Notices

Hen House Talk Part 59

Old 03-01-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

I just found out bratkin is addicted to opiates She called dad, asking for help going to a methadone clinic. He asked for MY help, as he is clueless about addiction. At first, I said "no" because he told me both bratkins had been on methadone for 2 years? Totally wrong story.

They both just started new jobs, haven't gotten paid. I did go down there, they are back with a very supportive cousin, who I just found out, is also on methadone. I adore her - hard worker, responsible and a good mama.

Bratkins moved out of state to get away from the pills, she found out they are everywhere. Thought she could get off them on her own, afraid someone would try to take BB, feels like the scummiest person on earth.

I know I didn't give birth to her, but she's my kid. I am angry that this started with sm giving her handfuls of pain pills to deal with the headaches and backache she had from the epidural when she had BB, but I know it does no good.

Bratkin numbed out the pain of losing sm with the pills, now it is all hitting her hard. I'm going through the 3 c's, over and over. I have to go back to me becoming an A despite knowing all I did.

Such a mixture of feelings, but I am glad that she and I could talk and she was honest with me; that I can understand what she is feeling and going through.

It is what it is, and I can't say I never saw this coming. I did, but I was powerless to head it off.

I'm going to get busy cleaning and doing laundry, something I actually have control over.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-01-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

(((amy))) those three c's we can add.. we cannot circumvent it either.
I always worried, but did not know how easily one can become dependent on opiates. Bratkin has you for her esh, and we all know that its the only thing we can do.

those damn pills must be everywhere....

love n hugs.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Thanks Chic. I know, with the brain I have, that it isn't sm's fault, I think. She was doing what she knew to do, even though it was wrong.

I'm a bundle of emotions, but am holding strong in recovery. In about a week, I will have 8 years in recovery. I just pray that going through what I went through will help my bratkin.

I hurt for her and I'm angry that she was taught that using was okay and a way to deal with life.

On the other hand, she's seen me hit bottom and recover. She knows my dirty secrets, and she knows how much I love her.

I just hope that she is strong enough to get through this.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-01-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

I bet she is pretty darned strong (((Amy))) just a feeling I have, from what you have said over the years.
wow, 8 years coming up.. that is fantastic!
love
chic
Old 03-01-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Congrats of 8 years Amy!!!! That's awesome!!

--------------------------

Opiates are horrible. I was only addicted to codeine but it was bad enough....hard to stop

I'm fortunate I didn't fry my liver

Work went good today, it rained but work is work

Nice to have my own business, hope I can keep busy, busy!

Good night friends
Old 03-01-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

(((Lauren))). I'm happy you're got a sense of peace now. I'm so happy about the wedding and it sounds like your son is getting his life settled! That's so great

((((chicory))) why on earth would anyone be mad at you? You're a sweetheart and always so helpful! We all love you!

((((Amy))). I am so sorry for Bratkins. I hope she doesn't jump from the frying Pam into the fire with the methadone. I know she's had a hard road. I'm glad she has you for the guidance but it is up to her to take the actions. You've worked so hard to get yourself up and out of the madness! Now, you've got a job that you've trained for, you've got a nice cozy house to stay in with your cats! You've been able to disentangle yourself from so much Codie stuff! I guess I worry because I know how I got sucked back into my family stuff. Don't take on too much, please? Point her to some NA meetings, church (if she's a believer) maybe a few Alanon meetings would be good for her.

((((Jay)))) I don't think anyone would thing you are a monster for being quiet! We miss you, of course but understand sometimes we just need to be quiet.

I'm having an uneasy day. Too much news on TV, I think.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-01-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

((((joe)))). I didn't see you there! Amy! Is it. Eight years already? oh my! That went by fast! Congrats!

Love to you both!

LeeLee
Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just a quick fly-by. Amy, so sorry to hear about Bratkin, and really hope it all works out for her. And that your heart doesn't hurt too much, that you don't overextend yourself trying to help. Congrats on the 8 years!!!

Jynx, Claire's surgery is Wednesday. Originally scheduled for tomorrow, but surgeon has to go to a funeral. Godfrey's dental surgery is tomorrow. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Jay, most people chatter out of nervous habit. I much prefer quiet types, probably because I'm one. I tried to read everything, are you getting into cooking? Great thing to pursue, it's an art form in and of itself.

Lauren, I'm happy for you, and for your son. He sounds as if he's far more grounded now, and I'm delighted he found someone to share his life with, and that the ceremony was special. How much longer must he be away? You are a wonderful Mom, and it seems he knows that.

Chic, who on earth would have the audacity to be mad at you? Send 'em my way for some re-education!

Lenina, you're doing well post surgery? Many good thoughts going your way.

