slow at work, I need to go in early so I can get OFF early and still meet my 8 hours.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-26-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Ok, I don't know if I will get this done this year for Valentines Day. Did go out today to buy red paint, but also thinking about pink hearts for my tree. Only reason is you can see them better. I was thinking just a plain painted heart would be boring. Was thinking of personalizing each one. Put my family's name on each one. Ex One for Mom, one with my sisters name on it. My children's name on it. It they are married one for the spouse. All of their children also get a heart with their name on it. All the kids also get a heart with their names on it. Put names on hearts for my closest friends. And of course, one for SR. Am I getting carried away here.

Would love to hear any ideas on a Valentines Day tree using a Christmas tree.

jynx
Old 01-26-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words and suggestions.
I sure seem to do better in the evening then in the morning, but I think that's common with anxiety/ depression

Off to smart recovery again tomorrow, I've only been to one meeting (last week) but I liked it.

Wishing everyone a good sleep and pleasant dreams..
Old 01-26-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

((((joe))). Have you asked your doctor about atenolol? It's a beta blocker. I've been taking it for close to 30 years. It was originally prescribed for my reactions to a very common heart thing I have called Mitrial valve prolapse. It's not dangerous, it's not shortening my life in any way. But it makes me have what feels like panic attacks. And those attacks are so severe I fear them greatly. I think the fear increased my anxiety and lead me to drinking, which caused more anxiety and led me to drink. The Atenolol did not allow my heart to race. So I could get off alcohol. So I could use the therapy I was having to reduce my real anxiety and Move Forward in treatment for my addiction.

Does that sense? Anyway, I am now over seven years. You might ask your doctor about this. The atenolol is not, in any way mood altering, I still have to see to my business of getting well, of working through much less anxiety, moving on away from addiction. I used stand that atenolol is used here during the withdrawal process.

Something to think about if it's anxiety hold you back from recovery.

Love from Lenina
Old 01-26-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Sorry I didn't say anything Joe ~ I'm not much use today.
Having a really bad day.
It sounds like LeeLee knows a lot about this; I may ask my doctor about that medication as well.

jynx ~ don't know if you will be happy about this or not, but there are some really good examples of Valentines' trees on the net.

I like this one ~

Old 01-27-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

jynx - I love your idea about the three! Beautiful tree, Vee! Do they even still make the necklaces and bracelets of candy? Maybe hang that as "garland", though on second thought that may look tacky. I bet you could find pink Mardi Gras beads in a dollar store, that would be cool!

Joe - I'm glad you enjoyed the Smart meeting and are going back. I do pray your anxiety gets under control, and I know of several people that take what LeeLee does for panic attacks.

I hope those who are dealing with the storm are safe and warm. It was sunny here, but cool with the wind. Really slow at work, I finally left before I fell asleep on my desk.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy