Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 58!

Old 12-20-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Cangel - I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand. I agree with Dee, it does no harm to keep your account. All my best wishes to you.

I just got home from Nick's funeral then went to he and Jeanie's house afterward. I'm SO glad I went!

As a I parked my car, another car pulled in 2 spaces away, and who walks out but XABF#1. Had to really look to realize it was him, he's gone all gray and just looks older. I said hey, he said hey, started walking away and I said "HEY!!!!" He came back, is looking at me like he doesn't have a clue who I am and I said "um, AMY?!??!"

He said "holy ****, I didn't even recognize you". We briefly asked each other how we were doing, I walked off.

The service was absolutely beautiful. The man who spoke, I kept thinking "I know him" but couldn't place him. Finally looked at the service thing and realized he is a pilot I worked with at the airline then we both went to this other company.

Jeanie and her daughter were so happy to see me. When I got to talk to the speaker, he was pleasantly surprised, hauled his wife out of the car to meet me, talked about old times and she said "I definitely remember hearing about you".

Got to see so many old friends, even my old bosses. Boss man was all about business when I knew him, I was a codie mess and lost my job because I couldn't separate my personal and business life.

Well, old boss man was so much more friendly. He was truly grieving, fell apart when he spoke about "losing my life long friend". His wife wanted to know how I was doing, what I was doing, etc. I mentioned that she knew me in a time when I was pretty messed up, also mentioned that yes, I'd gone into nursing (she knew that), got stupid but was doing great. She said "we live and we learn".

Didn't remember, but I made their son a Christmas ornament about 20 years ago? She told me that every year, as she hangs it on their tree, she "thinks about our sweet Amy".

Back then, I put them in a category of the "upper elite" but today? We were long time friends who were grieving a mutual friend.

Ran into several other former coworkers, was repeatedly told how awesome I looked

Went to the house that has always brought me comfort. Helped set up the food, made Jeanie eat, got to meet Nick's 2 sisters and brother as well as some new friends.

Got to meet one of the girls that works with them, who I already liked from what she posted on book of faces. She obviously dearly loves Nick and Jeanie and credited them for putting her on the right path.

As we were all sharing memories, she said "Not to sound bad but you're THAT Amy!!!" I just laughed. She said she'd never heard anything but good about me, it just helped her to place a face and person with memories she'd heard about.

I'm really glad I went. As far as XABF#1, I saw a person who was trying to be someone he isn't. I'm grateful that I can see that today.

Also grateful that I am totally "what you see is what you get". I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not to gain acceptance.

Sorry to ramble, but today has been one of grief, love and gratefulness.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-20-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Wow, I'm really far behind...

((Amy)) - Sorry to hear about Nick's passing. I'm glad you got the funeral though and that it was a joyful-ish experience.

((TPA)) - You've got a lot going on! Moose, while one the nicest dogs I've ever seen, holds a grudge against one german shepherd we encounter at a dog park occasionally. This GSD likes to jump on Moose's shoulders in a display of dominance (not play) and Moose HATES it, even though he is rather submissive in nature. This dog is the only dog he'll snarl and bare his teeth too. If the GSD is there when we get there, we don't go in. If the GSD comes in while we're there (the owner is kind of an idiot in my opinion), I leave. Some dogs just don't like each other. That's life. Stinks that Claire has to pay for it all now even though Rosie was the initial instigator! Good to see you back here though, even if just for a short while

((Lauren, Vee, Lenina, Chic, Dee, anyone else)). I must be going. Picture of Theo to come soon, I promise .
Old 12-20-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

TtothePtotheA... love that name, TPA.. you are surely creative ! I am so glad to see you here.... so so glad. Hope you are getting some good rest. and everyone else too. I stayed up too late tonight. knitting.

btw where is Live? I miss you Live!

Jay, interesting about the dogs. I find it scary , though, TPA, to live so close to Claires mortal enemy. I hope that somehow a good turn of events takes care of everything. a miracle, I guess, is what I am hoping for. you never know.. they happen... we have seen them right here in the HH..

Amy, I am glad you got to go. It was a healing thing for you, no doubt. I am so happy for you, Amy. Life is good for you.

love and hugs,
chic
Old 12-20-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Amy. I'm glad you were able to see Nick off and see some old friends. It must feel so good to be able to go back with good recovery in you!

I did some running around today. It's a bit chilly here. I realized I screwed up on a date, I had planned to go to a community pot luck tomorrow. But I really need to get done to see the K Nina on Solstice. I got the food to cook, got her some little treats. I'm going to cast the runes and see what 2015 holds.

((((yakkie)))) we will need those pics of Theo and some ones of Moose and Sasha too!

