Hen House Talk, Part 58!

Welcome to all, the old thread is here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-57-a-21.html

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-13-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vee- Am praying that you make putting yourself first a habit

TOD - I get it, about the pills, but "I wan't to get off, just not know"? Sorry, but I used that one for years Yes, I totally get, it is much better if you have the time to be sick, tired, grumpy or whatever. I just wanted to get off the drugs, but not right now, for too long.

Winter has hit, it will be in the 20's tonight I'm wearing flannel jammies, a sleep shirt AND a sweatshirt.

Dad is heading to PA, said there is only a slight chance of snow, as the wicked weather hasn't hit the east coast yet? I will be doing at least the Sat. Chattanooga run if it is a go, and that's fine. Any extra money is going toward bills and it's nice to actually be able to PAY them now.

I have been working a little extra. They don't want me to get OT, but an hour or so on a check passed last check. I get it, I'm still new, but I've been helping others out when I am caught up and will be filling in for another girl tomorrow, as much as I can.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-13-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Evening Hen House!

Day 130!

Amy: When I made the decision to get off the pain meds? It happened around the time I was brought on board to sit with dad at night. Then he passed a week later and mom moved in with us for a month and a half. She brought a ton of paper work along with her and I was tasked to figure it all out.

Not long after she moved out the Holidays arrived and was done here at our place. Then Jethro was scheduled for hand surgery the day I chose to finally get off the meds! So that pushed me even further out before I could get off them. Like I said: "It was one thing after another that put me into a position of having to wait"! I have lots of responsibilities here at home to tend to every day. I wasn't going to put myself in a position I couldn't do what needed to be done during those times.

I don't make frivolous decisions over something as important as getting off the pain meds. I pick a day and start my detoxing. Up till this last time? I've never had anything get in the way of it happening. Even seven days into my C/T off the meds? I was told to be at mom's favorite restaurant to gather with family members for a 50th birthday party. I'm damned glad I had seven days under my feet at that time, because if it'd been planned any sooner? I wouldn't have been able to make it. It takes all the energy I can muster just to care for the animals here during the first week off the pain meds.

There was a lot more going on, but I'm not going to list it all. I only spoke of the more critical things that happened.

I'm sorry if I came off as sounding like I was making excuses!

TOD
Old 11-13-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As fas as I am concerned TOD, what matters is that you're off them now. It's wonderful!

130 days is awesome!

Love V xx
Old 11-13-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm afraid I don't understand what the "Chattanooga run" means Ames.
I just hope yo can stay warm!!!!

All of us are just so happy for you that you love your job!

V xx
Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
As far as I am concerned TOD, what matters is that you're off them now. It's wonderful!

130 days is awesome!

Love V xx
Thank You! And Amen!

Life is SOOOOO much better now!

Like the song says: "Put your right foot in, pull your right foot out. Put your left foot in, pull your left foot out! And shake it all about! LOL

TOD
Old 11-14-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Get your right foot to look up Orphan Black and Shameless.
Really.
Best TV I have EVER seen!!!!!

V xx
Old 11-14-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Get your right foot to look up Orphan Black and Shameless.
Really.
Best TV I have EVER seen!!!!!

V xx
LOL I will, but not tonight! Errrrr this morning! I need to get Molly's bed fixed and get her in it. Then I need to hit the shower and get myself to bed! I have an appointment to get the hair done later today!

Stepdaughter wants us to go to Bass Pro with her and the kids Saturday to see Santa and have their pictures made together.

Bass Pro is "Pet" friendly too! Jethro was talking about taking Maria to have her picture made with Santa too! She's HIS kid!

TOD
Old 11-14-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Venus - every weekend, for the last several months, dad or I have taken some envelopes to Chattanooga, usually sat. And sun. Easy drive and I like the extra money

On my lunch break, though sitting at my desk. It's up to 41 degrees, but will drop again tonight.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-14-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning Hen House!

Day 131!

There's nothing like being in a deep sleep and having my alarm go off beside my head! I just about jumped out of bed! LOL I sure don't miss that every morning! But gotta get woke up and then start getting ready to go get the hair done!

