Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 58!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

((((Lauren)))) I'm so happy you've reestablished the relationship with your son! Is there anything to be done to help your hubby's breathing? making it easier? Is he on oxygen at home? Have you seem those oxygen concentrators?

My Hubert just saw our doctor this morning for his check up. He's doing well enough! Heart and lungs are good. but the great news is....he got a prescription for the Chantix. He's going to try to quit smoking again! I hope he's really really to do so. He's pretty dedicated to this habit. It's going to be hard break the habits. Of course, he doesn't listen to me on this. He seems to think I just decided to quit and that was that. LOL. It was hard! But if I could do it, it can be done. I rarely think about it these days.

I'm cold today. I might need to put on a heavier sweater.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-19-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Lee..hubby is a small guy..yet due to his heart condition he gets bloated,
and as we know he likes to cook..so if he gains any weight ..today it was 3 lbs
over last time..this causes pressure on the lungs and pressure against his heart.
So water pills right now are the answer until tests are done..the hospital clinic
said they would re read his chart results for today to see if it is urgent as he
could not get into a lab until later in the month and they wanted it for Monday.
The day is not done..yet they haven't called us back..so perhaps the water pills
will reduce his bloating enough to help the breathing...so far oxygen has never
been suggested..I hope not for his future either...consequently we have to
stay home a lot at times as wash room time is frequent..He has three different
treatments for his copd as well..serious enough meds to me..yet not over the
edge so far. He doesn't have to take them every day either which is nice.
We live very quietly..sometimes I am a grouchy old thing because of it..

My son is so different..well it is nice to meet him as a nice young man..

lauren
Old 12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

LeeLee - I do hope you get the vein surgery soon and it helps! I will probably need it at some point in the future, but not yet.

Lauren - Sorry hubs is having trouble breathing. My mom was on "sliding scale" water pills. If she gained 2 pounds, she took this amount, 3 pounds another amount. Her condition, I think, was a lot worse than your hubby's, though, as her heart was giving out and multiple organs were failing as a result. The water pills worked for many, many years, though.

I did not make it to Nick's visitation tonight as I couldn't leave work early. Going to the funeral at noon tomorrow. Going to Chattanooga for dad on Sunday.

LeeLee - I wondered about reporting sm's doctor when she died, but even if I could do it anonymously, the situation would make me NOT anonymous and I have a feeling "her family" would not appreciate it.

Now with her sister's death, I don't know. I do know he's never had any official complaints I don't really know what happened, I think she passed out, reflexes were down and she choked, but may never know.

Work was good. I found out the baguette bread I got a couple nights ago had gotten rather hard, stopped by and got some fresh from the oven. Took that, the crap dip (one container for upstairs, another for downstairs) and picked up some Christmas cookies.

My secret Santa got me a Godiva huge mug and some dark chocolate hot chocolate!! I'm quite sure I've never had Godiva, it's so cool I don't want to open it! We had fun seeing what everyone got, several of the secret Santa's were no longer secret, but that's okay.

One of the girls is going to be out next week. She doesn't know who will attempt to do her job, but filled me in on some stuff as she said "I know you, and you will do your best"

Dad said he and bratkin had a long talk last night. The reality of her "birth family" and who is really there for her and her little family is hitting home. She told him that the older she gets, the more she learns, the more she knows that dad and I are her family.

Yes, she is still pretty immature about a lot of things (like money!) but I was glad to hear that. She has totally stopped drinking, refuses to take anything stronger than ultram for her back pain, and I'm really proud of her. She's not just blowing smoke, I would recognize that

Dad wanted to know what I was doing for Christmas. Well, I always go to mom-Kay's but we've also spent part of the day at my stepsister's. Not sure we will be invited, so he and I will figure out something. He has burned bridges with mom-Kay, and though they would still welcome him, I know it would be awkward for him.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-19-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi Amy love...couldn't help but chuckle over your dip typo.

I'm hoping with all that you are dealing with you will manage to have a peaceful Christmas love. And that you get some wonderful presents!!

V xx
Old 12-19-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

OK, Chic, I made it back. I'll stay as long as it's safe, and you know what I mean, snicker. Good to see everyone, there's no way to really catch up, but, hey, I'm here, I have stories (Chic knows 'em for the most part and has shared, I think). Good to be back, TPA
Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

OMG, TPA!!!!! SOOOO good to see you back, and I, too, get it about being safe I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to emailing you, but been a bit scattered lately.

Vee - I didn't even realize my typo until you mentioned it, but um...oops!?!?!? Got to have something to laugh about

Just dyed my hair, am about to curl up with the cats and try to get some sleep. Need to get up early, as it's almost 2 hours back to where Nick's funeral is. As odd as it may sound, really looking forward to reuniting with old friends to share how much Nick meant to all of us and to support Jeanie and her daughter.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

TPA!!!!!

Love and hello.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Okay, it says my post timed out and I have to post again? At the risk of a double or triple post, here I go again:

OMG, TPA!!!!! SOOOO good to see you back, and I, too, get it about being safe I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to emailing you, but been a bit scattered lately.

Vee - I didn't even realize my typo until you mentioned it, but um...oops!?!?!? Got to have something to laugh about

Just dyed my hair, am about to curl up with the cats and try to get some sleep. Need to get up early, as it's almost 2 hours back to where Nick's funeral is. As odd as it may sound, really looking forward to reuniting with old friends to share how much Nick meant to all of us and to support Jeanie and her daughter.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

dammit, double post
Old 12-19-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

(((((TPA)))). Angel! So good to see you!! You've been soo missed!!

