Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 58!

Old 11-19-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Well Venus!

Apparently he didn't! But damn it! I still found them! That's what I get for taking a pile of his papers from the living room to his bedroom!

And remember I told him the stuff in the living room in front of the entertainment center that needed to be picked up and put away? I'm taking care of all that now while he sits in front of his computer letting supper digest! Poor thing had to work today after being off for a week!

He has dozens of wires plugged into three different power surge plug ins too. So I'm unplugging everything and if one of them goes to the TV? Too bad! It's a cluster F'k!

Maria is on the back of the couch with eyeballs closed. She'll come alive though when I start the vacuum cleaner up! Her daddy can hold her while I march on with the cleaning.

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

TOD - Sounds like you are pretty frustrated with Jethro, and I get it. I got into recovery then "got" to watch slowly destroy herself with the very pills I was once addicted to.

YES, it ticked me off to no end. YES, I got major resentments toward her for a while. YES, there were times I thought "gee, must be nice to get totally wasted and not worry about a damned thing".

Bottom line, HER addiction kept me strong in recovery. She's dead, XABF#3 is dead. XABF2? Have no idea, but he's either dead or still using. XABF#1 is married to a raging codie and hasn't changed a bit, according to mutual friends.

I know it's not the same as when it is your spouse, but any of my exes could have been my spouse.

For me, it was hard to see someone I love do the same things I'd done. It was a reminder of who I was, but it also strengthened me to keep moving forward.

I can't tell you what to do, you will have to figure this out on your own. I just hope you can find some measure of peace with things the way they are, as it doesn't seem like it's going to change any time soon.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-19-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jethro isn't stupid or naive when it comes to drugs and alcohol. He's had family members abuse both and has even said: "He could be an alcoholic real easily!" Well what the hell do you think opiates are doing to ya? Is what I've told him many times.

He's even told me: "It's got to bother you knowing *I* can take pain meds and you can't?" Ummmmm actually I CAN take them! I just prefer NOT to take them because of how it changes ME! For the worst! As it does and has to so many others!

Wake the hell up Jethro and see that you're acting just like the ones you are saying has a problem.

If they were actually helping him? I could deal with him taking them much easier. But they aren't!

Since he's moved the bottle to some place else in his bedroom? I'm in the middle of changing the sheets on his bed. His pillow is already in the washer. It's rank! He has NO smell in that nose of his unless it's gas or grease!

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((TOD)) - Sorry for your ongoing pill dispute. Sounds difficult.

I had a not-so-great new experience today. I was offered heroin (for a small fee of course). Seriously. Not entirely sure how I got to be around such a person, I think he was a friend of a friend of a friend over at one of my friend's houses... I was so blind-sided I literally said to him, "You can turn your ass around and leave." Which, thankfully, he did. The minute after I said it I was like Oh ****. He's gonna wanna fight now., but that was not so. After this happened, I had to excuse myself from the party and practically ran to my car where I promptly had a panic attack. Heroin is the one drug I cannot look in the face and just take it for what it is. It is connected to too many things in my life. Any other drug, even my DOC, I could have dealt with, but heroin? **** that. **** him for making me feel this way. I am so angry.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh chit Jay! If only - huh?

Parties' damned near always have the goods - don't they? So many have started using at parties just for the party. Then they end up joining us here on SR because they are hooked on it.

As you can probably tell by my posts? I'm not a happy camper over Jethro and the pills. He can act like a real azz at times and then be all loving at others. I'm not walking on egg shells, but I do pay close attention to what and how things come out of his mouth. I'll know! I'll know if he's taken a pill or not. If he has? I leave the room.

Damn Jay! I'm sorry you had to experience that! Really sucks!

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

TOD ~ I'm really not sure what to say.
I guess I am thinking that your choices are yours. And we can't make anyone hear us, or even do what is best for them if they are not ready to listen. I just don't want this to upset you...well, it obviously has. I'm sorry about that.

Jay ~ OMG. Of course you are angry!!! Sounds like you were somewhere that you felt safe..and then this happened. BUT....well done you! You acted with conviction, and you stood up for yourself.

And of course, you said no. So that's really something you can be proud of.

Love V xx
Old 11-19-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I agree, parties are generally where drug use is most prolific, but I guess in this instance, I figured things would go how they normally do with this particular group of people. They're usually small get-togethers, not crazy ragers with kegs and crap. Usually it's all people I know pretty well and have gleaned that they don't use drugs (I don't have any friends who use drugs anymore - at least not to my knowledge). Not how it went tonight!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And of course, you said no. So that's really something you can be proud of.

Love V xx
Thanks V, but nothing to be proud of there...it's not in the least bit difficult for me to say no to heroin. It has done enough to me indirectly already. Ugh, just need to shake off this feeling... There is little else that I have more hate for than heroin...
Old 11-19-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jay: There's always the NEW guy/gal starting the drug(s)! They think everyone should be using and doesn't know the difference. And not knowing how the crap can affect others! When offered! Or in my case - found!