If I've missed anyone, my apologies. Have one of those nagging headaches. Hopefully all the ice accumulations will melt away today as forecast, and that those hit far worse are doing OK. Love to my buds, TPA
Old 03-02-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Amy)) - It is good that you can be there for Bratkin, I know she probably appreciates it. My dad was on methadone once or twice during his brief clean periods...I don't think there is anyway he would have been able to be clean for even a month without it. Too bad it didn't make him a better person... Hugs for you though, I'm sorry you're seeing this again in the immediate family.

((TPA)) - I'm not really getting into cooking, I just like to try cooking new things every once in a while. I haven't really made much since my failure at thai peanut chicken. Maybe tonight I will make some crunch wrap supreme things. It's like the thing at taco bell but 100x better because it's not taco bell. Lol.

((Lauren)) - I do still use the weighted blanket. It's like a little prison for your body...lol. It really is heavy. Helps me sleep a little bit better though, and if you get as little sleep as I do, an extra half hour is a lot.

We'll see how I feel later...I'm supposed to see A today and I'm not feeling particularly "well" in that department. I don't feel like talking much...
Old 03-02-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Good to see all you HH'rs this morning! I hope its a great day. (((Jay))) I don't know, but maybe the way you are feeling is the time when seeing A is the best idea? good wishes anyway there. I bet you are a terrific cook... lots of men do well, because they have no preconceived ideas about seasonings, and such.. they try stuff!

(((TPA))) good to see you.. and I hope that the dental goes well.

(((Lenina))) glad you are healing up nicely. I really need to get in to get mine done.
I rarely watch news nowadays.. too frustrating. and nothing really that I am worried about, as far as here at SR, just me, being me...worry about stuff that is no big deal.

love you all. spring is on its way...yay.
chicory
Old 03-02-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I know, it's the best time to see A when I'm like this, but when I don't feel like talking I just don't talk, and then it all seems wasted. Obviously, there's a solution to this (TALK) but I can't seem to make the words come out...every time I do attempt this I just end up in a flashback which isn't really helping anything.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - Hope you are feeling a bit better? I know my sleep habits aren't nearly as bad as yours, but I was thinking, on the way home, "OMG!! What does it take to get a decent night's sleep!!!!!!". Totally frustrating.

My eight years isn't "official" until the 9th, but thanks for all the congrats

I had my little meltdown, last night, about bratkin but am better today. I'm back to my house and my cats, they are 45 minutes away. I did send her a text, this morning, just to let her know I love her.

She texted me, after work, said she felt "normal" for the first time in ages, thanked me for always being here for her.

I cannot, and will not, do anything to make this easier on her. I already told her she's going to have to go through a period of not being trusted - she brought it on herself, just like I did, and it sucks but it's worth it in the end.

I hope everyone is thawing out, finally? It was 60 degrees when I went out for lunch, I even turned on the a/c during the hot flash!

Work was good, boss lady has been letting me do my own thing with no interference.

Dad picked up Mr. Bratkin, after he got off work, so they can go get his van. Dad forgot his wallet, so drove to the other side of Atlanta to pick up Mr. B, then back to the house. Dad and I have the locator things on our phone, looks like they are just now back in north Atlanta, and I'm just glad it's not ME going up there.

Lauren - I just love hearing about your son and DIL's wedding and how much your son has changed.

LeeLee - Bratkin has a strong faith in God, but church is not her thing and she was never brought up in one. I don't see her going to meetings, but as Chic says, she's strong and I have faith she will figure it out.

Chic - when are you going to have surgery? I know you have a couple things going on, the bladder and the legs. Oddly enough, the Bratkin's cousin that they are staying with has bad varicose veins. She's young, but has been a server forever, and she was talking about how much her legs ache. I recommended the compression hose but told her I'd heard they are expensive.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-02-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Not exactly any better off than earlier today, but for the last hour I wrote through today's session, what happened, what I observed, what was said. It is not something I often do because its just a weird thing to do, but it has helped me process on occasion...it was just really heavy today. I am exhausted but not looking forward to sleeping whatsoever.

Glad you are doing okay today ((Amy)).
Old 03-03-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

((Jay)) - I know that writing things out often help me, whether it's studying or just trying to work through something. I probably need to do a little writing of my own.

Sorry to be so self-centered, I'm just having a hard time. Dad and Mr. Bratkin went to get the van, last night. I'd asked bratkin about Mr. bratkin and the pills, she said he only used them occasionally.

Another lie - he told dad he's been using them, though not to the extent of bratkin. He's on day 3 of CT.

Okay, so more will be revealed and all that. It's a long story, but bratkin's sperm donor's dad and stepmom are paying dad back for bratkin's methadone and will pay for it until they get paid, only with receipts. Anyway, dad is calling the stepmom, all the time, filling her in on details.

