Notices

ADVICE! What happened to my sister!?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

We all have days like that...
Old 11-24-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah I wasn't going to answer just because it looked like that too, Raider. Like we don't have enough info...no doubt it looks like some type of drug use, but for the sake of playing devils advocate, there are some mental illnesses that cause these symptoms too. So without real proof...a drug test or a confession....it's all speculation.

I know nothing about meth or coke, but even opiates would keep me up all night. I took them for energy...but I guess it can make some people tired and sleepy? Certain drugs cause certain effects, but they can be different to different people.

Whatever this is though it looks grossly dysfunctional and her poor kids are suffering. Someone needs to advocate for those children! I hope you will take the steps necessary ASAP to get those kids out of her care! That seems to me to be the most important right now. Please let us know what you are going to do for those kids! My heart hurts for them!
Old 11-24-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Clean and Raider could be right. When you are a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My parents r taking care of them. My brother in law has been into meth for sometime now and he cheated on my sis and then my sis told my mom, which I'm not exactly sure the exact wording, and also told me that he was doing drugs with this other woman and that he brought them around and she wanted to keep him. So to me that was saying i started using to keep him around. She also told me she started using painpills to begin with to get over colds.........she admitted to painkillers and that she was doing other drugs but never said exactly but he said M one time explaining something and I said meth and he said. her husband told us she was going down hill. They had gone to Vegas too where he also told me they had done whatever they could get their hands on and my lil sis went and theft were both MIA the whole trip. My sis has gone from talking to me everyday multiple times a day to hardly ever. She took off with the kids to another state to be with a guy she just met when her husband was out getting her "stuff" and got arrested. My sis was bubbly and happy used to out others first had no idea what anxiety was cuz she always used to look at me like I was crazy and shed ask what it was. I've had it since I was a kid. she had a nice house and money and three beautiful healthy Kids and all the sudden all their money was vanishing and they also had a well known meth maker living in their basement because her husband worked with him and felt bad. U could see her personally hygiene go and her kids smelled and she was sleeping at our family events she picked up smoking and also her extreme weight loss. Her husband kept the phone on while she was going crazy and yelling at him because he wouldnt get her any pills from his dads house. Also their best friends got arrested recently for having a meth lab. My parents take cafe of the kids but my sis lives in their camper because she doesnt want them in her business she said. But she doesn't come in and see them everyday.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My sis loved fitness and being healthy and baking and makeup she used to b a lot like my lil Sis and I which is y we were all bestfriends we did everything together. Now when we r around she doesn't care shes on the phone constantly and talks about her nails any opportunity she gets. The kids r in great care with my parents but they have no legal anything so she can come and take them as she pleases. She hasn't had her license in two years either she just never renewed it.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

she needs a professional intervenion . At least then, IF your sister refuses help, you guys can at least say you tried to do the best you could for her. Something should be done for the kids - maybe have your parents see a lawyer for advise . She is being enabled by your parents, I hate to say and I know it is out of love - her having a built-in babysitting service whenever she wants for as long as she wants and having a free place to stay are both compounding the problem, I'm sorry to say. She has no difficulties to face since she's being supported in her lifestyle. I suggest the family go see an addiction counsellor for advice. You all need to see this from a professional angel.jmho