Love from Lenina
Old 12-21-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful time, Neeners! It sounds like fun.. my favorite day, today! days getting longer, here comes the sun! 2015 is going to be good, I just know it. It's a nice number!

I made some bird seed wreaths for my girls and my sister. they are awesome looking. I made them with a wire inside for strength. and will tie a pretty burlap bow on them to hang by. still knitting on projects for gifts... lol
Old 12-21-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Wow, I slept the entire afternoon and evening away, so now I'll be up all night, which is OK. Since I've become addicted to QVC, being up all night can be rather costly, but hey - what else can I do? I have discovered a fantastic skin regimen (can't be scaring those grandchildren with an age and illness ravaged face, right?) that actually, truly works, along with an amazing body skin oil (can also use on the face, I use it as a serum) made into a whipped body butter. Have also picked up a few good deals on makeup (gotta hide those ravages from those sweet babies). It's reached the point where spouse did threaten to have me shot at sunrise if I didn't quit, since the witch next door has absorbed so much of our money, so, I've backed off. (Of course, I'm fully stocked, so backing off isn't a big deal)

Chic, I agree, a miracle is needed where Rosie and the witch are concerned, but I can't imagine one coming that didn't involve the removal of one or both parties, and I certainly don't want that. The huge irony is that I'm the reason Rosie is still here - when she tore open witch's nephew's face, I researched MD law and found solid grounds for not putting her down - Rosie had a history of abuse and was removed by animal control from her original owners - and I felt like the dog never had a chance until the witch took her (she is a good pet owner in terms of exercise, food, training, etc). I convinced her not to put Rosie down - she was easy to convince, so she was clearly leaning that way. MD has a one bite free law that a little research allowed for exploitation. So I'm repaid for my erudition and research skills by witchy woman's vindictive nature. Does anyone know how hard it is to kick oneself in the butt? (sardonic humor there)

I've noticed TB doesn't seem to be around, is he OK? I know he was having issues.

((Jay)) so good to see you!! For a Lab to bare his teeth, he has to be incredibly hostile and defensive, and it sounds like it's well deserved. What kind of idiot takes an alpha GSD to a park? You're such a good parent. You have a new puppy? Can't wait to see him.

OK, I've rambled long enough, going to read a survey of the Tudors - have always loved Tudor-Stuart history since a teenager. It was a best seller and is great for a popular, as opposed to scholarly, examination of the century of Tudor rule. They were a bloody bunch, that's for sure.

See hematologist Tuesday.

Happy holidays, friends, TPA
Old 12-21-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

No ((TPA)) - Theo is my kid. He's 4 months old now.

Just kidding . Theo is a new pup, he's actually my girlfriend's new pup that I got her for Christmas after the passing of her old greyhound a few months ago. He's a doberman and I love him (as does she)! She always wanted one, and as luck would have it, the guy who I got Moose from had a friend who breeds Dobes and he had a litter ready to go just in time for xmas! He's a great dog, and Moose is warming up to him nicely, haha. We don't live together, but sometimes I think we might as well be given how much time we spend at each other's places with the dogs in tow, of course. He's about 11 weeks old now.

I have the picture tri-fecta for you ((Lenina)).

This is a picture of Moose from Halloween and I don't think I ever showed you guys. He was a good sport...for about 1 minute. Lol.

Here's Sasha. She had escaped and was mailed back to me .

And Theo, growing like a freakin' weed.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

You should see the smile on my face Jay!!! (Although I can't see the first picture for some reason ). Sasha and Theo are gorgeous...and Sasha reminds me of someone, hmm.

You sound so happy! It is incredibly wonderful to see this...well, hear it.
You have worked so hard on your life and come such a long way...and I am not sure if I told you how excited I am for you re your new career direction.

TPA, you write so beautifully.

Love to all in the HH,

V xx
Old 12-21-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) what beautiful animals!!! I covet them, especially Moose, as he's a Lab, and we both know those are the most perfect dogs on earth. Unfortunately, Hazel broke my heart, and so I won't have another - knowing I won't be around to raise her is another issue for another time. You sound so happy, Jay, and nothing makes me happier. You know how I feel about you. I sort of wish Theo was your kid, you'd make an excellent father.

Venus, thanks for the compliment regarding my writing. I write from the heart, which has been known to get me in trouble on occasion, mixed as it is with my off-the-wall sense of humor. When you can speak TPA-ese then you know you've accomplished something!

I've slept all day and I'm exhausted again. I think I'll just veg out instead of reading and see if I drift back into the Land of Nod and sweet dreams. (As opposed to the recent dreams where I see a big old huge chemo needle coming at me again) Love to all, TPA
Old 12-22-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Good morning HH!