I don't trust this woman, she's been really helpful to the bratkins, but she has an evil streak. I mentioned that maybe the bratkins need to tell her the details? He said "bye" and hung up on me. I don't know, maybe he's right, but he tends to have diarrhea of the mouth.

I came home to hear cats fighting, little kitty is nowhere to be found. She's always waiting on me. I'm worried she's hurt or dead because I didn't get her to the shelter on time.

I just want to sleep, and I can't. I know, none of this is in my control. I know I have a lot to be grateful for.

On a good note, my appetite seems to have disappeared, so maybe I can lose a few more pounds?

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but that's where I am. I know that others are going through far worse, and I hate it, but I'm still down. Work is going good, boss lady thanked me for reminding her about my insurance, today, and is still letting me do my job without interference.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-03-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) you're not a Debbie downer, sometimes it helps to talk
Hope kitty comes home safe!!

I know full well what it's like not to have an appetite...I lost mine years ago.
It came back after I stopped Effexor but it went away again.

Most days I eat only one meal and I'm still 240 pounds.....I don't get it, I should be super duper skinny.

I hope everyone has a nice evening and a peaceful sleep
Old 03-03-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

(((Amy)))) It's kitty making season, and that was probably some kitty love going on....sweet talk, and romance and all that.. they have been noisy here too. Mostly the males are gathered around , trying to chase each other away from the girlycat. I bet your kitty is fine! sometimes they disappear for days, and show up as if nothing much has been going on.

I am sorry about the bratkins. I read your other post in Whiners, and wanted to comment. I just think your best friend right now would be 'detachment', sweetie. It's all theirs' to deal with, to overcome, etc. If they need you, they know where you are.

And Bev's sadness is upsetting I know, but you just have to try to keep living each day as happy as you can, because we all have our sadnesses and times when it is OUR turn to cry.... but now, you have a new job that is not being too mean to you lately, and you are doing well ... almost 9 years! so sweetie, if you can, detach...

I had to, at times, when things were terrible in my sons life.. I had to, in order to function, to do my job, to enjoy my other children and grands, as they deserved.

you deserve to come home, rest up, exercise and dance and listen to music, and to be happy. you have worked for it. you have worked your recovery, and suffered yourself, while others were enjoying life..so its your turn, love.

listen to that song by the birds... Turn, Turn, Turn... and live Amy's good life. Don't put off being happy until tomorrow. others bad choices were theirs to make, and they have to fix the mess. we care, but we don't have to be unhappy with them..

don't I sound like a know it all? I learned this stuff here. and practice it as much as I can. heck, we don't know what tomorrow will bring. so live your best life, today.

love you girly, you know I do.
chic
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

^^^^what Chicory said, dear ((((Amy))). I can add nothing more.

I've had a long day, maybe more on my feet that I should be. I had a lot of things to get done. Tomorrow is hair and nails. Next day, doctor follow up. Got a call from the radiologist saying I needed to come in for a mammogram and it's bothering me. It just seems unprofessional and like they are drumming up business. I'll maybe go after I get back from. DC.

I'm still weepy and draggy. It will pass.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-03-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

(((Leelee))) you know I adore you too! Please,let tomorrow be a pamper you day! I would love to get my nails done sometime, but my hands look so old anyway, it would be like putting pearls on a swine! haha. anyway, you have been through a lot.... and have not recovered yet, I think.
yes, your weepy and draggy will pass. but your heart is tender and you care about those who struggle and suffer. But you cannot do much for them if you let it bring you low, you must take care of you. We can fight things best when we rest up and gather our ammo.
Yes, they want to pay for those machines! I have to get a mammo done every year, but I have missed a few years.. will make an appt. it is something we should do, faithfully!
I hope you feel better tomorrow. get lots of rest and drink lots of water and non fat milk makes me feel better for some reason. maybe the extra hormones help me.. I have that silly theory, anyway... I am nuts. I am glad I can be nuts here in the Hen house
love to you all. Jay you get some rest

My granddaughter got a concussion Sunday. She was outside building a snow 'wall' and the youngest Dane jumped over it and knocked granddaughter in the back of the head with her 'knee', I guess you would call it. didn't realize it was serious until Monday, when her vision was a bit blurry and headache began. they took her to the doc and she is doing fine, but must stay home all week from school, not watch tv, nor use her iphone, computer or read, or even listen to music! I called tonight to see how she is doing, and she was playing with playdough! haha she is 13 and its been a while, since she did that. she was having a good time! I love her so. They are keeping a close eye on her,,, she has good parents, and a grandmama who hovers too!

love and hugs,
chic
Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Oh, that's scary chic. I'm glad that your granddaughter is OK.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Thank you Venus It was scary! For three days, I felt so uneasy... I nearly called my daughter today, just to see if all was well..strange huh? then she called me, and told me.. I just freak out when any of my children,and grandbabies get sick or hurt

love and hugs
chic