I remembered something from yesterday when I saw the Jethro's kid above! Yesterday when I got up? I was sitting in the bathroom listening to Jethro talk to Maria. Then she got cranked up because he wasn't LISTENING to what she really wanted! Mom was up! Put me off your shoulder so I can run down the hall to get her to take me outside!

When I walked into the kitchen the first words out of Jethro's mouth was: "Thank God you're up! She's now yours!" I stood there looking at him and said: "NOW you understand why I need a place during the day to put her in for awhile where it's warm and she can enjoy herself!" OUTSIDE!!!! Welcome to my daily routine around here with her! This is also why I hand her off to YOU when you get home!

Like the song says?

what do we do with maria song from sound of music - Bing Videos

She hasn't woke up yet! Still in bed! So I have a few minutes of peace and quite before the whining commences! It's 39 degrees! When I put Martha Mae and Marvin outside? It took Martha Mae nano seconds to turn around and start knocking on the door to come back inside. NOT! The heat bulb is on in the pit. She can hangout in there! And in 10 days I have mom's two little dogs coming to add to the chaos around here!

Everyone have a good day!

TOD
Old 11-14-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good evening Hen House!

Got my hair colored and cut. Jethro even got off work early and I convinced him to come get his ears lowered too!

I'm trying to talk him into taking Maria tomorrow for a photo with Santa. He's not having any part of it. He doesn't want her around all the ppl. Like she hasn't gone everywhere before when running from storms! Maybe his daughter and grandkids can talk him into it tomorrow?

I've got shows to watch and I'm going to do it as soon as I wake Molly up!

TOD
Old 11-15-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Gorgeous, but cool, day here. Aunt Phyllis said my cousins now have over 2 feet of snow but they are as far north as one can get in MI and are used to it.

Went to pick up groceries and other stuff. Got the supplement for my arthritis and the gelcaps are huge but I don't have a problem with them. Aunt Phyllis said it won't help, immediately, but I can tell a difference.

Cats are outside, I'm about to start cleaning the house. Will also try out the new/used washing machine.

Bev's sister now has to have a mastectomy as they didn't get all the cancer. She's pretty upset, and I understand that. On a good note, she got to hear the heartbeats of her granddaughter for the first time. Not sure when she is due, but think it's about 6 more months.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-15-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Popping in. Amy knows it is part of my regular m.o. to disappear for awhile, nothing wrong. I will always come back to check on friends.

I belong to other forums too. I was on websleuths and fascinated by the manhunt of Eric Frein. (PA)
Too many people missing. But I follow a couple of cases. If you've an interest there's quite a story here: https://www.facebook.com/eyewitnessn...89764327776774
This took place in my old back yard, so to speak. I have worked in both Evansville and Posey County. Raised the kids 50 miles north and went on shopping excursions to the malls in E'ville.

Then, of course, reading a lot. Just read last week "War Brides" which is a far more engaging and enlightening tale than the title. I highly recommend it.

That Kindle unlimited David got me is too enticing, I love it too much. Unlimited books for $9.99 a month, makes me a kid in a candy store with no discipline.

I am also on a board for mental health based in the UK. Sometimes I avoid it as I find it discouraging. Other times it is a relief to be amongst others who live with serious mental health issues and really get it. They speak with far more candor than any US site.
Not saying that anyone is any less than supportive here but I really believe it is impossible to understand unless you have a similar or same dx. Our normal is not the rest of the world's normal. I feel I can understand many posters and have friends there and they me and it is a very supportive site. I was needing some hand holding and support yesterday and they were amazing. I pop in and out there too, even more frequently than I absent myself here.

I started a thread for my goals yesterday and asked for support and got wonderful cheerleaders through out the day as I took frequent breaks and reported progress. I don't think I would have finished that last 1/3 of the bedroom without them but I did not want to fail them or myself, even tho if I had not finished it, they would focus on what was done and how successful that was when one is fighting this illness and med side effects. But they are the reason I stayed determined.

I have a troublesome double bind. My 4 psychotropic meds are all highly sedating. I think sometimes that if a normie took what is one's day's dosage for me, they would be like Rumplestiltskin. lol
Anyway it causes overwhelming lethargy and no motivation.
Thus I have let the housekeeping and Flylady slip. (under statement)
Now my daughter is coming to pick us up to take us to her home for Thanksgiving. She has never seen our place here. So I am on an emergency crisis clean.