Venus: Thank you Dear! You know me? My dandruff gets up and I'm ready to punch somebody out. But it doesn't take me long to get over it either. That's part of the joys of being clean! I don't hold onto anger or resentment like I used to!

And Jethro has clean sheets on his bed now because of it. As well as his room vacuumed too.

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) I am sorry that happened to you. I know it must have just be an awful feeling. Glad you told him to get the he!! out.
how sad that people are doing this to them selves, and leave others hurt along the way.

I send you a hug. a really bearlike one.
love ya. this will pass, dear one.

(((Tod))) sorry you have to deal with this...Jethro's brains fell out somewhere....I hope he finds them, before it's too late.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OH MY! Maybe I'll find Jethro's brains while I'm cleaning this Thrift Store I'm living in?

ROFL

I just put him and Maria to bed! My time - My time! Yippee Skippy! Well? If you don't count Molly and Mr. Cotton back in the bedroom I'll have to attend to from time to time.

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Enjoy your 'me time', (((Tod))).

love and hugs.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Yawn Yawn Yawn! Good morning Hen House!

I'm heading to bed on the last of my 136th day! Will wake up later to start my 137th day!

My "me" time was spent cleaning house all night and the laundry loads are getting lower in the laundry room! Hopefully next early in the week? I can get Jethro to load all the extra stuff up around here and take it AWAY! LORDY the extra room we'll have in the house if I can get that done? Starting Friday we are getting slammed with rain. The weather man said we'll all be sick of rain by the time it ends! ARGH!

Everyone have a wonderful day and watch out for the crazies out there doing early holiday shopping!

TOD
Old 11-20-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good evening Hen House!

Day 137!

Lying in bed, trying to wake up! Then I hear it! Maria is announcing it to the world someone has entered the house and she wants LET OUT of the chicken bedroom! LOL Hmmmm Jethro must have gotten off work early? Yep!

I found him laying on the couch nodding off! He doesn't sleep worth a damn at night in bed due to his breathing! He stops breathing for a good amount of time and then grabs a breath with a roaring snore to go along with it. I've tried to tell him this isn't good and he needs to talk to his doctor about it. I've given up on that mission! Jethro is NOT going to do anything he doesn't want to do.

It was a nice site to see so many clean areas and stuff when I walked into the kitchen / living room! I'll continue marching on with the chores tonight! Can't stay up all night though. I have an eye appointment tomorrow. Don't want to show up with blood shot eyes half open!

Maria is ticked off too! She didn't get to go outside! I'll have to take her out in the cold for a little walk about to appease her temper tantrum! She's just about wore a path in the top of the couch walking back and forth. Jethro is snoring below her! But she knows momma is up and out here on the porch. LOL And here I thought kids were spoiled?

I had to laugh at Jethro last night after putting Maria in her bed beside him. He was covering her up and said: "Maria? You stink! You're going to get a bath!" I said: "Now DAD! She's worked hard dusting three days in a row to get that coating! And you're going to wash it all away!" LOL

TOD
Old 11-20-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Jay - So sorry about the heroin offer, and I get why it's such a big issue with you. For me, opiates of any kind are, even though I did use/abuse them for a time. Let's just say that I have a vision in my mind of what opiates can do, as you do, and it's an automatic turn-off.

TOD - It doesn't matter how "smart" anyone is about a drug/alcohol, it can still do a lot of damage. I knew all there was to know about crack, was terrified of it, and still became an addict.

I really don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't think talking about the pills or his use is going to affect Jethro. It didn't affect you, it didn't affect me or so many other people here. He is going to use/abuse or do something else. Can you keep taking care of you first?

Again, I'm sorry, I'm just a bit of an emotional wreck. I found out a friend of 23+ years has lung cancer that spread to his hip/pelvis where he has a bone mass. He, his wife, XABF#1 and I were all the best of buddies back in the day, along with other friends.

I went off into addict-land, his wife contacted me on book of faces and she, her daughter and I went to lunch a good while back. They assured me that XABF#1 hasn't changed a bit. He and "N" were the best of friends for decades, but XABF#1 got a burr up his azz and stopped talking to N.

Now? N was supposed to start radiation to the bone mass next week, chemo after that. Instead, he is fighting for his life in ICU of the very hospital I used to work at. His wife, my very dear friend, is admitting he may not make it.

I cried all the way home, I'm crying now. I immediately called my first "other mother" who is one month older than mom, met her (we went to dinner together) and tried her best to teach me about codependency before it was known as that.

We've all recently reconnected, along with a dear friend I went to nursing school with.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling. N was there for me when XABF#1 let me down, he later married J who I dearly love.

My memories of them are all warm and fuzzy. Their house was my safe place. I've wanted to go and visit, but the vain side of me wanted to lose weight first.

Now? F the weight. I don't know if I will ever see N alive again.

I'm sorry, I'm a rambling mess. On a good note, I always focused on all that I'd lost, and my dear friends from the past loved me through it all, and we are all together again. I even got a friend request from another former coworker who was best buddies with XABF#1 but not so much any more.

