102 Days Clean off Pain Meds

Old 12-17-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Great job! I'm at about 20 months right now
Old 12-17-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 162!!

Woot Woot Mineral! That's a whopper! 20 months!

TOD
Old 12-17-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Day 162!!

Woot Woot Mineral! That's a whopper! 20 months!

TOD
Thank you! Indeed it is. Like you, I did OC, but switched to heroin eventually. Same thing really though. Went to the needle about two months before getting clean

These celebrations are all so joyous. I lost track of the day-by-day after about a year, celebrated 1.5 years and will definitely celebrate two years which is coming up quickly! All this time piling up feels good I know, so congrats! Seems impossible, like you can't do it, and that those doing it are somehow better then you.... until you actually do it :-) If we can do it anyone can!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by mineral View Post
Thank you! Indeed it is. Like you, I did OC, but switched to heroin eventually. Same thing really though. Went to the needle about two months before getting clean

These celebrations are all so joyous. I lost track of the day-by-day after about a year, celebrated 1.5 years and will definitely celebrate two years which is coming up quickly! All this time piling up feels good I know, so congrats! Seems impossible, like you can't do it, and that those doing it are somehow better then you.... until you actually do it :-) If we can do it anyone can!
I love seeing all the times listed! And it doesn't matter how small or how many it is! Just knowing ppl are still starting over because they want to be clean off their DOC is ambition that says: "I can/will do it!" And seeing them starting over and over gives me the strength and knowledge (I) need to STAY clean myself!

It's always the same old gig whenever I go back on them. I always reach a point I want OFF them again! ARGH! I'm super happy about the pain meds being made harder to get now. I never went to the streets to get them.

I'm sure somewhere along the way I'll start counting by the months! LOL Even as of today? I have to go back and look at what day I'm on!

TOD
Old 12-18-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 163!!

TOD
Old 12-19-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Day 163!! TOD
Hip hip horray
Another clean day
Old 12-19-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

WOOP WOOP!!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 164!

Thank you FOUR and Marcus for helping me to root the clean days along! I'm feeling really good! It's also great to be able to get up and get moving after drinking half a cup of coffee now. It used to take me hours to convince myself I need to get things done. ARGH! Like today!

I got up at 3:30 PM. Started my coffee to brewing and then took care of Maria and her needs/wants! LOL I get dressed, grab my coffee and head to the porch! I sit down in front of my computer and catch up on all the reading I needed to do. I receive a text and sit here texting for about an hour. Then I jump up, clean the two large crates and get the large kids inside for the night. Then I head inside and make a pan of gravy from scratch so I could put the leftover steaks from yesterday in the gravy. Throw a can of biscuits in the toaster and a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave! Just as the timers go off? My husband walks in the door! SUPPER is ready! LOL Hubby is enjoying the new better ME!

In the past while taking the pain pills. I'd take a pill to feel better. Then I'd take a pill to get me in the mood to get things done. Only I'd end up sitting here more in a daze than actually getting up and moving. I hate that person! I don't EVER want to be that person again!

Stay true to yourselves and avoid the pitfalls that makes us want to use!

TOD
Old 12-20-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Yay 164 go TOD :-)
Old 12-20-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 2843 and VERY grateful!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-20-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by four812 View Post
Yay 164 go TOD :-)
LOL Thanks FOUR!

I missed posting yesterday! So as of today I'm on my 166th day off the pain meds! Loving the clean time! Things happen each day that makes me truly grateful I'm no longer popping the pills anymore!

Congrat's to all others with the clean time too!

TOD
Old 12-21-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Well done everyone who is staying clean and good luck to those trying.
In Ho Chi Minh now. Amazing how a change of location helps with withdrawals. Feel great now.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Day 2843 and VERY grateful!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Congrats Amy. That is truly something to be proud of and for all of us to strive towards. And proof that it can be done

TOD - the days are just piling up, aren't they? Amazing job, you continue to be a source of inspiration for me!
Old 12-21-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 167!!!!

Eyes! Thanks! I find the more clean days I have? Really messes up a relapse! That's why it's easier to abstain from taking any pain pills! I know what clean living feels like and I want to hang onto it with both hands!

RedMan! Hope you continue feeling better where you are! Hold on with both hands and take it home with ya!

TOD
Old 12-22-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

FOUR!

What day are you on? How are you doing? Wishing you a nice Monday!

TOD
Old 12-22-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

TOD!!!!!
Not sure day..mid forties!
Have a great day :-)
Old 12-22-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 168!

I had a friend ask me today: "How do I do it?" The question came thru right as my hen Martha Mae was knocking on the door to be let inside to her cage for the night. LOL

I answered the friend back with: "Get some chickens! They'll keep you on your toes and paying attention!"

I remind myself of the bad days when I was popping pills and how bad I was and everything gets around me whenever the thought of the pills pops up! It's just not worth my sanity to go back to popping the pills again. It's not worth putting my health into jeopardy again! The world is going nuts around us right now. I want to be in my right mind in case God forbid anything happens here!

You know I've watched many shows where the world ends and we are left to fend for ourselves. What if I was still popping pills when that happened? I don't see myself running to the pharmacy to get more. I mean seriously! There isn't going to be any there to be had because they will all have been broken into and everything taken anyway. So where does that leave ME? Without any pills of course.

It's things like that my mind starts wondering about. Of course there's many other scenarios out there that could cause a person not to have their DOC to use. I just spoke about one. Since I've gone thru several w/d's CT already! I don't even want to think about going thru another in a way that's with less comfort than what I had before.

Being a person using and then something happening to where that chain of supply was broken? Not where I'd want to be caught in.

I don't know! I'm just putting my thoughts out there for others to maybe understand where they could be if something drastic happens. I'm not going to be put in a position where I'm dependent on pain pills if it does!

It's also thoughts that help me stay clean too!

TOD
Old 12-24-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 169!!!

Christmas Eve! I'm free and clean off the opiates also! How grand is that?

And when I wake up on Christmas Day? I'll have 170 days free of the opiates! I'm a happy, content person!

TOD
Old 12-24-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Eve!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by four812 View Post
Merry Christmas Eve!
Same to you FOUR!

I've made my first batch of fudge. Getting ready to start on the second batch! That stuff will wear your arms out stirring! LOL But dang it's some delicious fudge after all the work is done!

Thirty minutes to go and it will be Christmas Day!!!!!

TOD