Yesterday I got the bathroom cleaned and found the bedroom floor, it is all cleared now.
David walked thro to go to the bathroom and EXCLAIMED: "OH SH!T!! You got a lot done." Yes, I did.

But am resorting to surface cleaning, filled 4 bins for David to hide in the storage building. Mostly clothes that have never been sorted since gaining weight and getting older, I think that is what it is anyway?. And found out where he piles his dirty laundry. Wisely he picked up the clothes he took off last night and dropped to the floor and brought them to the laundry mountain, I'd have felt like flipping my lid otherwise.

My plan for today is the living room, hallway and bookcases...much easier but I accidentally stayed up most of the night and did not get enough sleep to be able to do anything yet. Darn me for self-sabotaging!
I may have to break it down to 15 things at a time. Whatever works.

I haven't yet read back thro the rest of the last thread to catch up but I will. May not be today.

I hope every one is well and generally happy, that the world is treating them nicely.
We all have struggles of our own variety and I send hope.

(hugs)
T.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Live - It is SOOOOO good to hear from you, sweetie. I do understand the sedating issue you deal with. When I was locked up, there were several people on the drug we've both used, though I used it for sleep and quit due to increased tolerance and weight gain.

The people on it when I was locked up, lets just say we had to prop them up for morning count at 4:30a.m.

My house needs serious cleaning, today is my first day off in a while. I've yet to tackle anything, been here, another forum and book of faces all day. Quite emotional, though I can proudly say it's all out of gratitude.

I am totally off my anti-d and sleep med (a low-dose benzo) because I didn't want to pay the money to go to my doctor. Get insurance in 2 more months.

Have been trying herbs, vitamins and other things with the helpful advice of my friend M, who has an "herbalist". Taking supplements every day, just added more for relentless arthritis or something else going on in my back and hips.

I will see a doctor when I can, need to do all the testing I've put off due to money - colonoscopy (HIGH risk of colon CA on both sides of the family), mammogram, etc.

For now, will do what I can, and have to admit, I'm sleeping most of the time, pain is reduced, and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude so it can't be a bad thing. I think.

I still ready FLYlady and keep my sink clean The rest of the house? Um, no comment. I have Senior Sammy (my new avatar, under the electric blankie and another one) who has severe arthritis and can't walk much. I got the Feliway diffuser to get all the cats to get along, and it works, but it's in one room and the cats are everywhere during the day.

Sorry for the rambling, but just want to say I get you, Live, though I don't have the same issues that you do. I DO appreciate them, and you, for whenever you check in.

I posted a youtube on whiners, and I can REALLY see our sweet Jaybird working in such a facility. One huge, happy dance over a senior dog getting a forever home

Back to cruising around here and other places. May actually take advantage of my Netflix subscription and watch some movies tonight.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-15-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Amy, I take:

600mg seroquel
200mg trazadone
4mg klonopin (down from 6)
175mg effexor
+ranitidine for acid reflux
D 3 most days (it really helps)

every single daggone day.

It would help if I would remember to take the trazadone which has such a hangover a few hours before I go to bed. But that is not enough to overcome the sedation.

And my sleep hygiene has gone off track too. Blaming that on the kindle.

I had to laugh, propped up is a very accurate depiction. I can see it!
I have my corner of the sofa, iced tea at hand with laptop and kindle + ciggies always within reach.

My therapist said that one of the most common complaints she gets is about the fatigue.
She wondered if I was not over-sedated a couple months ago.

I discussed that with my pdr this week. We agree, my functioning says depressed, however I do not have those mental thoughts and feelings.
Just feel lazier than a sloth.
But I have tried lower dosages on all the meds, partly supervised and with tons and tons of experience being on meds, I do not see how we can reduce any of them at this time.

I just have to learn acceptance and to cope and get things done when I can. I usually have more energy late evening.

I am counting on it today to get my chores done.

Thanks for a wonderful reply!

I think life is treating you pretty good right now, isn't it?
Heck, I see a promotion in your future.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OMG! Talk about a mad house at Bass Pro this evening! YIKES! Jethro took the two boys around the store in a buggy while I stood in line with SD and baby to see Santa! As for the baby being a little Pixie! She is a squealer when she cries! Or that's what her two brothers say about her! And she did quite a bit of it too while we were there.