I am blessed, but I am in so much pain from the thought of losing a person who was a huge part of my life for so long

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-20-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) I am sorry sweetheart. That is awful. I will remember him in my prayers, and you too.

you haven't lost him yet, maybe you can talk with him, on the phone, or visit. I hope they find a way to help him to beat the cancer.

hug the kitties, and take care of yourself. None of us get out of here alive, but it would be nice if our loved ones could be around til their oldest of ages.

love and hugs, honey.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you, Chic. I'm such a mess, am praying that HP doesn't take Nick before I can talk to him. I will tell my boss what is going on, and that I may need to leave work.

No, I can't really afford unpaid time off, but if I've learned anything through recovery, I've learned that we need to be there for the people we love.

I just checked Nick's wife's post, and I'm about to head to bed with my furbabies. I will say a huge prayer of gratitude, but am quite sure I will fall asleep with tears running down my face

Nick was there for me when XABF#1 was a jerk. Yes, we fooled around during those times. When he got with Jeanie, one of my bestest friends, I couldn't be happier. He drank, I put up with hits on me and told him "you are married to my bestest friend, you're drunk, so go to bed!!!" as I saw her come into the room.

I'm proud of this. I appreciate him giving me a safe harbor when times were rough. I want nothing more than to visit him in his house, with Jeanie and the rest of the family.

I don't know if it will happen, but I do know that I will be there for Jeanie, no matter what. She reached out to me, apologized for knowing I was in trouble and not knowing what to do to help me. I promised her that nothing she said would have sunk through my using brain at the time.

Bottom line - I am grieving, I am NOT drowning my feelings in any substance. I will be there for Nick, Jeanie in any way I can.

That, my friends, is a gift of recovery

For now, I will cry, pray, and snuggle up with the furry boys. That is my gift of recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-20-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: Ironically? After about a month when I'd be back on the pills? My thinking inside my brain would be like: ~ I've got to get off these things! ~ But the use usually started due to a medical procedure I'd had done! But the addict demon pulling me along by his rope would keep me on them way longer than I actually wanted to. I'd usually stay on them until I reached a point and amount I knew that was it. There wasn't going to be enough coming in each month to keep me happy. That's when I'd start planning my CT detox. Or I'd see where I was headed and get off them.

There was even one time I had three days off of them. Thinking it would be two weeks before I'd get any more. And I'll be damned if they didn't arrive on my 3rd day off of them. ARGH! OH it was SOOOOO tempting to crack that bottle open and take one. But I didn't! I walked in the house and threw the package up into the back of a very tall closet and left them there. After three months off them? I returned them to the pharmacy to be destroyed.

I'm doing great at taking care of myself! Thankfully! I only have to deal with an attitude. We don't fight, scream, break things or take off in our vehicles. So it is what it is. He doesn't take them all the time, but when he does? I'm learning to avoid him.

Sorry to read about your friend. As for the weight gain? I just tell ppl it's more of me to love! When I hug ppl it's a big old warm body hugging them. Not a bean pole! I'd rather be like this than a sickly looking pill popper anyway!

TOD
Old 11-21-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I realized, today, I can't count! Nick & Jeanie celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary, last month, so I've known them over 30 years!

I did have my pit party, cried myself to sleep, but it's better than numbing myself.

I've kept in touch with Jeanie and now is not a good time to go down there, but she will let me know as soon is it's okay.

I'm not working this weekend, M isn't doing any dog training, so will work on the house. It's not a total wreck, has just not been spiffed up lately.

Another busy, busy day at work, am hoping to sleep good tonight.

Bev invited me over for Thanksgiving, as did the C's oldest daughter, who I finally got caught up with. I thanked them but told them dad and I were going out to eat.

Bev's sister has an appt. with the doctors who will be doing her mastectomy and reconstructive surgery on Monday, so things are a little up in the air. On a good note, she got to hear her unborn granddaughter's heartbeat the other night and that is really cool.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Day 139!

Up early again! This 4 1/2 hours of sleep for the past two nights is catching up to me. For the past two nights I planned on going to bed earlier and then I start picking up, putting up! By the time I've made it to bed? Way later than I wanted to! I'll get caught up somewhere though!

The show "Applachian Outlaws" is another one of those shows that says "WOW"! What ppl go thru for their money to live on. And what it takes to get ginseng into products we buy. It was on when I turned the TV on!

Amy: I guess I'm surprised that you were told this wasn't a good time to come visit? When dad was at his last days on this earth? The family called everyone and told them "if you want to see dad alive? You better get to his house NOW!"

I sent SD a text last night! Told her this is last minute! DUH! But would she like to come have supper with the family today? So we now have an added family coming along to moms. SD is eager to show off the new baby too! And I've given her a chance to do so! Mom's worried about the two boys and what to do for entertainment if it starts raining? I suggested she pull the large coloring book/crayons out of her barn. She was like, Oh yeah! I forgot about those! LOL I got them for my grandson last time they visited from MD. I went to the new bakery yesterday. Bought a cake and pie to bring along. Then went to another store and got the large rolls everyone loves too. It's 63 degrees right now. Really nice day for a family gathering.

Running out of time to get ready.

Everyone have a nice day!

TOD