TPA~its so nice having you back! I hope you are back in bed now, getting some good rest.
I spent yesterday making cookies for work, and family. Nothing like messing up your kitchen the whole day long! ha. I didn't even burn anything!

TPA... I don't know much about dogs, but love them. I am sad that you have these dog issues, seems like a good fence would make them better, and it sounds like potential disaster, with both dogs hating each other. Just be extra careful.

Jay, what gorgeous animals/babies! Moose has surely grown into his name..lol. Sasha is beautiful (miss my black kitty Solly), and Theo is a beauty..I do love a dobie, and his markings and color are just so striking. thank you for posting pics.. we love it.

I hope everyone has a good Monday..ugh... I wish I was on vacation!

love
chic
Old 12-22-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Chic, I did doze off for an hour or so, then woke up and spent some more money. We actually do have a good fence, six foot wooden privacy fence. What happened was my spouse takes the dogs out on weekends to run in the woods. He came home, didn't see the neighbor, and opened the cab. Claire bounded out as she'd seen Rosie coming out of her house at exactly the wrong moment, and that was it. No one could be sorrier than I am it happened. I've refused to say "I told you so ten zillion times" to spouse, for it accomplishes nothing. I remain perfectly civil to the witch, and she to me, but she caused me to lose my temper a couple of years ago, raging about Hazel (Claire had made another, far less serious, attack on Rosie) and I just lost it. Not only was Hazel the gentlest, most submissive, sweetest dog on earth, she was also dying - and yes, the witch could clearly see it was Hazel. So I went off on her, using my writing skills via a note taped to her door, implying things from her crown as the world's rudest person to her past life as Eva Braun. Not my finest moment, and I have apologized for it. Anything other than Hazel and my usual, water off my back, attitude would have prevailed. Witches and toads, make me nuts sometimes. If Jim was alive, I'm sure he'd take on the animal control wench in court for me - he was a lawyer licensed in this state.

Rambling - a sure sign I haven't been awake long. Think I'll make another pot of German coffee, and if that energizes me long enough, go play/practice with makeup. Love you, TPA
Old 12-22-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

TPA - So sorry about all the mess with the witch, glad you are taking the high road. We can each secretly put spells on her

Jay - OMG, just LOVE the pictures!!! Moose and Sasha are all grown up and gorgeous. Little Theo looks full of energy and has a ways to grow into his feet Thanks for posting them!!

Didn't know it was raining until I left work and it's supposed to rain through Wed. Just got off the phone with Bev. Lots of stuff going on with her family and friends. Her hubby doesn't want to hear her talk, she says she either gets lectured or preached at.

I listen, throw in my 2 cents and am glad I'm here for her. I always thought it would be so great to not have to worry about money, that it would make life so much easier. Well, I was wrong. Money may make some things easier, but it certainly doesn't bring peace of mind.

Boss lady thanked me, today, for taking a "huge weight off her shoulders" and "kicking ass" in something she'd yelled at me for a couple weeks ago. Now, I have checks and balances in place, and my own stress level has plummeted.

Chic - I wish you were on vacation, too - you need another one! Another 2 weeks, I will be off probation and be eligible to take the time off that I've accrued!!! I won't but it will be nice to see time accruing on each paycheck

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

((((yakkie)))) thanks for the pics! Oh my, Moose is a sweet boy and I love the pirate eye patch! too funny! And of course the darling Sasha looks very familiar to me too. Theo! Good heavens those feet! Huge!! I mean like he's going to be Godzilla sized! LOL

((((TPA))) I'm sorry you've had such grief with the hateful neighbor. poor dear Hazel. I know she was so very special. She stayed with you as long as she could. I hope there's a way to for Claire to beat the case. I don't watch those shopping shows. Way too tempting for me.

((((chicory))) I hope you're going to enjoy some time off over the holidays. It's so much fun when theres the young ones around to really get into the spirit of the season. We have a tiny little tree that Hubs fixed up with the lights and such.

I had a good visit with my bestie, oh we laughed so much! She sent me home with lots of baked cookies including a very special recipe of her mother's....a pumpkin bread baked in a can! Her mom is in care with Alzheimer's now but I remember some very good dinners at their house. Those good Portuguese boiled dinners! Her mom was so funny too. years ago we went all went to see this movie "Always" with Holly Hunter, John Goodman, Audrey Hepburn and OOhhh, I can't remember his name! Met him once too! Anyway, a pretty hokey movie but had MrsK and me crying like fools while K was disgusted we would be taken in by such hokem. LOL. The guy was in American Graffiti and Encounters of the Third Kind...dang....what is his name?

