Notices

Wheres chasing the dream

Old 01-18-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wheres chasing the dream

Disappeared to. Everytime I went on the missing list off here cos I using and too ashamed to come back. Chasing get back on here kidda X
Old 01-19-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Red!

Thank you for thinking of me! I'm ok, I'm actually doing really well, but I've hurt my back so sitting at the computer is hard.

Apart from that, I'm happy and healthy. Have been reading how you're getting on and really proud of you.

I'm having a look at other elements in my life now too- gave up sugar 2 weeks ago and am feeling amazing for it. Didn't want to heap too much pressure on myself in one go, but it feels like the right thing to do- I was a complete sugar *****

So, how are you doing Red? Once again, it actually really means a lot to know that you were thinking of me

Old 01-19-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll reply to this lovely post tomorrow on my way to to early morning torture chamber :-)
Old 01-19-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Heya chasing, Red's post made me wonder too, stoked you're still on the front foot, there's quite a few of us doing well in early recovery here
Old 01-20-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pleased to hear you good chasing! Keep up the good work! I don't like sweet things really smack made me eat loads of sugar, you really on the giving up tip right now!!!

Yes we going well in early stages - that's great - but we need to be conscious of the danger zone ahead. I need to step up my meetings and other things (like bloody bikram yoga at 6am) to keep on the straight and narrow.

Got a text off a friend to say he was using today. Really angry with him. Really angry like I want to level the ****. But that solves nothing tuning someone In. Just told him Again not to text/contact me again whilst he still being an idiot.
745pm still at work, under lots of pressure, needed that text like a hole in the head. Not because i wanted to use, just the fact he distracted me and it felt like he was tempting me the way it was written (referring to previous "laughs" we'd had while getting off our heads) - some people just don't want you to quit eh? Makes them look at themselves & their life's too much - I was so annoyed I spent about 30 mins thinking about replying before deciding to ignore him completely. I'm not falling for tedious saboteurs like that. He's like a white belt saboteur, I'm sure I'll come across black belts so good training really :-) keep clean and strong everyone!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You have nailed it red. When using and knowing inside you wish you could quit you are jealous of those that manage to accomplish it.

I found that I had very few friends when I quit drinking. The drugs I did all by myself anyway so lost no one.

I was so fortunate (?) to have my use become public knowledge and boy was there a stampede running away from me. I was so fortunate to have my wife who stuck by me than and the stumbles I've taken since.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice thread
Yay for everybody
We can do this!
Who would have thought :-)
Old 01-20-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can't believe it myself, waking up and not thinking about heroin is such a refreshing change. Was really tired yesterday after an early start. Good sleep and now I'm ready for a massively intense day at work. And relishing it. Still v early stages but happy with being clean - just need to make sure I don't let cleaning the mess up of my addiction make me lose heart/get week. In the 10+ times i tried to quit I learnt something knew about myself and my addiction. Still lots to learn but I know enough to stay clean!!! And that is a blessing after the last few years :-)
Old 01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for all kind words guys seeing those words means heaps thank you :-)
Old 01-22-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so p***ed at your 'friend' for texting you. People on drugs are selfish c**s if you'll pardon my words! It just makes him feel bad about his drug use that you're not using now. All power to you red.

I love my little thread! Yay to us! Blazing the trail for the 'early to sobriety but gonna make it' crew
Old 01-23-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chasingthedream View Post
Blazing the trail for the 'early to sobriety but gonna make it' crew
Can I be in your crew pretty please?
Old 01-23-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes! You are already

So pleased you're doing well. Still going to meetings MJ?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is a good crew, hold tight.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning Gnarly (7am London time)!
All good with you?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

We are all in the crew - only rules are you stay clean and if you feel like your wobbling you tell us and we pull you back. No judgement. We all addicts and humans. Means good and bad days. Just need to recognise the bad days happen to everyone. I think as addicts we are selfish (I don't mean the term pejoratively) and tend to think it's just us.
Let's keep a tight ship, it's early days still but im 38 days clean and a happy camper right now. My longest since I ever started using properly ( pre full blown addiction)
I look back at most of my 20s- a blur. Most of my 30s, a blur, I'm refusing to spend my 40s I a drink/fuelled blur - fook that - I have more to offer and so does life.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Nice thoughts there Red- we're all in this together, yep let's pull together as a team. I was awake at 4.30 this morning feeling pretty s**t, anxious, have had a not so great week, but am feeling much better this afternoon after a walk in the woods.
What you got planned for the weekend?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cheers chasing did bikram today met mate for lunch he new to oz watch the ufc tomorrow then work Sunday afternoon got a BBQ on Monday near my house overlooking harbour bridge opera house etc great location go there for an hour but bikram and work basically! You? It's a long weekend here.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow sounds like you live in an awesome spot. I've got lots of friends and family in Aus, loved Sydney when I went. Ever coming back do you think?!

Went out for dinner lastnight, having a quiet weekend now. It's freezing cold, so roaring fire, snuggling up, homemade Mexican food. Just a nice chilled day
Old 01-24-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sydney is a great spot! Weather lovely right now. Be late 30s tomorrow nice n hot. Back to visit but doubt live, too cold!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yeah, it's absolutely freezing today. I'd love the outdoor lifestyle you get over there, and, living by water is amazing!
How's your weekend going- staying strong?