SD forgot to grab a bottle out of the fridge when she left home. ARGH! She's breast feeding too! So here we are in a store that's packed with ppl and baby is hungry! SD stepped up close to me and told me to hold a blanket up in front of her. Jethro was like: "What are you doing?" I gave him THE look and he quickly turned around! LOL So we got baby in a position to where she was happy and we walked on! Shew!

I held the baby quite a bit while in the store and after we got to I-hop to eat! She DID NOT like having her bare feet covered either! Her little feet and hands are tiny tiny tiny! Everytime I tried to cover her feet she'd start that squealing again. I told SD I was NOT going to cover her feet while I was holding her! SD agreed and just laughed! We had found a pair of pink camouflaged shoes while there at Bass Pro. A size 0! I held it up to baby's foot. There was room at both ends where her tiny foot didn't reach.

The two boys were fairly well behaved. But after they ate a sugar cane and got hyped up on the sugar? Oh Man! I was ready to tie both of them up in a buggy and rush outside to the car with them. But that's a 3 yro and a 4 yro for ya!

SD got a good picture with all three kids with Santa! I wish I'd had a recorder going at the end though. The 3 yro turned to look at Santa and touched his beard. He asked him: "What is this"? Santa said: "My beard"! LOL

LIVE: So nice to see you posting! Company coming always puts us in the bumble bee effect. Rushing around the house trying to clean and straighten things up! As for the Trazadone? I was prescribed that years ago. It was 100MG tablets. I took one and slept for 15 hours. Never took another one! LOL I can't even take my clonidine at tiny pieces anymore due to I sleep way longer than I want to.

TOD
Old 11-16-2014, 12:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh wow TOD ~ talk about huge grandma duties.
I hope it's appreciated love.

V xx
Old 11-16-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh Yes! SD was very grateful for having me and Jethro there with her. I was ready to clock Jethro upside the head though after the boys got their picture taken. I took the boys over to where Jethro was standing and then went back for the baby. SD was standing in line to get the picture.

While waiting for her the 3 yro got fascinated by a train running around in a circle on a track close to where Santa was sitting! Jethro kept telling him to get away from it. And about this time baby went into her squealing mode. So I'm trying to make her happy and at the same time trying to deal with Jethro. He's repeatedly saying: "Go get 3 yro away from the train track!" He was talking with this guy and didn't want to walk over there to get the 3 yro! And here I am trying to handle a squealing two week old baby while keeping her covered all at the same time.

Finally I looked at Jethro and said: "Would you like to hold the baby while I go take care of the 3 yro?" Uh NO! Then get your azz over there and do something about the problem with the 3 yro! He had crawled underneath the wooden fence and picked up the caboose that wasn't attached to the train and was playing with it. (The train set was a $250.00 set)! Jethro was having a cow over it. But wouldn't move his azz to do anything about it! He finally walked over and got the 3 yro away from everything. He swatted his butt a couple of times to get his attention too. Then momma showed up and got his attention GOOD! And at the same time? Jethro is telling her not to swat his butt! I just looked at him like he'd lost his ever loving mind! You are telling your daughter NOT to do what you just did yourself! ARGH!

I personally would have walked over to the 3 yro and picked him up. Then I'd have deposited him in the buggy and told him to sit tight! But I had my hands full!

Jethro told his daughter at I-hop he would not have made a good father this evening! Geeeezzzz

TOD
Old 11-16-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Live - Yep, that's some sedating medications, but you know what works and doesn't work for you, after all the years working with your doctors.

TOD - Sounds like Jethro needs some reminding of what it's like to deal with kids Sounds like ya'll had a good time, regardless.

I went out to get Mots after dark, fell down the deck stairs I've been trying to run up and down stairs, here and at work, and won't do that for a while.

I'm fine, bumps and bruises but my head was spared this time.

My cousin in the Army got married at Disney this week. They are both Captains and got married in Korea as there is a better chance of being placed together on next assignment.

Got to see pictures of my little cousins, who I've not met yet, dressed up all in pink with the Disney princesses - so CUTE!! There is another wedding in the spring and aunt Phyllis and I are planning on going.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-16-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What do you want?