I think my brain is fried. I can't remember anything these days.

oh well, I better go get dinner.

but before I do....((((Amy)))). I'm so glad you've found a way to get around Mrs HotorCold. Boss lady. Poor Bev, glad she has you. And give those cats some cuddles from
Auntie Lee

Love from LeninaB
Old 12-22-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Lenina - Richard Dreyfus?

I never watched the shopping channel until a few months ago, when I felt so lousy that moving from my chair was too much effort, and there was nothing to grab my attention on the tube. I was flipping through the channel guide, and saw this skin care hour, so clicked on it, and while I'm usually immune from sales pitches, this one seemed so on the level, I tried it. And it was on the level, it really works, does as much as it can with this old crone's face. And it's fun to see the hosts, as they call themselves, struggle sometimes to promote something they know isn't first rate, to be polite. And it was hilarious to see a former Project Runway winner on, trying to sell his line for them - he's sorely lacking in stage presence - in short, while he made decent clothes on PR, his stuff for QVC seems sorely lacking in style, and so does he.

I just keep trying to send pleasantries to my neighbor, in thought and deed, while not trusting her as far as I could throw her. I believe in karma, and given all the nastiness she sends out into the world, she's surely accumulating some big time negative karma. My housesitters were over this afternoon, going over all the new rules, and they are properly prepared for all the rigamarole. Is that spelled right? Anyway, I'm just hanging on for my upcoming trip to see the grandkids and my precious sons.

Think of me tomorrow afternoon, guys, as I see the doc. At least I'll get answers, or get the process started - it unfortunately makes sense that this would be happening.

OK, going to think happy thoughts now,
Love to all, TPA
Old 12-22-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

RICHARD DREFYSS! Spelling isn't right. you know who I mean....LOL

XXOO Lenina
Old 12-23-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Great minds think alike LeeLee and TPA!!

I just got home, it's still raining and I think we have another day of it. I haven't gotten any cards, Christmas Eve service at church is 7pm tomorrow night and I refuse to go back out now that I got home.

I feel like the Grinch but this, too, shall pass. I did turn the Christmas lights on the tree on when I got home, which always makes me smile

Chic - I hope you get some time off, too. Little Jack is at such a precious age!! Heck, he's got a few years of precious ages before he becomes a teen

Jay - Just love coming here and seeing the pictures of your zoo crew!!

Venus - How are you and little Vee doing?

Lauren - How is hubby? I keep seeing recipes for home-made dog treats on the book of faces and always think of Miley.

We were given the option of not working Friday, but no work no pay so not an option. I don't mind though it will probably be pretty slow.

I had to laugh at one of my coworkers, a fellow "new person" that was hired a few days after me. She now calls the boss lady "mama bear", and she's actually right - boss lady is fiercely protective of the practice and the employees, but she can also go into a hissy fit when things aren't going well.

Since "mama bear" wasn't there, we had to find out who was "mini-mama". She calls another coworker "miss sassafrass" It's really cool having coworkers who are, for the most part, easy to work with. Even more fun when we joke, laugh and have a good time.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-23-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow , TPA, on your doctors visit. I will say a prayer that all will be well and you might begin to feel better soon. And that you have the most wonderful time with the boys and your grandchildren too.

love ya!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all..
Old 12-23-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Update on doc's appt, and then no more mention of health, witches and toads and broomsticks, and other things that make me go "Arrggghhh!!!"

She said "Something is wrong, and I'm going to find out what it is. It could be an issue with your bone marrow, or leukemia, or something else, but we will find it." Nurse drew four vials of blood for what doc called "intensive blood tests," whatever that means. I like her a lot - it's always good when one likes one's oncologist - and so I have another appt on Jan 7 to go over the blood work and maybe have an answer. If she decides to go digging in my bone marrow, I'm going to literally scream.

Claire has decided that chasing Godfrey the cat is the activity of the night. Uh-uh. So she's getting yelled at a lot, which means she hits the floor and looks at me like "Yes, my lord and master" until the next time she spots Godfrey and the chase is on again.

I've always loved Christmas Eve, I always told my sons it was the most magical day of the year, for anything was possible. Christmas morning would bring reality, but until then, on the eve, anything was possible. I miss them so much on this day, especially as little boys. But I shall see them soon.

Hope to be out of this self-absorbed stage very soon, and making wiseacre remarks about Chic forgetting to send me some of those cookies, and Amy's wonderful fortune in a job she likes with people she likes, and Jay's being wonderful Jay - finding something he likes, and of course, his great photography. Jaybird, if I had the bucks, I'd send you a professional DSLR.

Merry Christmas, friends. Much love, TPA
Old 12-23-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Merry Christmas, everyone!

If you have little ones, don't forget to watch the reindeer cam. It will be quite interesting tomorrow evening.

Santa's Official Reindeer Live Feed | ReindeerCam