Love from Lenina
Old 12-19-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome back, guys. I have missed you. Life has dealt me some major blows - Hazel died the day before my 60th birthday, as you know, and then sometime between the 28th of May and 4th of June, my dear buddy Jim died. Cause of death has probably been determined by now, but I haven't asked. A major human part of my life is gone, and the reason doesn't much matter. Then Claire, my pit, finally got the advantage on her mortal enemy, the literal witch who lives next door's dog. C has now been deemed by the animal control wench to be a dangerous dog, so we've done all the tap dancing she required, except for spaying - will elaborate on that shortly. Of course we paid all the vet bills and also gave the witch 1K for any incidental expenses.

Claire was scheduled to be spayed (at 7 years old, mind you. Over 4 of those years were taken up with the constant care my Hazel required, so it more or less went to Kansas until I could deal with it), but due to a sudden health possible crisis (elevated white cells, cuts that won't stop bleeding, an odd red rash on my lower neck, and sudden sharp, stabbing pains in R femur) I've had to reschedule. If the animal control wench gets her boxers in a twist, my physicians said my health trumps her aggressive demands. I'm hoping the Jan 12 date will happen, depends on the hematologist and the tests she wants. I'm battling constant fatigue, so I'm not up to sumo wrestling the animal control wench.

I've browsed the pages of this part, and I see Jay has found something to capture his fine mind. Lenina dear, I hope you're well and stay that way. Amy, I'm so proud of you and all you've accomplished, and I send my condolences about Nick. Venus, so good to see you again. And Chic, we've emailed and caught up, thanks for convincing me to come back, as it was safe for the present.

In closing, all I can say regarding the animal control wench is I'm ready to slap her naked and hide her clothes. Even the vet said it was absurd to classify Claire as dangerous, given the history between the two dogs - witch's dog beat the daylights out of Claire when C was a puppy - but alack and alas, Herr Animal Control Wench must be obeyed.

Happy holidays to all,
TPA
Old 12-19-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

What a nice surprise to see you TPA..sorry to hear about Hazel and
Claire..and your friend as well...be well..you certainly don't need any
thing else to give you stress. I've missed your lovely posts.

Hugs
lauren
Old 12-19-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Oh, TPA, that is a lot to deal with.
It breaks my heart when we lose our beloved animals, and our friends.
And your health scare is not good.

I really hope the animal control wench will come to her senses. These people can go way overboard. Sigh.
I know we don't know each other very well, but I really do care, and I am sending my prayers for a good resolution here.

Love V xx
Old 12-20-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Lauren, my friend, hello! Thanks for the welcome back. I gather you're rebuilding the relationship with your son? I so hope it works out as you wish. And Venus, thank you. Hazel was more to me than a dog, I had her from the day she turned five weeks until the terrible day in May (the 23rd) when the cancer had obviously and terribly gone to her brain. It happened so fast, and in a way that was a blessing, as I didn't have time to let my emotions run amok - that came later. I miss her terribly. Claire is just Claire, the most loyal dog I've ever seen, friendly to the point of being overly familiar with people, and she likes other dogs just fine. She just has a major grudge against Rosie. And Rosie's owner has a major grudge against us (never mind that Rosie ripped open the face of her owner's six year old nephew a few years ago). Here's hoping paying the 5K in vet bills and the additional money helps alleviate her vindictiveness.

On a joyful note, I'm going to be with my family, including all five granddaughters, for New Year's. I can't wait, it's the one bright spot right now. I'm just hoping the hematologist doesn't say anything to put a damper on it. Y'all will have to forgive me if I'm a little self-absorbed right now - it feels good to be safe to express myself right now.

You folks are the best, and it's so good to catch up. Love, TPA
Old 12-20-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you TPA

D
Old 12-20-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I hear you TPA ~ Venus is my life, my heart. ♥

Your New Year's sounds lovely.

Suze xx
Old 12-20-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hugs to All

I wanted to pop back in here for a moment to wish you all a peaceful and joyous Holiday. I also wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I will be removing myself from SR. This has been a place of great comfort and support over the years for me but I find that I no longer have anything to offer you and frankly the support I am needing lately cannot be found here. That is not a negative comment about this support group just a statement of where I am and what I am needing at this time.

So....really hugs to to you all. So much support and so many memories. I will carry you in my heart always and wish you all the best.

My very last wish here is that you remember please....that kindness and acceptance of others is what makes this site work. The strength of a group comes from accepting differences and listening to each other; not from always being in agreement.

Several of you have my personal email address and I welcome and look forward to random messages from you! If you would like to keep in contact personally please send me a PM and I will exchange addresses.....I plan to check until the end of the year.

I am working on continued healing from my losses and to do that I need to close some doors....hoping some of you may want to keep in touch personally. If not....that is fine too.

Peace.....Love.....Sobriety.....Respect.....Accept ance to you all....Thank you! Cangel
Old 12-20-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Wishing you well cangel. ♥
I hope you find the healing and the peace that you are looking for.

V xx
Old 12-20-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

((((cangel )))))). I am sorry you will be leaving us and know you will be missed. I do understand. I hope you might pop in from time to time, let us know how you're doing.

please know you'll be in my best thoughts.

Much love from Lenina
Old 12-20-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to see you go cangel but I understand that people do move on. My advice is to not close your account tho - it won't do any harm just sitting there and it's there should your feelings change.

Happy Holidays and have a wonderful 2015

D